5.0 out of 5 stars good
A short story about mafiosa style families with magic.

Loved the unique slant to magic. It has a very strong premise, enough for a full length novel, if not a series. I would definately read it if it was written (hint hint Ilona and Gordon if you are reading this!)
Published on 24 May 2011 by Paula

3.0 out of 5 stars For romance fans - early Ilona Andrews
Published 8 months ago by lyra

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 24 May 2011
This review is from: Of Swine and Roses (Kindle Edition)
A short story about mafiosa style families with magic.

3.0 out of 5 stars For romance fans - early Ilona Andrews, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Of Swine and Roses (Kindle Edition)
More like 2.5* for me; this is an early Ilona Andrews short romance set in another world. If you love IA then you are bound to buy this sooner or later, if you also love romance no doubt you will be horrified by my rating and love the sexy lead. I found it too predictable and romantic, but then the cover is hardly subtle so it's my own fault for indulging. If like me you sit firmly in the UF camp rather than PNR or R, then you have been warned! On the other hand, readers who love this will be delighted to know that Ilona Andrews have just released an Avon book following up this story: Burn For Me. Me?I will just wait it out for the next Kate Daniels novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 14 Mar 2011
C. Cardno "bookworm" (Aberdeenshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Swine and Roses (Kindle Edition)
I had previously read this for free on the authors blog but jumped at the chance to buy it for my kindle. It is a very short story but manages to be entertaining and funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for YA, 20 Nov 2014
This review is from: Of Swine and Roses (Kindle Edition)
This may have been written with a young adult audience in mind and though I am over 30 - I found it to be a wonderful story. This proves that the Andrews team can write for many different audiences.

It may be a short piece, but it is filled with just about everything you need to be satisfied -some action, romance and a kick-butt heroine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pig romance, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Of Swine and Roses (Kindle Edition)
Lovely short story. A twist on the usual fairy tales but in an adult way.
Absolutely loved it, would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Normal High Standard, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Of Swine and Roses (Kindle Edition)
A few magicians of varying power and a love story round a girl who is emotionaly blackmailed into accepting a date for the sake of family finances.
I enjoy reading this husband and wife team and this did not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 1 Mar 2013
W. T. Olafimihan "fire cat" (Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Swine and Roses (Kindle Edition)
Again love these authors so anything I can get my hands on I will. Beautifully crafted, engaging characters and excellent dialogue.
coupled with humour and intrigue. so though short story is definitely worth reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 Sep 2012
This review is from: Of Swine and Roses (Kindle Edition)
Ilona Andrews never fail to keep readers happy - whatever they write, they excel at. I've now read nearly all of Ilona Andrews work, except for perhaps some of the latest that are not yet out on Kindle. If you haven't ever read anything of theirs and are wondering whether or not to buy, try their numerous short stories first. I'd recommend this one as it's the cheapest, so if it's not your kind of thing - which it probably will be, by the way - you won't be upset about spending money on something you didn't enjoy. After that, Silent Blade and Silver Shark are two short stories that are part of The Kinsmen series which I highly, highly recommend.

Now. About this short story.

It's so fantastic, I reread parts of it because that's how much I enjoyed it. It's short and sweet, and a fantastic read for when you don't feel like sleeping and need something to read. Buy this, you won't regret it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 Aug 2014