5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Fermentation Pot
Published on 14 Aug. 2012 by Sal Mander

3.0 out of 5 stars The pot is fine and lovely, but you just don't need it for making sauerkraut
The pot itself is fine, but you just don't need it, unless you make a very big amount of sauerkraut very often. Otherwise you could just use a glass jar and something heavy to keep the sauerkraut under water. I was stupid enough to think that this is something special. It's just a huge jar, nothing else, with clay weights to keep the sauerkraut under water. Now I have...
Published 6 months ago by KR

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Fermentation Pot, 14 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Very glad I purchased from this seller, excellent service and communication. I had been meaning to purchase a German crock pot for some time now as my attempts at fermentation in jars etc have often ended in the contents being thrown into the garden waste bin. My first batch of fermented sauerkraut/kimchi mix in my new Crock Pot have exceeded my expectation and I feel the quality is excellent as my sensitive digestion is not giving me any problems at all. I did add some veggie probiotic bacteria mix in capsules that had a variety of bacteria in it and I feel this has not only added to the quality but speeded up the fermentation process. Before using the pot I made sure to simmer the clay stones in water/vinegar, then leave in the oven for half hour and then leave to cool down slowly, so I had no mould problem at all and started my second batch as soon as I emptied my first fermented batch out of the pot. This food is now my absolute staple, I eat it morning, noon and evening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
A number of years ago I tried saurkraut in Sweden. It was WONDERFUL. Since then I have purchased it in jars from various place and to be frank, it has put me in mind of how chewing on an old sweaty sock might taste should one decide to do such a thing. I've never been able to recreate the flavour.....until now.

This is a very heavy jar and it arrived well packaged with no damage direct from germany.

A google search will throw up numerous recipes and you can begin producing your own saurkraut full of beneficial cultures. Very tasty and nothing like you would buy from the supermarket and because it has the lip for the water to create a seal, the risk of mold is reduced. Our first batch was ready to eat after about 9/10 days, with no contamination.

Quality product, should have many years of use out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to make sauerkraut and fermented veg!, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
The classic fermentation pot. Easy to clean. Easy to pack with tasty shredded veg ready for fermentation. Comes complete with 2 pottery stones to weigh veg down under your brine. Has a channel in the lid for adding water to really ensure an air-tight seal.

Great communication with seller. Can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Great design and easy to use. Good fermentation results. I would recommend this as a worthwhile buy. It has been made specifically to be light to carry and also chemical free clay. Perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Oct. 2013
jamesuj (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
This was really nice and sturdy, far more robust than I thought it would be. Should make making Kraut very easy. Only downside is the directions and everything are in German only. So still trying to get things translated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., 5 Aug. 2014
Gerard Maher (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Arrived in good condition. Very well made and my first batch of sauerkraut came out beautiful. Only downside was the 'inner stone' weight broke very easily. Other than that it is a quality product which should last for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with purchase!, 1 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Item arrived very quickly for an international order. The packaging was impressive, very secure box with plenty of protective padding.
The crock is well made and the perfect size for my needs. I particularly like the white/cream colour of the crock, much nicer than the boring brown version.
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 July 2013
E. J. Gregory "erica3595" (Ewell, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
perfectly fit for the job - care needed as it is heavy - very good serviice as well -lovely sauerkraut

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pot! If I were to suggest improvements to ..., 4 April 2015
N. Skelton "merx27" (Gloucester uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Great pot! If I were to suggest improvements to it, it would be for a larger 'moat' for the air seal as, even in cold weather, mine seems to have evaporated relatively quickly and required weekly topping up. I would also prefer denser 'stones' because the fermentation bubbles lifted the cabbage and stones above the brine level - but another weight on top works fine. I bought the 10 litre (bucket size) but would choose a 5 litre if there is a next time so I could make more varieties of kimchi and sauerkraut for the limits of my storage capability. Having said that, I am very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift, 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Wasn't sure what to expect as have never seen or owned a fermentation pot but wanted to give this to a friend who had been talking about making their own sauerkraut for health reasons. It certainly is a good size and heavy! The weights are also quite substantial. Overall from the recipient's reaction, I'd say this is probably a good buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›