3,807 Reviews
 (2,907)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Amie C

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
Its a good idea but a little tricky to use if you are planning on buying one for use with a Kindle
Published 6 months ago by David

1.0 out of 5 stars Big let down, 27 Nov 2012
How can you have to wait for a gift certificate order over two weeks ago and still not been sent out a big let down by amazon don't bother with these if you need them ASAP

1.0 out of 5 stars Late, 10 Oct 2012
Not sure why this item is 'guaranteed delivery'. It arrived a day later than the 'guaranteed' date, a bit useless really as I based my purchasing decision around this. I'd rather it gave a realistic delivery estimate so that I could have saved myself some hassle.

You can get amazon vouchers in some high street shops, so if you need your voucher by a certain time, save yourself the hassle and buy it in store.

1.0 out of 5 stars Why are the designs so limited for 15, 1 Dec 2012
Nigel Heather (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Can Amazon please explain why the designs are so limited if I select the 15 amount. If I select any other amount I have a choice of all 9 designs but if I select 15 I just get a choice of 4 of the designs.

And in this particular case, the card is a Christmas present so Amazon allow me to choose between two birthday, 1 congratulations and one Thank You designs.

So basically, I had to order a Thank You card and throw it away on reciept and stick it in the Christmas Card of my choice.

Gets the job done, but rather pathetic on Amazon's part and not very environmentally friendly.

They should have an option just to send the plastic card on it's own if they are not prepared to make the designs available for one particular value.

Nigel

1.0 out of 5 stars One day delivery, 15 Sep 2012
Kalman - See all my reviews
Don't order gift card if you really want for the next day, I placed two gift card orders during the last week and both of the times it did not arrive by guaranteed delivery date. Very poor amazon service (they used both of the times royal mail service). Customer service is only able to say sorry and they told me that I should wait up to one week for delivery (which is acceptable if the delivery service is economy but they offer next day's one...)

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal present for that person who is hard to buy for, 10 Dec 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Trying to purchase a gift for one particular friend is always more of a headache than a pleasure. She is one of those people who seems to already have everything that I could possibly think of buying for her. She is also very particular and despite putting on a great show of being pleased I always end up cringing just a little as I realise I have gotten it wrong yet again.

Like myself, my friend buys so many of her things from Amazon so I decided to take what some might see as the `easy option' and buy her an Amazon gift voucher. That way I can't get it wrong and she can buy exactly what it is that she wants.

I chose the gold Amazon boxes card as it looked very Christmassy and the image reminded me of presents exploding from a box. There are a range of other designs that you can choose from, all look equally as nice.

It is easy to choose the value of money that you wish to spend with the following values currently available: 10, 20, 25, 30, 50, 100 and 500.
When you get to the checkout you can indicate that this is to be a gift and it gives you the option to write in your own personal message.

The card and envelope were sealed into an outer envelope which had a perforated seal and the Amazon logo in the top right-hand corner. You can give it just like this but I wanted to check that everything inside was ok. On opening the envelope there was the gift card I had chosen and a white envelope to be used with the card. On opening the card both of the inside faces were left blank with plenty of room for you to hand write your own personal message.

The gift voucher itself was stuck to the inside of the card with that clear non tacky glue which makes it easy to remove without damaging the actual card itself. The voucher is credit card in size, plain black with a large white a and the gold Amazon smiley arrow underneath. The value of the voucher is printed in the top left-hand corner so the recipient can instantly see the value. There is a small typed note underneath which says `see reverse for redemption instructions'.

On the back of the card there are very clear step-by-step instructions telling the recipient how to redeem their voucher. After having received one of these for my birthday the process is very straightforward and I didn't experience any problem claiming the value of the voucher.

The only thing that I was disappointed with was the personalised note that I had written on ordering the voucher. I thought it might be printed inside the card or come on a nice piece of card so that I could pop it in with the actual gift voucher. Instead it was loose inside the packing envelope with the packing slip and some money off vouchers, I missed it the first time. It was printed on a piece of flimsy paper - the same as the packing slip. The Amazon logo was double the size of my message and dominated it. The message itself looked nothing special and I don't think I'm going to bother including it with the actual card. Instead I will handwrite my own greeting. A nice idea from Amazon but it was a disappointment.

Overall, I think these gift vouchers are an ideal present for anyone who loves buying goods from Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Guaranteed next day delivery, 26 Jun 2012
Obviously no quibble about the gift voucher but disgusted at Amazon's response to my enquiry regarding non-receipt to advise they CANNOT GUARANTEE there GUARANTEED NEXT DAY DELIVERY!! Wanted me to wait a week from order date to report non-receipt advising I had to understandably wait a reasonable amount of time to allow for delivery!! This was obviously a gift and took 6 days to arrive!!! Review relates to Customer Service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived very quickly although no personal message!, 22 Nov 2011
I have to agree with some of the other feedback on this product but disagree with others.

I read the reviews saying it took a while to arrive however i wanted it for Christmas so wasn't to bothered about a slight delay but was pleasantly surprised when it came the next day.

I also read the reviews about being charged postage and was very careful at checkout to select the right postage option as the default was not the one that gave you free postage and luckily i was not charged a penny for postage.

I have bought give vouchers before and usually use the e-mail option but i much prefer this. The Chirstmas card is lovely and although the personal message wasn't there you ahve a lovely card in which to write your own personal message.

I think this is great and a lot better looking than the e-mail and you get a free card to present to the person of your choice.

The reason it didn't get 5 starts was because of the personal message, why advertise it when it's not there. I think this function should just be removed.

5.0 out of 5 stars gift cert was perfect, 22 Oct 2011
While living in the US for now, I sent an Amazon co.uk gift cert to my granddaughter in Wales and used their overnight delivery option. It worked perfectly: it was delivered the next day and they even put it through the door's mail slot when no one was home to sign!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and accurate, 28 Sep 2011
R. Hibben "Knight365" (West Wales UK) - See all my reviews
I was most impressed with the ease of ordering this item. The speed with which my order was processed and shipped was indeed excellent. I had left ordering a little late for a birthday this week, but I need not have worried. Thank you Amazon!

Regards

Roger Hibben

4.0 out of 5 stars No Message on Gift Card, 27 Sep 2011
The gift card arrived next day, very pleased, but the card had no message on it which is disappointing when time has been taken to type one, if I had sent it direct the recipient wouldn't have had a clue who it was from.

ARRAY(0xa335c834)

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - 20 (Amazon Boxes)
20.00