4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine!
Published on 28 Mar 2010 by Dagmara M. Kozlowska

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Addon & Inconsistent Connectivity
As both my wife and I have a Polar HRM each I thought it would be worthwile getting the 'flowlink' accessory which allows data to be uploaded from the watch (you place your watch face down on the black pad of the flowlink) - or it is meant to!

Published 16 months ago by Matty M

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine!, 28 Mar 2010
This review is from: Polar Flowlink (Sports)
I bought Polar Flowlink for my new Polar RS300X. Before I used to have Polar F11 and did not need any additional kit for transferring data (only microphone and pc). Polar Flowlink has bad reviews on Amazon.com (the American version of Amazon), but as I have been transferring my data before. It was really important for me to continue. I have downloaded the software from internet and connected Polar Flowlink to my PC as soon as it was delivered. I did not have any problems with it (maybe I am lucky), it just does what it's supposed to do. I put the HRM on the black surface and data is being transferred automatically. I even managed to change my logo to something more personal using this device. The only thing I did not like is the price. It's about 40 - only for transferring data. Its expensive for what it is and that's why 4 starts and not 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect In Every Way, 7 Jun 2012
This review is from: Polar Flowlink (Sports)
After purchasing a Polar FT7M sports watch I needed the add-on Flowlink device in order to send results to the Polar web site. Searched for the best deal on the Internet, Amazon easily came up with the best price option. Submitted order on Wednesday, package received on Thursday. It took literally minutes to set up and transfer my first results to the web site (I had already downloaded and installed the required Polar software, but it couldn't work without this Flowlink device). Very easy process overall.

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Addon & Inconsistent Connectivity, 14 Mar 2013
This review is from: Polar Flowlink (Sports)

It worked for me the 1st time, but then to get it to upload subsequent 'reads' I had to reboot my computer each time (yes, I tried closing/re-opening software first - no luck!). This was a PITA. On the Polar forums there are lots of users with similar issues and it is clear this accessory needs some serious work by Polar for it to be anything worth the price they are charging for it. Considering many other devices can integrate via Bluetooth or Wirless seamlessly from the device itself it seems this accessory is a clunky and ill thought out option to grab a bit of extra cash from the user rather than a commitment to seamless integration of their products.

Update: about 2 days ago there was a patch release for the software (that is used in conjunction with the flowlink accessory) and I found that I no longer had to reboot my computer in between 'synchs'. Until today that is - I got about 4-5 synchs done but today it just doest wanna play - a reboot is on the cards. Dodgy :-(

2.0 out of 5 stars Begrudging Purchase, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Polar Flowlink (Sports)
Works as it should but I begrudge paying so much just to transfer data from an expensive watch. It could at least be wireless to I don't have it hanging ugly-ly from the back of my Mac (the cable is quite stiff so it doesn't always sit flat which makes it look cheap). It's fiddly to plug in frequently, as I don't want to leave it plugged in with its light constantly wasting energy, which means it isn't quick or convenient for me. It could do with an on/off switch; the planet can't afford pointless lights and wasteful energy use.
It is much easier than transferring by hand a very quick.

3.0 out of 5 stars How difficult?!, 14 July 2012
This review is from: Polar Flowlink (Misc.)
I bought thios to go with my recently purchased FT7. I expected plug and play. So far I get repeatewd error messages. Extremely disappointed and can't recommend. No instructions supplied!
I am normally trech savvy and this is the first feedback I have ever left!

The forums say you need a version mumber ending with 08 which mine doesn't; so I don't know if I have received obsolete stock. If I am proved wrong I will be happy to post an update, until then.....

Update as promised. After another hour of de-installing and re-installing I finally got it to work! THe FT7 monitor I bought this to use with works really well, which made the struggl to get this to work more frustrating! Anyway I am there now so can get on and enjoy monitoring my training results.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT transfer data to your computer - only transfers it to the Polar website, 27 Jun 2011
Alison (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar Flowlink (Misc.)
After my old Polar heart rate monitor became unreliable and stopped working, I bought this device with the RS300X heart rate monitor as a replacement. I expected that it would allow me to upload the data from the heart rate monitor directly to my computer's hard drive. However, there seems no option to do this, and instead, the device only appears to work by uploading data directly to Polar's website.

I have several problems with this:
1. A live internet connection is necessary to upload any data from the HRM, and it can't be done offline.
2. It means I have no choice of what software to store my training results in, unless I manually type my data into another program (which takes away the whole point of the data transfer device!), because the Polar website seems to have no option to download a batch file of all my data.
3. I regard my training data as private, and yet to use this device, I have no option but to share my training data and personal details with Polar. They have an opt-out clause in their terms and conditions that you can select if you want to increase the restrictions on how they are allowed to use your data and personal details. However, when I asked them to confirm receipt of my opt-out and let me know if there was any way of downloading data directly to my hard drive, I received absolutely no reply.

In summary, I would not have bought this device (or the RS300X, which has no alternative data transfer means) if I had been aware of its limitations prior to purchasing. I would have chosen an alternative that gave me control over my own data and a choice over the training analysis software that I can use. This was the case with my old polar HRM, which transferred to PC by IR link. Also, poor customer service from Polar, in not replying to my queries.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just can't get it working!, 13 Jan 2011
This review is from: Polar Flowlink (Sports)
I cannot get this working. Have tried just about everything. Software downloaded fine, my computer recognises the hardware, the flowlink recognises the watch - so far so good. Starts to transmit and then just stops halfway. Polar have been no help so far. Having checked Amazon.com I can see that there have been quite a few complaints about the Flow Link so I suppose I am not alone. This is not so much plug in and play as plug in and go to sleep.

1.0 out of 5 stars Let down by Polar.., 21 Feb 2011
This review is from: Polar Flowlink (Sports)
Owning a Polar product is a real roller coaster, impressive quality, useful gadgets. Unfortunately once you buy one of their already expensive products that promise all sorts of functionality and connectivity you soon realise that you have to make further purchases in order to unlock all that functionality you've already paid so handsomely for. I 'could' have checked more carefully but why are there so many different ways to connect differently compatible Polar devices, why not just stick a micro usb in like everyone else and have universally compatible devices? This is my last Polar purchase It'll be going on e-bay with the rest of the Poalr items I have and I'll be buying Garmin instead..

1.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with Macs, 18 May 2010
N. Dimond (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Polar Flowlink (Sports)
I am a Mac user and was disappointed to find that, as yet, this is not compatible with Macs. This should have been pointed out in far more obvious terms in the Amazon description of the product. I read somewhere that Mac-compatible software may be released later in 2010 at which point I will update my review, since it sounds like a good product for PC users! Note that I do have a virtual version of Windows running on my Mac (using VMWare) but this didn't seem to help when it came to using the Flowlink.

5.0 out of 5 stars yep!, 28 April 2014
Z Tiller (Bucks) - See all my reviews
Worked straightaway, and had no problems at all, linking this to my polar FT7
very simple and easy process to use.

Polar Flowlink