5.0 out of 5 stars Witty Werewolf YA
OMG. This self-published novel has completely taken me by surprise. Not only is it well-written, entertaining and somewhat addictive, but it's driven at the helm by a dry-voiced narrator called Scout, who you can't help but love. The characters in Destiny Binds are amazingly well-rounded, the shifter mythology incredibly believable, and the romance one of the best I've...
Published on 26 Jun 2011 by S. Young

2.0 out of 5 stars very American, very young (I may not be the target audience!)
The book is well written and nice characters. I just struggled with the very American High School references. I love young adult stories, even though I am an older adult! I think being older and not American some of the references just went past me! Unlike Twighlight or Hunger Games I think you probably have to be a teenager to fully apprecate this story. I think you...
Published on 11 July 2012 by Amandajra

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!! A Must Read!!, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I was a bit weary of this to begin with. Maybe it was just me but I found the main character Scout a little annoying to start with. But a couple of chapters in I was hooked and warmed to Scout. All the characters were great and well rounded and the whole story hugely enjoyable. Other reviews have commented on lack of action within the story however I did not feel that this was the case. I enjoyed the story and feel that it flowed well and at a good pace. I did not feel that the story was missing anything in any way. For the price this book and the next in the series are such great bargains and I would have happily paid more. The ending was incredibly sad but worked well nonetheless. Bought the second book and enjoyed just as much and cannot wait to read book 3!!

I highly recommend this book to those who enjoy YA paranormal/supernatural genre. Well written and very enjoyable!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 9 April 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book has a great plot with interesting characters. It's really well written and very readable and enjoyable. It's also very well edited, as well as any formally published book, so there are no typos/grammar problems detracting from the book. I would quite happily have paid far more than the very low price that this book is set at. After reading this book I went straight out and bought the second in the series, and once again was not disappointed. I'm not waiting impatiently for the next in the series. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes urban fantasy - and it's way better than Twilight!

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, 3 April 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book and couldnt put it down, so much so when I finished it I bought the next one immediatly.
It made me laugh and it made me cry, I actually shed tears!
You will not be dissapointed with this or the second book.
I cant wait for book 3! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, 29 Mar 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Bought this on the off chance, mainly because of the positive reviews and boy was it worth it. I have paid far more for books that I have not enjoyed half as much. The author should charge much more for her work. I have been laughing out loud while reading, what more do you want from a book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Desperate for the 3rd instalment, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Having seen a recommendation for this series on a review for a different author, and seeing it's bargain price, I decided to give this a punt and I can safely say it was a brilliant decision. I loved this book and it's follow up, 'Time Heals'. The characters are well described and detailed enough for you to really care about what happens to them and the story is quite an original take on the shifter theme. I am now completely hooked and desperate to find out what happens - so my only warning would be that waiting for the next book can cause some discomfort!

5.0 out of 5 stars firey and funny!, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Anyone considering this series should really trust all the reviews...it's brilliant! I'm gob smacked that this was so cheap because it incredible value for money! I've downloaded lots of cheap books and of course, like most, I tend to keep expectations realistic to those terms. The risk of purchasing something flawed is often overlooked because of how little you pay, but with this, it really is a good investment! The main character is incredibly likeable and the dialogue/narrative is just brilliant!

I'll just say this one thing...I was a little hesitant to get this on the basis that the character is called Scout. From reading so much YA, you become accustomed to seeing a range of odd names (for both the main character and the love interest)and sometime it really doesn't work and can let a book down. With Destiny Binds it was very easy to get past this so if you feel the same, don't be put off.

Basically, if paranormal romance is your thing, you should definitely add this to your collection. I'm seriously looking forward to the future instalments to this series and how Scout grows as a character.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I am a big fan of paranormal YA, despite not having been a YA for a while now and I can honestly say this ranks in my top 5! Loved the original story line, the believable and endearing characters and the sharp and witty dialogue. I strongly recommend this book and its sequel and can't wait for the final installement! Please, please, please read this. You won't be disappointed! This series deserves to do well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compelling, Brilliant book., 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book. Characters well written and story intriguing, funny, sad and romantic. An absolutely lovable heroine called scout and an enchanting. witty and completely compelling tale. A definate must have to any collection. Avidly awaiting more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Review: Destiny Binds, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Okay, so I actually saw this bok ages ago but the front cover put me off it (i know, i know, never judge a book by it's cover.) Anyway, I decided not to get it then, but recently, my friend came into school and practically forced me to read it. Once again, she proved me wrong. This book was amazing. I've already taken a liking into wolves and this book just made me like them even more.

First of all, it was such a coincidence that her name is Scout (from To Kill a Mockingbird) and in school, we are currently studying that book! Though, I have to admit that I was quite disappointed when it didn't really have anything to do with the book itself other than her name. There probably is a link, and I'm just too dumb to realise it.

The storyline of this book was quite....interesting, yet confusing at the same time. Even now I still don't get why Alex and his brother came to this town even though they knew that it wasn't safe/right. Though, I guess that's what makes the story more intriguing and mysterious.

When I first started reading this book , it was a bit confusing. I didn't know that Jase was her brother until later. However, as I got further into the book, I came to really like this book. The romance in here was very sweet. I've always liked forbidden love, it proves how much people can love each other.

What I mainly liked about this book was the brother and sister relationship between Jase and Scout. Some people (like my friend) say that Jase was being over-protective and annoying but, isn't that just what brothers do? Even though Scout and jase aren't really related by blood, he still cares for her a lot. Scout should be really glad that she has a brother like him.:)

I liked all the character in this book (especially Jase), except 2 people. Charlie and Liam. I hated how Charlie keeps on stepping into the picture. If it wasn't for Charlie then Scout would pick Alex anyday! Liam was just being arrogant and annoying. He hates Scout for a reason that she doesn't know! My favourite character is Jase because he's a great brother! But, i'll have to admit, Alex was one of the sweetest and coolest characters in this book.

The ending of this book shocked me. Actually, it shock was my first reaction then after my friend explained it to me (turns out I didn't read the last page because of the shock), I was more annoyed. How could Alex do that?

Overall, I actually really really liked this book! However, I don't think that I will be reading the 2nd book. Something tells me that it will just aggravate me, yes, I do get overly annoyed of a book! Though, I do highly recommend this book for teens! :)

It's currently 0.72 on kindle Amazon uk so.....if you're int he Uk then why not get it now? Oh dear, I sound like a T.V. Commercial thingy :L

Overall rating: 4 stars out of 5

Chantel
x
[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars my first book reviee, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I am well past the target readers age BUT I really enjoyed this book. Well worth the money. I enjoyed the subject matter. Liked that it "normalised" the family setting. Believed in the characters and was sucked into their lives. Very much look forward to reading the next book.

Destiny Binds (Timber Wolves Book 1)
1.86