5.0 out of 5 stars Gartopf sauerkraut crock 10Lt, 20 Mar 2013
S. Murray (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fermentation crock Sauerkraut pot 10 Lt. from Germany (Kitchen & Home)
The pot works brilliantly as we can make a large batch in one go to last us.
We emailed MS-Steinzeugwaren and he sent us the english recipes and instructions the same day. Yes, shame they did not come with the pot only the german version.

It all come very well packed in a very large box in 10 days much quicker than told.
We have made 2x 3 Ltr of fermented cabbage for a few years in 2 jars. So we are looking forward to one big large batch which is already fermenting in our 10Ltr Gartopf.

5.0 out of 5 stars feedback, 15 Oct 2012
The crock is fine - loverly in fact and works as described - the only difficulty was that although it said it came with English instrucions it did not - this ment that it was only later after reading a book about wild fermentation that I realised how the amazing moat works around the top - this small thing would make all the difference. Have made and eatted one lot and am on to my second.
C

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 12 Jun 2013
If you love sauerkraut, and you want to make your own, get one these. It is a most beautifully made piece of kitchen equipment, simple and perfectly suited to the job. The water seal around the lid is great. It means that the fermenting cabbage stays clean and fresh. When I had tried to make sauerkraut before the cabbage got an unwelcome bloom on it, and I had to bin it. So if you are sold on the taste and health benefits of sauerkraut, try making your own with this crock. It tastes superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 1 Jun 2013
We've just done our first sauerkraut and it is really tasty. This crock did exactely what it was supposed to do and it is really good quality product. It was well packed and arrived all in one piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality. Cheaper on their European Site., 28 Dec 2013
D. S. Trees - See all my reviews
This unit is good quality. As described. Nicely made and boy do they package it well. It is heavy, I mean real heavy and would make loads of Kraut. We haven't used ours yet as we bought it so we have it when we move abroad. So for me the unit is as described. The comms from the supplier were great even though English isn't his first language. We are very happy with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sauerkraut is a traditional Polish specialty so buying the crock ..., 26 Nov 2013
Sauerkraut is a traditional Polish specialty so buying the crock I knew what I was getting. It is not my first crock. This is a very helpful "tool" if you care about what you eat and disagree with the policy of putting all sort of preservatives in our shop-bought food.

Fermentation crock Sauerkraut pot 10 Lt. from Germany