4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a Read, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Win At Sudoku - The complete guide to solving all levels of Sudoku puzzles using pure logic (Christmas Gift: FREE Puzzle Book) (Kindle Edition)
It is well written looks like its been proof read. It has a working table of contents for kindle and the solutions to the examples and set puzzles are correct. You can access some resources on the web which you can print to attempt harder sudokus. The kindle book is 'Worth a Read'.

I may not be liked for saying this but I prefer Carol Vorderman's How to Do Sudoku for a number of reasons.

o In the hard copy the puzzles are just there you can attempt them straight away no downloading and printing necessary.

o The solutions are nicer and easier to follow.

o The book caters for a greater range of ability.

o There is an excellent number of puzzles at the back arranged in order of difficulty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book to improve your strategy and speed!, 13 May 2012
I've finished reading this revised version that was sent out to me automatically, as I'd bought the Kindle version last year.

I would like to recommend this as a truly excellent resource. You could read this book as an absolute beginner and it would save you a lot of time, but really its aimed at making advanced and really advanced puzzles about a hundred times faster to do (without mathematical brainstorming).

The author is absolutely right, her three major observations are spot on! Her method will save you masses of time (which is great for timed puzzles), you will finally be able to keep your puzzle grid uncluttered and easy to read at ALL times (which is great for competitive situations), you will be able to do much harder puzzles as a result (great, as I'm only interested in very advanced).

Before I read this, my puzzle grid looked like a complete mind-boggling mess, there was so much scribbling inside and outside each cell that my progress with more advanced puzzles was hindered. I was looking precisely for
a book like this, that proves that a hundred and one candidates scattered everywhere is not the answer.

The emphasis of this book is not weird and wonderful mathematical formulae, but straight forward super-logical strategies and solutions for all levels of the game. It also explains foundation level stuff such as twins, triplets and quads in a very clear and concise way.

Bravo to the author for this tremendous achievement and I really look forward to entering timed competitions now (like the one they ran on our cruise last year!).

N.B. If you visit the author's website and register, you'll receive a free pdf download of empty puzzle grids that come out as two on a page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 27 Jan. 2012
Medjoh (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I found this book helpful as a start to doing sudoku, which I am new to. Great fun and am looking forward to achieving a level of expertise in time. The free puzzle book was a nice starter to sudoku. I would recommend it to someone new to this puzzle.