4.7 out of 5 stars14,008
Denomination: 10|Design Name: Amazon Boxes|Change

on 22 September 2011
This is my first gift card I have purchased and it went really well. I was due to buy a birthday present for my sister but just couldn't think of anything she could make real use of.

So instead I opted to buy her an Amazon gift voucher with the added bonus of a card. Unlike your run of the mill high street gift voucher, the Amazon gift card provides a massive choice of products ranging from virtually anything, without the restriction of high street products.

Simply place the long string of code on the back of the gift card (that looks like a credit card) at the checkout on Amazon and you'll get credited for the amount you paid on the card. Whatever value you've added on the card, you won't be charged a penny more. You will also get your gift card sent to you with free delivery.

The gift card is stuck in a birthday style card so you only need to write a message in the card and on the white envelope the card comes in.

If you've run out of ideas for a gift then let them buy something they really want with an Amazon Gift Card. This will be my choice from now on.
44 comments|416 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a brilliant way to send a gift that will almost certainly be more than acceptable to the
recipient
Specify the date you want them to receive it and it will be either delivered to their door on the
day (with a chosen card from the range available) or indeed appear on their e-mail....ready to spend
without fuss.(obviously with a great range of products to choose from)
on 1 December 2011
This was quickly delivered today from yesterday, however I had to stay in the house all day just to wait for this delivery as it needed a "signature".
I was told the latest they will be delivered would be at 3pm.
I did not hear a knock until I found this parcel through my letterbox and checked with the tracking site to see how long ago this was delivered (just before 3pm).
What a waste of my day!
Opened the parcel up to get the card out and see what and how they wrote the Gift Note in, as I've requested for one.
I was disappointed with this as I was expected the note to be written inside the gift card, not on some piece of paper on a packing slip outside the envelope with a card and gift voucher inside!

Don't bother writing a Gift Note for this or any Gift cards on here - just order it as everything else is fine - then you can write a note yourself in a card.
It would be better if they mentioned where they are going to put the note in.
44 comments|103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2011
Gift card came day after ordering - thought service was excellent and just as promised. I was extremely happy with design and look of product.
I have a couple of nephews and nieces at University and they cry out for vouchers or gift cards at Christmas. It is a lazy way of doing your Christmas shopping and takes no effort but; you're giving the recipient a huge choice of products they wouldn't have with a standard store gift card and that's why I use them. Just be careful as Christmas draws near and Amazon are swamped. You could face delays. I usually order well before Christmas and select a delivery date for a week or two prior to the 25th just to be on the safe side.Ordering couldn't be easier and if you prefer; have the gift card delivered to your own address, way before Christmas, and deliver it yourself nearer the time. Makes the gift giving much more personal. I've never known anyone be disappointed to receive an Am. gift card. Used them for years and will continue to do so. Recommended.
on 23 September 2014
Do not trust Amazon to deliver a birthday card/ gift card on time for someone's birthday.

I ordered one on Thursday for someone's birthday on the following Saturday. I asked for one-day delivery and received an email later on Thursday to say the card had been dispatched.

I assumed that the card had been delivered until I received an email on Tuesday (three days after the birthday) saying it was "being delivered today". There was no apology for the delay and the email was worded as though it was being delivered to my address. When I went to track the order, I found that it had been delivered to the wrong depot on Friday but Amazon had not informed me of this at the time. If they had, I could have made other arrangements (i.e. posting a card myself).

I rang Amazon but all they could suggest was I cancel the order. I explained that it was too late to do that and I made clear my dissatisfaction with their "service".The person I spoke made the usual profound apologies and said they would address these issues.

Incredibly, I then received an email from them timed at 19.02 informing me that they had "tried but failed to deliver my order today".
I rang them and the person I spoke to said it could not be posted through the letterbox at the recipient's address because "no one was in to give them permission"(sic), I explained that nowhere on their Gift Card page was it explained that someone had to be in to take delivery and also pointed out the difficulty of ensuring this when delivery was to a third party. All they could do was to apologise again.

To add insult to injury, when I looked again at the tracking information, I found that they were now claiming that the delivery had been rescheduled for later in the week "at the sender's request!!!!
0Comment|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2012
I ordered 10 X £25 Vouchers and they all came by recorded delivery the NEXT DAY.

Everyone's reviews have been really helpful.

For example, I read that the Gift note was useless so I didn't bother adding any.
Its more personal to write it myself anyway...

Then, I realised it was NEXT DAY recorded delivery, so I had to wait in for it,
so I ordered it the day before a day which I knew I would be in.

The Delivery is good.
They sent me a text in the morning to give a 2 hour time slow as to when the vouchers would arrived.
I didn't take the chance though and was in all day anyway...

so Overall, 5 Stars..
My Uncle is getting harder and harder to buy for each year for his Birthday and especially now that he has a Kindle as it's impossible for my Aunty to have a 'spy' to see what books he has already got as the bookshelves are growing increasingly empty! As my Aunty hasn't got a clue how to search through his Kindle to see what he has and I really couldn't think of anything else to get him I resorted to buying a gift card which he was made up with. The card came the next day due to me being a prime member and in plenty of time for my Uncle's birthday. Plus the gift card came in a little card you could write in along with envelope so very pleased and shall definitely be purchasing another for him for Christmas!
on 22 November 2011
I have to agree with some of the other feedback on this product but disagree with others.

I read the reviews saying it took a while to arrive however i wanted it for Christmas so wasn't to bothered about a slight delay but was pleasantly surprised when it came the next day.

I also read the reviews about being charged postage and was very careful at checkout to select the right postage option as the default was not the one that gave you free postage and luckily i was not charged a penny for postage.

I have bought give vouchers before and usually use the e-mail option but i much prefer this. The Chirstmas card is lovely and although the personal message wasn't there you ahve a lovely card in which to write your own personal message.

I think this is great and a lot better looking than the e-mail and you get a free card to present to the person of your choice.

The reason it didn't get 5 starts was because of the personal message, why advertise it when it's not there. I think this function should just be removed.
on 20 December 2013
Not sure how you rate a gift card, is what it is. Tremendous delivery speed & ideal when you don't know what to buy someone - can't go wrong with Amazon