4.0 out of 5 stars Fits old Arcitec rq10 OK
I took a little punt on these heads as I have an old Arcitec shaver that takes rq10 heads. I had read in a review that the RQ12 heads do fit on and that they were a better cut. I can confirm that they do fit and that the cut is marginally better. The heads are larger and I find they knock off slightly easier.
Published on 9 July 2012 by Fazzathebrave

1.0 out of 5 stars the original head gave better shaving results for longer
I think most of these positive reviews were written at the the point of sale when everything worked. I bought this for my Arcitec razor, but soon realised that it wasn't half as reliable. The mounting for the pads gives up, which means that the blades don't have pressure on the foil. The original Arcitec head wasn't as fancy, but was much more durable. As well as that,...
Published 2 months ago by Oscar Williamson

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits old Arcitec rq10 OK, 9 July 2012
This review is from: Philips SensoTouch RQ12/50 3D Ultra Track Replacement Shaving Head Unit (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars 2D to 3D Head Exchange, 14 Mar 2014
What Philips don't want you to know. My Philips RQ10 3 head triple track finally gave up the ghost after many years faithful service. Looking for replacement I was offered a RQ11 sensor touch 2D 3 head with clip on beard trimmer for £89 or RQ12 3D 3 head with clip on beard trimmer for £180. This seemed a massive amount for a upgraded head so took the 2D. What I didn't know was the 2D has only a single track per head which gives a very basic shave at best as well as taking twice as long. Reading the Amazon threads I realise the RQ12 3D replacement head is triple tracked and has the exact same clip fittings. Bought for £40 (Amazon) and bingo now have a wonderful fast comfortable close shave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit and it's like new again., 30 Oct 2012
Bruce "from Brighton" (UK - England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I started using a Philips RQ1260 SensoTouch GyroFlex 3D Rechargeable Rotary Shaver in April 2011 and it has converted me to this type of shave. Before that I had been using a razor and wet shave for many years - but this convinced me to change. A close shave in less time and with no chance of nicks or cuts.

This has got a lot of use and I was noticing a slight difference in how well it was working - taking longer and not catching everything first time. So I was delighted to see that Amazon was stocking these replacement heads at a reasonable price. It was simplicity itself to change the heads over and I noticed a big difference straight away - back to how it was when new.

I can't fault this replacement product and am very happy to have the shaver back to its very best. I hope that Amazon keep stocking these and I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp stuff, 5 Jan 2013
Always been a 'safety razor' fan until I bought the Philips RQ Senso-touch razor 2 years ago.
The blades have been fantastic and this replacement is even sharper.
Very good value for money when compared with wet razor blades.........................good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips RQ12/50 Replacement Head, 2 Jan 2013
The new head returned my shaver to its original state. The old head, over about 2.5 years, had become very gradually slacker. Hardly surprising considering the wear it had had over that time. Even the old head was better than my earlier shavers (about 52 years of electric shaving), closer and more comfortable. The new head put me back to the shaver I bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like a new razor, 16 Oct 2012
Stephen Brockenbrow (BFPO) - See all my reviews
I use my electric razor approx everyday and had noticed that I wasn't getting as close a shave as I desired after 2 years of use.
Popped the new head on and now feels like new. For me it feels as good as having a wet shave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my razor like new again, 12 Sep 2013
I've had the RQ1280 for about 2 years now, and for the last few months have noticed the performance has dropped off, not shaving as well as it should. Bought this and immediately it felt like a new razor (unsurprisingly). Its expensive, but it is a complicated unit I suppose, and replacing it every 18months to 2 years is not too bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars PHILIPS RQ12/50 SHAVING HEAD-SUPERCEDES RQ12 & RQ12/40, 23 Sep 2011
This unit also fits the older RQ10 series shaver, not something Philips make well known. Gives a much better shave than the original but the old head cover will no longer fit. It is also a bit of a tight fit in the charging cradle with the head fitted, but the cover will still fit for travel, easier to just remove head when charging. Not tried in autoclean unit so do not know if it still fits in that.

4.0 out of 5 stars The secret Philips don't want you to know.., 8 Jan 2013
Eyal Benno (Oxted, Surrey) - See all my reviews
I had the few ARCitec shavers in the past few years and always looked at those upgrade models coming from Philips with an interested eye, would they be any better??
The fact of the matter is that, as other people said, it is an upgrade that Philips doesn't want you to know about.
It is a RQ12xx series head that fits perfectly into an RQ10xx/RQ11xx body and suddenly you have the latest and greatest.

The verdict is still out if it performs better then the RQ10/40 or the RQ10/50 which are the original replacement shaver heads but
it felt like a smother shave (also had something to do with the fact that it was brand new !!).

The downside for installing this shaver head on your old RQ10xx/RQ11xx shaver is that you can no longer use the Jet clean stand /charger which came with you shaver.
The new shaver head is too big and get stuck when the down motion is initiated, hence only 4 stars...

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the ticket, 17 Mar 2013
P. Barrett ""book maven"" (Lanzarote/Canary islands) - See all my reviews
I am very biased towards Philips these days so, I may sound more negative than expected. First of all, I was shocked at the cost of the new shaving head as there was no indication of this in the reviews which I read before purchasing the Senso Touch. As far as the senso touch goes I have no complaints at all. The shave lived up to it's expectations. Shaving head going within two years was a let down for me as I have used a philishave for many years and the heads lasted a lot longer. The new blades are shaving me good but they together with the razor make a noise which I never had before. I cannot get in touch with Philips customer service as they are cpmpletely unhelpful. I still use my philishave which shaves me good and the blades are longer than seven years old now. Only purchased new razor for the convenience of a cordless/ rechargeable razor. All in all not bad apart from the niggly bits.

PLB