on 29 June 2013
I have used battery chargers before, but have not always been totally happy with them, either because they were badly made or because it wasn't always clear when batteries were charged and ready, so I was always concerned with over charging.

No such problems with this Duracell battery charger. I bought 8 AA (2400mAh) for use in a camera and they were charged in under 5 hours when used for the first time. The charger feels well made and the door opens and closes reassuringly well, not fragile like other chargers I have owned. The power unit was small but worked well. The lights all lit up red when the charge was started and one by one they turned green once the batteries reached the fully charged point. There was no noticeable excessive heat, just some warmth from the batteries, and I noticed that the small neat instruction sheet mentioned an abnormal heat warning light - I hope I don't need that option, but it is helpful to have.

In summary I am very pleased with this battery charger and would recommend it. I plan to use it for the whole range of batteries it takes, from AAA to 9 volt. Now off to order some more AA and AAA batteries!
on 23 January 2014
I have had several battery chargers over the years, - some take ages to charge a pair of AA batteries and some seem only capable of charging a set of batteries fully a very limited number of times before the battery capacity is impared.
This one charges quickly, can charge a lot of batteries in one go and works very efficiently, indicating when each individual battery is fully charged.
Highly recommended to anyone who uses a lot of rechargeable batteries, well worth the higher cost.
Although it will recharge any suitable batteries regardless of maker I also bought some Duracell batteries to go with this charger and they seem to be performing better than other brands so I would recommend their batteries to go with this charger.
on 14 April 2014
If you have new-ish batteries, that just need a top up, this is very good. I like the fact that it tells you (via a green light) when the batteries are fully charged. However, if like me you have accumulated a number of rechargeable batteries over time, but have not had a need to use them lately, or simply that you have run them down, don't expect this machine to charge them for you. 9 times out of 10 it simply flags up the batteries as being dead or defective, so will not - or cannot - charge them. I have an older charger that will charge these allegedly defunct batteries, allowing me to continue to use them, so to suggest they are no longer of any use is defeating the object of having rechargeable batteries that may be charged again. And this is apparently an 'intelligent' charger. I don't think so.
on 14 February 2015
I have had this charger for nearly two years but have given up using it because it only wants to charge nearly new Duracell batteries. I was looking for a charger that would indicate when charging is complete as with many of them on the market there is bit of guesswork involved. I have high quality rechargeable batteries of other brands (e.g. Energizer) as well as Duracell but for at least 75% of my other brand batteries the Duracell charger's light starts flashing red and it refuses to charge. In the past two years I have continued to charge and use these other brand batteries on a regular basis using other chargers (daily, weekly and monthly for a wide range of applications) and they work fine. It is not the batteries that are at fault but the Duracell charger. The natural-born cynic in me says that it is a ploy for customers to get hooked into buying only Duracell brand rechargeables as these are the only ones that work for me (but sometimes not all of them either). There is nothing in the Amazon description to say that it is designed only for Duracell-only batteries but I presume it has been designed with such narrow tolerance that only Duracell NiMH will work. My advice would be that if you have a range of brands of rechargeable batteries like me then avoid this like the plague.......mine will probably end up getting recycled as it is now beyond frustrating to use and I refuse to be duped into buying only the Duracell brand.
on 12 December 2012
The first thing I was surprised about was the size of this charger. It's bigger than you think, but then again, can accommodate a lot of batteries. Plugged in 8 AA's that were completely dead, went shopping and came back to find the red LED indicators on each slot had all turned green. I was probably gone less than three hours so happy about that. Not the cheapest of chargers for sure, but it feels like a solid build, if completely plastic and there was no fiddling with getting the battery's in or out.
on 17 May 2013
very happy, seems to do it's job very well, overall very pleased with it, only real nag is that whilst you can charge each individually, if you take one or two out when others haven't yet finished the remaining batteries seem to take much longer to finish, as if interuption starts them at zero charge again....Otherwise this would rate five stars.
on 11 December 2013
There are chargers that charge quicker than this one but if batteries get too hot life is reduced. You can charge 1 to 8 cells AA or AAA and 1 to 4 C or D which is very useful. Also 1 PP3.

Only complaint is that it will not charge batteries that are very flat. (i.e. less than 0.9 volts) otherwise would have given 5 stars.
on 10 April 2014
I've had this some time now and it works perfectly.
Because of the design of the battery holders it is possible to mix AAA & AA which is useful. The indicator lights for each of the 8 charging positions are useful, red indicates charging and changes to green to indicate charged. Its well made with a transparent smoked black lid that looks quite neat when closed. It is a little bigger than I expected with just less than the footprint of a paperback book but this is not a problem as it sits on a table with other gadgets in my "study" (bedroom converted to computer room - to be honest)
I recommend this
on 1 December 2013
I decided to purchase this one after reading other reviews. I had Energizer rechargeable batteries in my digital radio and it was difficult [if not impossible sometimes] to recharge all six batteries. Whether this was because they weren't Duracell batteries, or whether these batteries had been affected by damp or something .... Was disappointed with this item really, and wish I hadn't bought it - although it may prove useful in the future, as you can recharge different size batteries...
on 11 March 2016
This Duracell CEF22ADP unit is quite large, so is connected to mains via the supplied transformer plug and lead. It has a sturdy feel, and unlike many others it can charge an assortment of battery types provided that they are NiMH rechargeables - there's one PP3 battery port, and various ports for AA, AAA, C, or D batteries ! Each individual battery on charge has its own indicator light - it's a pleasant change to have each AA and AAA battery being charged separately rather than in pairs, and the indicator light apparently warns if the battery is defective (although I haven't had one of those yet).
The charged batteries are fine - none of the AA, AA, or PP3 batteries I've charged in this unit has got hot, just very slightly warm: I haven't tried C or D batteries yet.
The AAs I've charged don't have a "standard" finish time, they seem to vary according to their (mAh) capacity, and how much they've been discharged - that's fine with me, it may be the "one time fits all" charging approach in some other chargers that has made the batteries hot in other chargers, but I'm just guessing.
This unit is just what I've been after for a while - this one from K Direct came in a retail blister pack.