5.0 out of 5 stars Good Guide For The Beginner
Published on 25 Feb 2011 by G. Green

3.0 out of 5 stars not everything
I had purchased Rugby Union for Dummies which is a great book but I wanted a bit more imformation and explaination of some of the rules. I was left a bit disappointed, its quite basic and not as good as the dummies book, so if you want to know the basics the dummies book is the one to get you started and then watch a few games on telly and then ask more imformed fans for...
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by les58

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Guide For The Beginner, 25 Feb 2011
G. Green - See all my reviews
I bought this book because my 12 year old son plays rugby for a local club. I had never taken much interest in the game before so needed something to help me understand what was happening on the pitch. The book only took a few hours to read from cover to cover but I am sure I will be referring to it again in the future. Now I understand the rules I actually enjoy watching the games a lot more. No more standing mystified by the touch line for me! I can now understand and talk about rugby confidently with some of the more knowledgeable parents. I agree with the previous reviewer that it does not contain everything about the game but it has given me a great introduction to the rules and rugby culture and helped me to enjoy watching my son play so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for Wannabe Armchair Fan, 1 April 2011
Brilliant & witty book to help basic understanding of the game. It won't help you become a ref, but it was perfect for me to appreciate the game from an almost non-existent understanding. Some very good gags thrown in for good measure.

If you're a footy fan tired of overpaid mercenaries masquerading as players & Rupert Murdock ripping the game from the working man, give this book and the sport of rugby a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars From novice to arm chair expert !, 4 April 2011
This is a great little book if you know nothing (or very little) about the laws of Rugby and want to understand what's going on during a game.

It enhanced my limited knowledge (from school boy Rugby) and I now find I can appreciate the game far more. The best use of the book was for my wife who didn't understand the rules at all but can now tell you what is going on for 90% of moves and breakdowns (even the most experienced arm chair fans have some difficulty following everything that happens).

Reading the book before the 6 nations made a real difference to our viewing pleasure. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others (and have done so already to friends and relatives).

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you ever wanted to know about Rugby, 16 Mar 2012
Very quick and efficient service. Having the book has helped my husband to become a very good armchair referee during the recent six nations championship!

5.0 out of 5 stars rugby, 17 April 2012
Book received promptly and securely
Very readable and guaranteed to improve understanding of even a casual watcher of the game

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Ms. D. A. Lewis "dl" (uk) - See all my reviews
Great

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite everything., 18 Jan 2014
Does what it says, well almost. The book is a very good introduction to the game of rugby. It explains the basics which is what it is intended to do, however, as with any book of this kind it leaves many questions unanswered. I enjoyed the humorous style of writing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Engaged!, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Rugby But Were too Afraid to Ask (Everything You Ever Wantd/Know) (Kindle Edition)
If you think yoiu know it all then you either don't understand rugby, or you're a referee!
Iain Macintosh does a great job of taking the reader through the fundamnetals in a way that covers more than you need for weekly enjoyment of the greatest sport on earth!

It's a real "pick & go!"

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Rugby But Were Too Afraid to... ask, 4 May 2013
Dr. J. Buchan (N.E. Scotland) - See all my reviews
the answer is in this elegant little tome {even if there is a slight bias towards 'South Scotlandshire' aka England!}

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, quite amusing, 4 May 2013
If you don't know much, or indeed anything, about the wonderful game that is Rugby Union, then this is for you! Informative, amusing, interesting, full of passion. The only downside is that it needs to be updated to cover the last 6 or 7 years of rugby history, and there could be less mentions of England's one and only World Cup win. The Aussies have won it several times, as have the Springboks - keep it neutral, please!!