5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Fermentation Pot, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Very glad I purchased from this seller, excellent service and communication. I had been meaning to purchase a German crock pot for some time now as my attempts at fermentation in jars etc have often ended in the contents being thrown into the garden waste bin. My first batch of fermented sauerkraut/kimchi mix in my new Crock Pot have exceeded my expectation and I feel the quality is excellent as my sensitive digestion is not giving me any problems at all. I did add some veggie probiotic bacteria mix in capsules that had a variety of bacteria in it and I feel this has not only added to the quality but speeded up the fermentation process. Before using the pot I made sure to simmer the clay stones in water/vinegar, then leave in the oven for half hour and then leave to cool down slowly, so I had no mould problem at all and started my second batch as soon as I emptied my first fermented batch out of the pot. This food is now my absolute staple, I eat it morning, noon and evening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
A number of years ago I tried saurkraut in Sweden. It was WONDERFUL. Since then I have purchased it in jars from various place and to be frank, it has put me in mind of how chewing on an old sweaty sock might taste should one decide to do such a thing. I've never been able to recreate the flavour.....until now.

This is a very heavy jar and it arrived well packaged with no damage direct from germany.

A google search will throw up numerous recipes and you can begin producing your own saurkraut full of beneficial cultures. Very tasty and nothing like you would buy from the supermarket and because it has the lip for the water to create a seal, the risk of mold is reduced. Our first batch was ready to eat after about 9/10 days, with no contamination.

Quality product, should have many years of use out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to make sauerkraut and fermented veg!, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
The classic fermentation pot. Easy to clean. Easy to pack with tasty shredded veg ready for fermentation. Comes complete with 2 pottery stones to weigh veg down under your brine. Has a channel in the lid for adding water to really ensure an air-tight seal.

Great communication with seller. Can't go wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Great design and easy to use. Good fermentation results. I would recommend this as a worthwhile buy. It has been made specifically to be light to carry and also chemical free clay. Perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with purchase!, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Item arrived very quickly for an international order. The packaging was impressive, very secure box with plenty of protective padding.
The crock is well made and the perfect size for my needs. I particularly like the white/cream colour of the crock, much nicer than the boring brown version.
Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
This was really nice and sturdy, far more robust than I thought it would be. Should make making Kraut very easy. Only downside is the directions and everything are in German only. So still trying to get things translated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 July 2013
E. J. Gregory "erica3595" (Ewell, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
perfectly fit for the job - care needed as it is heavy - very good serviice as well -lovely sauerkraut

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Arrived well ahead of the expected date of delivery. Just the right size for my needs, although I will need to do some experimentation during my first few efforts, I imagine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sauerkraut Pot, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany
Substantial, solid, straightforward piece of pottery, good value. It will last forever in the right hands, and produce healthy food.

Fermentation Sauerkraut Pot 5L Germany