5.0 out of 5 stars Now I can talk to my boyfriend about cricket
I am new to cricket and I read this every summer, remembering more each time. I also like What Is A Googly?: The Mysteries Of Cricket Explained and between the two of these books, I now know loads about the game. They cover some different things, but also the same things explained in different ways, including diagrams or not, so together they are very helpful.
Published 20 months ago by Lotli

2.0 out of 5 stars Charming but extremely basic
Published 21 months ago by JT

2.0 out of 5 stars Charming but extremely basic, 11 Jun. 2013
Ordered this looking for a recap of the basics of cricket and hopefully some background to extend my knowledge of the subject. The book is nicely written and fun to read, but was considerably shorter and more basic than I had expected - in his eagerness to make the book accessible I feel that the author has perhaps overdone it and produced something lacking any real depth. In fact I would venture to say that even a complete cricket novice wouldn't genuinely have more than a very basic appreciation of the game after reading this - very little content on the history of the game and its evolution, and barely anything on such topics as tactics, bowling styles, etc. Perhaps I was expecting too much from this book, but in my view it could do with a bit less padding and rather more length and depth.

I would only recommend this book for kids and those who are looking for a very basic understanding of the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I can talk to my boyfriend about cricket, 23 July 2013