Format: Kindle EditionChange

on 24 January 2012
This short story is fast paced, light hearted, sexy and more or less believable.

The two romantic leads are likeable, except for one having no backbone, and the sex they have is steaming and also kind of sweet.
The confrontation with the mean, arrogant fiancée is not entirely believable nor entirely well executed but I guess opinions might differ on this specific topic.
Setting and characterization could have been deeper and more detailed but what what is there is enough to grant a quick, easy fun.

I shall not be rereading this but after all I did not pay for it so I guess we are even.
I liked this short read - it moved fast, made no apologies and seemed realistic. I liked the showdown with the girlfriend, and totally understood Jeff's situation, but Kurt stole the show.

For him to offer to be what Jeff needed him to be, and to lay his feelings down so clearly was sweet and romantic. I didn't hate Jeff for kind of wanting to have his cake and eating it, but the ultimate showdown at the engagement party was kind of cheesy, like riding off into the sunset in a cheesy romantic movie.

Not a Keeper, but great for a one-off read. It ended with a HEA for the couple I was rooting for.