5.0 out of 5 stars 120W Solar Panel
Published on 18 Jun. 2012 by SuzyQ

1.0 out of 5 stars This is sold as a kit but you still have ...
This is sold as a kit but you still have to buy the brackets and gland I would also say that alex suggestion of sticking the panel directly to the roof of my van did not appeal
Published 7 days ago by malc

5.0 out of 5 stars 120W Solar Panel, 18 Jun. 2012
SuzyQ "Sue" (Nottinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 120W Solar Panel Kit with 10A charge controller and wires - Complete kit for a 12V system e.g. in a Caravan, Boat or Outhouse (Electronics)
We have used this Solar Panel once and are delighted with it. We took it with us in our caravan for 10 days early this month in North Yorkshire. I know the rest of the UK had some pretty bad weather at the same time but we experienced everything you could think of except sun for 9 of those days! However, this panel kept our 12V battery topped up all the time regardless, so when you read or hear someone say the panels charge without the sun shining you can beleive it. It is heavy though and large (we have a fixed double bed in our van and it travelled on top tucked under the pillows & duvet), also you will need a stand to prop it up if you are not having it roof mounted. My husband made one with angle iron using the pre drilled holes in the panels frame to secure it. You can buy them but make sure you get one to fit as they come in various sizes. We were running all the usual 12V appliances that come with modern caravans these days but I will be looking into what other things I can get that run on 12V! It will be good not to have to pay for the electric hook up on sites, some of the per night charges are extortionate. It will give us the opportunity to look at lots of different sites now and stay away for as long as we like.

5.0 out of 5 stars So impressed with this I'm writing my first review!, 11 Sept. 2013
I bought this for my recent camper conversion and can't believe how much energy it provides.
Having decided at the last minute to get the panel before setting off camping in August, I threw the package in the back with the intention of installing on site. To summarise, it took about 30 minutes, including grip filling the panel to the roof and I am a DIY disaster. Admittedly, we did all get worried the first few times we hit the brakes knowing I had a large and heavy object on the roof, but so far so good..
I am running a low wattage electric fridge freezer, tv, lighting and various other smartphone chargers and stereos and so far, have never run out of power. Literally, I can be permanently off grid without a hook-up.
For the price, this is a bargain. I will never again have to hook-up my batteries to a charger via a extension lead out of the window of my house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome power, 11 Aug. 2012
A newbie caravaner so I thought I would try renewable energy as well. This panel is brilliant and provides lots of power even in low sun levels. It is quite large but that is down to me over spec'ing what I required so do your sums correctly.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star service, 10 Jun. 2013
I cannot recommend this company enough. The service I received from start to finish was acceptional. The product has been fitted.and is working well. The one email I sent to the supplier was answered quickly and helped me complete the installation without any problems at all. I would recommend this company to any one. Thank you for delivering more than a five star service. Paul.

5.0 out of 5 stars soloar panel & fixing kit, 22 July 2013
excellent product at a great price, easy to fit and works well, great delivery, would recommend you to anyone. thanks a lot.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is sold as a kit but you still have ..., 24 Jun. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars akt solar have been very helpful with a few questions ..., 8 Sept. 2014
akt solar have been very helpful with a few questions I had!! they even replied to an email I sent on a sunday!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Oct. 2014
Grate so pleased we ordered second panel

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug. 2014
very happy good job

5.0 out of 5 stars No hook up now not a problem, 18 May 2015
used it for first time and was away for 10 days and always kept battery fully charged - even on the rainy days. Two minor niggles are that no frames are supplied for free standing and the wiring to the control unit is a bit flimsy. A push in socket would be nice. I used 2 old aluminium door divides and screwed to side frames with self tap screws. This works ok for now. I'm not sure if I want to roof mount the unit because of the weight.