on 15 September 2011
I've received this laptop and have been playing with it for a good few hours and all I can say is wow. The performance is better than i expected on a shared graphics card, i've been playing a few games on it and watched a DVD and it is great. Battery life is also excellent at 7.10 hrs on the medium mode, and it will last up to 1000 charges which is 3x more than normal laptops.It is maybe a little to heavy for some people to move around all day, but for me its fine, feels very solid. The screen is also excellent. If you want a good laptop , which is solid and well built and is an excellent all rounder I can really recommend this laptop. Service from amazon has been great too. Will update when I've used it for a few months.

UPDATE : There seems to be a problem with the screen, there are green, blue and red pixel dots in the middle of the screen. Trying to fix the problem via Samsung U.K and Amazon. Will keep you updated on what happens. Also moved form 5 to 3 stars because of this.
55 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 November 2011
I love this notebook and take it everywhere I go it's especially nice to travel with not too heavy and helps greatly with weight restrictions when flying,I feel comfortable with the full size keys and rarely press 2 like I did on my last netbook.These Core i3 processors are awsome and push your bounds of expectations to the limit. The generous Ram and Hard drive works hard and comes up with everything I throw at it without a fault,I would have prefered a bigger hard drive but this pushed my budget too far,I went for this one because I have great faith in Samsungs build quality after owning a 3d tv by the same manufacturer and not had any problem with it.Loaded with windows 7 pro. I expected it to be good and it isn't it's Excellent, this is by far the best pc I have the pleasure of using and it is a pleasure because it does what it says on the tin and doesn't set fire to my trouser like most laptops do, it never gets even warm. I thoughrally recommend this notebook to anyone who demands the best and at the price from Amazon it' a snip.
on 21 April 2012
It's a nice Laptop,

Although it has a plastic chassis it makes a nice and sturdy impression. The battery last for about 5 hours office work and you could easily watch a DVD. The multitouch mousepad is working quite good. Trackpoint is also very nice, I had to get accustomed first to it as I had a thinkpad before it, but it works perfectly and you can tab the trackpoint and use it as a left click mouse. The keyboard is nice to use, i reckon I could write on it all day without being annoyed by it.
The anti gloss screen is nice and bright, although the viewing angle (when moving the lid) is not very good compared to some glossy screen and compared to my 7 year old IBM thinkpad ant glossy screen. Unfortunately the colours look pale to compared to a LCD TV and even to my old thinkpad.
The build in Webcam is ok, not spectacular, it has problems to get an reasonable picture when it's dark. The build in microphone works fine under windows (a bit quite though) but so far I can't get is really to work in skype...(I googled it and it seems to a common issue with this realtek mics). But I guess with the right adjustments it would be fine.
I'm not a gamer so I can't tell much about the graphics. Hd videos work perfectly and I never had to wait for long loading time with this laptop.
I very happy and on top of it I got a 5 years warranty on top.
I think it is a good deal for the money!
on 8 February 2012
Good quality, does what the manufacturur says it should do. Has encription facility already loaded which is very useful. I have marked it down due to the Finger Print Recognition not working very well and the Sound System is not the quality I was expecting from reading the reviews. I have bought a Philip's Notebook Sound Bar to counter that - wonderful!
on 16 February 2012
First one arrived. Failed pixel. Swapped by Amazon super service. Next one the LCD failed after a few hours giving a green/pink screen. Amazon refunded me. Amazon were excellent, laptop was poor. I researched a lot for this one and paid a lot. Screen seems to have been a weakpoint twice. I could not recommend it for those reasons.