5.0 out of 5 stars daniel fast, 3 Dec. 2012
This book has its basis in Christianity - the book of Daniel where he and his friends refuse to eat the food sacrificed to other gods, instead they ask to eat their own food - mainly vegan and not sacrificed - for a period of 21 days then to be reconsidered according to their health.
The book has recipies, meal plans and devotional exercises for 21 days although it makes clear that you can use some or all of it, thus if you are not a Christian you can still gain through following the diet itself. At least half of the book is about fasting, its meaning, how to, restrictions and other questions that may be asked.
This book would be good to use at any time in preparation for something - eg, Lent - and is commonly used to start the New Year.
Other books do concentrate on the dietary aspects more than the religious ones so i would advise anyone to consider which type of book they really want.
Personally i wanted both and i am very impressed by this book. I am going to use it to get closer to God once more having stepped back from religion for almost 3 years. I think it is an excellent way for those who have lost their way spiritually to find a way back.
It is well written, concise, clear yet contains a lot of information.
If you want a devotional and a diet in one this is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for every home, 10 Feb. 2014
Fanatastic read if you're interested in learning about the Daniel Fast. I love Susan Gregory, I love her recipes, her inspiration, all her devotions and her dedication, passion and love for God and wanting to help others on their journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daniel Fast, 12 July 2013
I have not worked through all the book but there are some great recipes. i like the fact there are daily devotionals to go along with the Fast. I did the fast for 10 days to start with and it has been far better than I could have imagined. it really makes you think about the artificial and unnecessary foods that go into our bodies. The great things is that I also lost 7LBs and feel a whole lot better physically and spiritually. it has defintely improved my prayer life

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic and enlightening, 4 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Daniel Fast: Feed Your Soul, Strengthen Your Spirit, and Renew Your Body (Kindle Edition)
I am on the last day of an Esther fast which is 3 days without food or water. I feel as though reading this book has brought more insight into the Esther fast than the author of that book did and I believe that my prayers have been answered by coming across this book. I am really looking forward to this fast and will recommend this book to anyone seeking to build their relationship with God.

For anyone seeking to compare the two fasts (Esther & Daniel) I wouldn't bother as they are like comparing oranges and apples. If you are new to fasting like I was a few months ago this book and fast will be a fantastic place to start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fasting, 10 Feb. 2011
This book has been invaluable whilst doing our annual fast. Some of the recipes had to be adapted and I found chipatti flour works best for the unleavened bread or crackers as USA flour is different to ours. I can't recommend this book highly enough if you are thinking of doing a 'Daniel fast'. It has changed the way we eat in some ways with lots of recipes I will still try out ready for next years fast. I also like the fact that you can go online and get encouragement with the writer on her blog at: daniel-fast.com Well worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it!!!!, 20 Feb. 2014
I ordered this product, and it came to day and I'm so excited at this new chapter in my life on which I'm about to embark on. The service i received was impeccable, if i could rate this higher than 5 stars i would. I can't recommend this book enough, i can only say to anyone looking to partake in the Daniel Fast give this book a try, between the explanations to the recipes it's a must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant guide, 8 Feb. 2015
Brilliant book been great help for me doing my first fast. Devotionals really helped me get in to Gods word. Recipes great I was cooking food never tryed before. Finished 21 days fast but still enjoying healthy eating. Unleaven bread page 199 must try. Anyone doing daniel fast must get book. I was blessed

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 5 Feb. 2015
MS S GUMBI (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Good read for my spiritual growth although I've not managed to religiously apply everything in the book

5.0 out of 5 stars daniel fast, 8 Mar. 2011
brought this book for my wife.She read it and was pleased to find a lot of things she did not know what she could and could not eat so it is well worth it and some of the meals in the book she enjoyed

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 1 April 2014
D. G. Crawford "Denise Crawford" (Southfields, London) - See all my reviews
Item arrived safely and efficiently. I am totally satisfied and happy with my purchase. A good service all round and a totally satisfied customer.