Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£11.39

on 13 March 2009
A good all round introduction to Roman history with signposts to further study. Written in an imaginative and informative way.
on 17 April 2012
Guy de la Bedoyere has written a fantastic account of the Roman Empire, a great sweep across history. This is not a dull, dusty tome, quite the reverse. In spite of having studied Latin at university (or Humanity, as it was called at Glasgow University) I learned so much from this. The Romans almost leap from the pages in all their merits and defects. I can't think of a more entertaining way to learn - I recommend this book unreservedly. It is a jolly good read, and I can't wait to read the volume on the Greeks now.
on 9 January 2016
Despite the title, this work ought to be taken seriously. I've looked for some time for a short history of Rome for Latin students and, finding nothing, was delighted to come across "The Romans for Dummies". Written with a sense of humor that belies the real research and knowledge beneath the jokes, the book is easily accessible, leading students through fun to real learning. I recommend it highly.
on 16 March 2014
This book is great Guy de la Bedoyere is a great writer and explains the complications of Roman History .Although it is in the Dummy Serious it is a seriously good book .God for those starting and those with a bit of knowledge ,it will hold your attention and enjoyment unless you have a Carthaginian War gaming army .
on 11 January 2013
I love Guy's work for the OU, especially the shots of him riding his old Honda 500/4, so I bought his book - I wasn't disappointed - brilliant scholarship with direct and accessible style.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2014
Very good book giving lots of information about Ancient Rome. Easy to read, lots of very useful facts and humor too. Just what you would expect from a Dummies book. I refer to it often.
on 17 July 2013
very informative and entertaining, Easy to understand and very comprehensive.
All you need to know about te Romans and the Roman Empire
on 1 January 2015
I bought this product for my Dad and he was very pleased with it. It is very clear and easy to follow. Good quality too!