Colour: Purple|Change

on 7 February 2014
I only just bought this yesterday and I am completely in love! I had a very heavy cold recently which morphed straight into a full blown sinus infection. I was blowing out thick green mucus (sorry for the deets!), and my left cheekbone was agony- it felt like someone had punched me in the face. Even putting makeup on my face hurt. I also felt very listless, tired and drained of all energy. This had been going on for the last 2 weeks. I debated going to the doctors to get anti biotics but I really didnt want to. Ive had to take them many times in the past for my sinuses and they make me feel awful. They mess my stomach up and I was just fed up of having to deal with the after effects of them. In desperation, I scoured amazon and found this. I admit, I was skeptical. At first glance, I thought it seemed like hippy woo woo nonsense. But I was desperate. It arrived yesterday lunchtime and I thought, well, Ive got nothing to lose by trying.

I used the scoop to put in the recommended amount of salt, then I added 4 drops of oregano oil (it has very powerful anti-microbial properties). I filled it up to the line with boiled, luke warm water. Then I leaned over the sink, tipped my head to the side and the water goes gently in one nostril and trickles out of the other one. You breathe through your mouth for the duration. It felt a bit strange but it wasnt painful or uncomfortable in any way. I did both nostrils and then completed the "blacksmiths bellows" exercise which is recommended in the instructions. Oh. My. God. The effect was incredible. It was like breathing pure, clean, fresh mountain air. My nose felt completely oxygenated and clear- it was almost like being on a high. I completely understand why people use this to achieve mental clarity! My cheekbones still hurt so I proceeded to use the nose buddy twice more that same day. I then went to bed. This morning, I woke up completely pain free. I have to admit, I am kind of in shock- I just cannot believe that something so simple could offer such relief. I still have some residual mucus but now its clear, instead of green. I used the nose buddy again this morning and will continue to do so until the mucus has completely cleared. I think I will also use this daily, as a preventative for future sinus problems. I am SO glad I didnt resort to anti biotics- this is one of the best purchases I have ever made. If you have sinus problems, please, please try this before you resort to anti biotics- you wont regret it :)
on 28 August 2013
I have been suffering from a blocked nose for around 7 years now, I had surgery on my sinuses approx. 5 years ago (they realigned the bone in my nose) but this only partially helped.

I am a sufferer of hay fever and react badly to dust constantly having a runny and itchy nose, have tried many nose sprays, tablets, etc and nothing has relieved me, they have benefited me slightly but I have never been able to breathe freely.

Using this once (initially slightly difficult to get the hang of it but fine once watching a youtube vid!), I instantly felt better. The saline solution took a little while to get through due to the blockage in my nose but once it got through and cleared the passageways, I finally remember what it was like to breathe freely!

I am so happy with the product, all the 5 star reviews are valid, it has finally cleared of me of blocked sinuses of which I have been suffering for nearly a decade now! Thank you neti pot!!

p.s. I notice when I refrain from dairy products, my nose also feels clearer (dairy products thicken mucus). I use the neti pot solution approx. once a week but it is fine to use more regularly if you need it.
on 11 April 2010
For those unfamiliar with the practice of neti it is a yogic form of nasal irrigation. A warm, isotonic solution of salty water is prepared in the pot and then poured in through one nostril, the water then comes out of the other nostril clearing the nasal passages. This is then repeated for the other side. The nostrils are then dried afterwards by some brisk breathing out and then in and out to allow air to dry the sinus areas. It is best if you learn from someone who already knows the practice but this pot makes it fairly easy to get the hang of. It can be used in the prevention of colds, snoring, headaches as well as leaving one feeling more clear headed and triggering energy points within the head area. Great after a day in the city air or to wake you up in the morning.

After trying various different neti pots over the years I have now found my favourite, the nosebuddy neti pot sold by the Scandinavian yoga and meditation school is a most fantastic neti pot. It is extremely easy to use, the measuring spoon for the salt and the line on the pot mean that you get the perfect isotonic solution for nasal cleansing everytime. The shape of the pot and the size (holding 500mls of saline fluid)is such that the pressure of the water is reasonable enough to get the nasal passages extremely clear leaving one feeling a new found clarity afterwards. Light and non breakable, easily portable it comes with me whenever I go away.

