5.0 out of 5 stars McCloud Swedish Sets S3-4, 5, 6 Subtitle Info
I bought the Swedish import sets S3-4, 5, 6 a few days ago and when I recieved them I checked out the subtitle issue. Bottom line first :) : The subtitle display was removable for me with my DVD player.

Published 24 months ago by J. Willis

3.0 out of 5 stars Sub-titles
Good to have these issued but whilst the original English soundtrack is there it is a pity that there is no provision for deleting the foreign sub-titles.
Published on 21 Jun 2011 by johng

3.0 out of 5 stars Sub-titles, 21 Jun 2011
johng (Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McCloud - Season 3 And 4 complete (Region 2) (Import) (DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars One episode missing., 15 April 2011
Please note, that season 3 episode 1 "The New Mexican Connection" (the episode where Rick Nelson sings Garden Party) is missing on the DVD box. Season 3 + 4 is 10 episodes in all, there is only 9 in this box.

5.0 out of 5 stars McCloud Swedish Sets S3-4, 5, 6 Subtitle Info, 19 April 2012
J. Willis - See all my reviews

First, my pov on the picture quality: These prints are very good, comparable to most of my other Universal R1 TV/DVD sets. The Color quality is good. I'd rate these transfers as a solid "A".

I am a U.S. resident with a Pioneer DV-400V standard player that was mfg'ed for U.S. playback but is modified internally for region-free playback capability. I tested the 1st disc from the S3-4 set and as indicated from another reviewer, the subtitle display will be enabled in its default condition. I tried the "subtitle on/off" option from my player's menu setting but I anticipated that this wouldn't remove the subtitle display based on the other review poster's experience. I then experimented with the discs' "Language select" menu and I didn't see an option where I could scroll until a "no language" option was available.

I did some experimenting and I found, on my player, that I needed to access the "Home Menu" (some players refer to this as the "Initial Set-up" menu, etc) and then press the same Home Menu button again to exit the menu. I resumed playback and the subtitle display is disabled. It remains disabled for all episodes on the disc and also will remain disabled when "stop" is pressed once ("resume" mode for most players) and also when "stop" is pressed twice. If the disc is ejected from the player and re-inserted (or first-time insertion for playback), then I need to repeat the same steps to disable the subtitle display.

I did note that it didn't matter which language I selected from the discs's Language Menu, as to the subtitle display being disabled so I always select the first language option which I belive is Danish.

To review:

- Insert the disc. Allow it to play the company logo and display the "language" menu.
- Select any of the four language choices as that will have no effect on the subtitle display being turned off.
- Allow the episode to begin playback. You will see the subtitle displayed.
- Press "Stop" twice. * This may vary depending on your player's operation. For my Pioneer player, I must press "Stop" twice to allow access to the "Home Menu" settings.
- Press "Home Menu" (or perhaps "Setup" Menu depending on how your player's Remote Control buttons are labeled)
- Press "Home Menu" again to exit the "setup" mode.
- Press "Play" to resume playback from it's last play position in the episode.
- Done... enjoy "McCloud"

The English audio track is enabled by default on all 3 of these sets.

4.0 out of 5 stars McCloud S3&4 At Last, 7 Sep 2012
R. King "raking" (London, England) - See all my reviews
Received my copy yesterday and although I have not watched any properly yet, because of the subtitle issue mentioned in other reviews, I decided to just put the first episode on and see for myself. When the menu comes up you have a choice of four languages. Just select the first one and then the episode menu is displayed. Start the episode and then just press the 'subtitle' key on your remote control and just press until it says 'off' - job done. No problem at all. Will confirm that the first episode of season 3 is indeed missing but don't know why. A shame but to get nine out of ten is better than nothing. Don't know if seasons 5, 6 & 7 are complete but hope to get them sometime, however, am not keen on spending 23 on each of the series 5 & 6 when I only paid 20 for seasons 3 & 4 combined. Also I have only seen Season 7 available for about 60 and I am certainly not paying that for it. So until those three come down in price a bit I will just have to live without them.

ARRAY(0xb431d7e0)

McCloud - Season 3 And 4 complete (Region 2) (Import)
Out of stock