5.0 out of 5 stars This is an excellent book for parents., 12 Oct 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
This book is well worth finding. It sets out clearly how to bring up children with warmth and compassion. It helps you break the cycle of "pain, shame and blame". Parents and children will end up happier. The really positive part is the description of "Best Things/Worst Things" to go through with your child at bedtime. All kinds of funny, sad and important issues get to be discussed where before they probably wouldn't have been. The Family Conferences I wasn't so sure about. But generally this book is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thank you positive discipline !, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
This has helped me so much with my 5 yr olds answering back and power struggles. It refers a lot to parents and teachers which is rather repetitive but I think it's to help us remind ourselves that we are all in the same boat as it were with behaviour challenges both at home and school.

Am only half way through the book and can say things have improved already. Thank you positive discipline : )

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best, 9 May 2011
D. Armstrong - See all my reviews
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
Quite simply one of the best books on bringing up children I have ever read. As soon as you start implementing the ideas in this book they work.

4.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
A very informative, powerful, thought provoking read.. trying to rethink and change entrenched ideads with regards to teaching children valuable lessons for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars To read and read again!, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
Can a book help us love our children more? I think so.
The ideas are similar to other best sellers: How To Parent and How To Talk So Kids Will Listen; it's just another way of illustrating those ideas: helping children to become independent and self-confident; being firm and kind, and most of all, being respectful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for parents, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
This book explains very well and with practical steps how to raise a child - in positive and ecouraging way - to be respectful, kind, willing to find solutions for problems. It's easy to read and the methods described in it are effective in practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best parenting book I've ever read, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
Practical and intuitive, I have found the strategies in this book highly effective. It gets to the heart of what motivates children - intrinsically - and helps you to bring it out of them. I'm astonished at how well it's worked on my children - they now do everything I've ever wanted them to do without me having to "ask a hundred thousand times". I haven't had my usual power struggles with my extremely strong willed daughter and my usually very reliant son is now doing everything all by his big self! If you want to bring up children to be happy, confident and self-reliant individuals (and feel very proud of yourself in the process), this is the book to read. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 May 2014
U. Parkes (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
I have read many books - I have a child with special needs, but this book made so much sense and I thought it was simple brilliant. A must for every parent to read. It turns some things that you have learnt on its head, and it will answer other questions that you couldn't before. Great book - highly recommend you buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
Wow! Saying that this book has transformed our lives but mostly our sons life, is an understatement! We have an eight year old son and a two year old daughter, I so wish I had read this years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars How to use the positive approach, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Positive Discipline (Paperback)
It is good to know what to expect and how to react! To know your child and help her know you! This books helps!

Positive Discipline
Positive Discipline by Jane Nelsen Ed.D.
5.41