I would recommend this to beginners and more experienced neti practitioners.
Neti with this pot is something else!
Nosebuddy Neti Pot in BlueNosebuddy Neti Pot in Purple
66 comments|115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2014
I had never heard of a neti pot before, but then I had never had sinusitis either. Now I have heard of both and, while I hope to never experience the latter again, am a huge fan of the former.

Let me start by saying that this is bigger than I expected and also highly amusing in looks - so much so that it made it to my facebook page where it received various amusing comments, particularly with regards to its phallic spout! You fill it up with warm water and salt to form a saline solution, then hang your head over the sink, tilt your head to one side, and pour water up your nostril. If you haven't used this kind of product before then your first experience will be slightly hysterical... The water goes up one nostril and comes out the other. You have to be quite relaxed not to accidentally snort it because it's a very odd feeling - a bit like when you get water up your nose in the swimming pool and your sinuses kind of tingle.

Laughing fits aside though, I can't speak highly enough of the effectiveness. Using the pot really helped to ease the pain of my sinusitis and my nostrils have never felt so clear and clean before. I don't seem to reach for it much on a day-to-day basis, but I do pull it down from the cupboard when I have a cold or most any time my sinuses are playing up. It's a wonderful, refreshing experience and I quite enjoy using it. Highly recommended!
on 7 January 2012
After having antibiotics for sinusitis this winter, my husband and I were still left with residual catarrh and post nasal drip coughs. Usual steam inhalations etc wouldn't move it. In desperation I ordered a pot and within 24 hours of use we were both improving, after 3 days of use twice a day we are both amazed - no more snoring or coughing, we don't sound as if we've permanent pegs on our noses and we are waking up refreshed after a good night's sleep. We just can't believe the difference using this pot has made. It's weird when you first use the pot but if you have chronic sinusitis/rhinitis, give this a try.
on 5 June 2011
Very pleased with the nosebuddy, I bought it because I suffer from blocked sinuses, and after researching complimentary treatments I discovered the netipot. Very easy to use and I now use it every day and feel all the better for it. Not as disgusting to use as one would imagine.
on 23 June 2013
I love this! I have had three sinus infections this year which I have managed to fight off with vitamins and nose rinsing. The first few times using this were a little awkward and uncomfortable, but you get the hang of it quickly. Remember not to let the water go down your throat, it has to go out the other nostril. It is such an amazing feeling afterwards, so clean and fresh. There is nothing more natural than water and salt. Will never buy a spray in the chemist's again!
on 11 April 2011
My Neti pot has just arrived and I couldn't wait to try it as I've had a sinus problem that's been driving me mad for months now. It was very easy to do and I'm absolutely sold; I haven't felt so clear in a long time. This is definitely going to be part of my daily routine from now on. This is way better than any of the sinus sprays I've tried in the past and I'd recommend it to anyone.
on 3 April 2016
Not having used a neti pot before, I think my expectations had been raised too high by the reviews. For me, this product has not been life changing, it has not cited my chronic low-level congestion.

It's kind of fiddly, but it's not that weird an experience, if you're worried about that. Feels oddly natural. Add a drop, no more, of olbas oil and it feels lovely. The fresh, free breathing don't last that long though before you're back to normal.

It's also much bigger than I was expecting. I should have read the description better I guess. I was expecting something like the size of a salad dressing pourer, this is like a small watering can!

I'd recommend it, if you want one, but don't expect your world to change because of it.
on 11 May 2014
This was recommended by a friend who swears by them and which I thought was a crock of poo. Turns out she is right and I love this thing to bits. I use morning and night in hayfever season and haven't had to take any antihistamines since. I do use a saline eyebath for the itchy eyes but this netipot has stopped the trickling, miserable sneezing hell that is hayfever time.