5.0 out of 5 stars Prezzy
My wife bought this for christmas for me I^m 62, it knocks years off you its brilliant.I wish I had one when I was younger.
Published 23 months ago by mike cumbria

3.0 out of 5 stars Scalextric C1275
Scalextric still have a problem with track connections . Surely after their long history they could come up with a better system . This was a present for a child and can be infuriating when track connections are not good .
Published 7 months ago by dissatisfied

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Prezzy, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Scalextric Digital C1275 Race Line 1:32 Scale Race Set (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Jan 2012
G. Russell-lanning (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased this set Scalextric Digital C1275 Race Line 1:32 Scale Race Set , as a Christmas present, for my 9 year old son. Went the digital route because of the potential added fun of being able to run more than 2 cars at once. It has provided not only my son with a lot of pleasure but also fun for my daughter (11) and me. A third car has since been purchased, which means lots of racing for all 3 of us. At a pre Christmas price of at £150 it was a lot of money but I suspect well worth it as it should provide pleasure for some time to come.

It is worth noting that the cars have been involved in numerous accidents and bits (such as wing mirrors) have inevitably been broken off. And with so much use the cars need regular cleaning to remove carpet lint.

Overall though an excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is there anything finer than Scalextric?!, 6 Jun 2012
J. Ward "Jay Ward" (Bonn, Germany) - See all my reviews
Bought this set for my son's 5th Birthday and it was the best thing I could have done. My son's face lit up when he opened the package and he has barely stopped playing it since.

A few words of caution on the Digital vs normal set. Do note that the number of digital ready cars is relatively low. Many of the cars are digital plug ready but that does mean you will need to but an adapter for them and they are not that cheap (though easily available on Amazon).

In terms of track, most of the track sets are compatible, but the sets that include a ramp jump are apparently not compatible with Digital which is a pity but hardly a deal breaker. The fact that you can change lanes back and forth adds a great extra dimension and was what sold me on the digital set which I do not regret.

Overall, a great buy and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars scalextric c1275, 10 Jan 2014
great toy for kids of all ages, digital controls make use a lot more versatile than i remember when i was younger. on your marks.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Digital race line set., 30 Jan 2014
This was a Christmas present for my ten year old son. He loves it and the fact that you can race more than one car at a time. So happy son, Dad and friends!

4.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 12 Jan 2014
Very good fun, expensive but great for the children they have had hours of fun. Still not back in the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item, 25 Dec 2013
I have always been a scalextrix fun, and this new digital serie is amazing. Everything is under control and it is really resistant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Toy EVER!!, 21 Dec 2013
The Strudwick "book rook" (woodford green, essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
We had such a fantastic Christmas with this set - even inspired us to make a video see it here [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Old fashion delight with a digital twist., 25 Dec 2012
Get your kids off the screens and into playing a real game. The kids think its great and so do I.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, a great toy., 31 Dec 2013
Bought this for my new-born grandson (it is his really!) and the quality of this set and the performance of the cars easily met his (my) expectations. The track fitted together very easily and is simple to take down. The speed controllers work extremely well with both the braking and lane changing functions are well thought out and add an extra dimension to racing meaning that the digital option is a must. The cars are well made and stick to the track unless driven too recklessly.
If you don't want to make a figure of eight circuit to make things fairer then purchase a pack of cross-over tracks. Using just one means that the length of the circuit is effectively doubled and each car has to travel twice the distance to reach its start point unless you change lanes.
Additional track can be bought direct from Scalextrix or from a number of suppliers and is reasonably priced. I am sure that lap counters and timers will be added to future birthday and Christmas lists.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›