5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound
After trying a couple of other disappointing speakers I came to this after seeing one of my clients owning one.
It is nicely designed and built, feeling very sturdy being made out of aluminium. I would class it as a premier designer product.

Published on 2 Feb. 2012 by Andrew Marson

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, some problems
Published 13 months ago by Christopher Patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, 2 Feb. 2012
Andrew Marson "marsonpee" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Edifier Sound To Go All-in-one USB Micro Speaker System (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)

The sound from this unit isn't going to blow your windows, shake the earth or provide gut wrenching levels of bass, and why would it? let's be realistic (which a lot of people aren't when shopping for sound bars and small speakers and end up being disappointed with the bass)
It does however give a nice crisp sound and goes surprisingly loud. (I usually have it on 20%) Enough for filling my kitchen with music, or bedroom when watching online tv on my netbook.

I read a lot of reviews where people mentioned the volume control being annoying etc, but I find it nice.It again is made from metal.Simply tap the button and the volume increases a notch. Hold it down and the sound starts to fade down. Simple.

The sound quality from external devices is good too. Also you don't have to plug this into a pc to use it, you can use a Genuine Apple A1299 MB706B/A USB Power Adapter which powers it so can be used with ipod on its own.

I cannot comment on longevity of the product, but a 2 yr guarantee on it is a good thing.

Edit: after 3 weeks of it upgraded from 4 to 5 star. Such a handy little speaker system, I just grab it when away from my main system I hook pc upto and still have lovely sound. Great for netflix movies in bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super sound, well made product, 28 Jun. 2012
I bought this speaker as yet another replacement for ones which, quite frankly, shouldn't be sold to an unsuspecting public. This speaker is nicely designed, very well built and easy to set up (fit cable(s) and plug in). OK, so you don't expect the sound output or control of a full-blown sound system but, bearing in mind this is for portable use, I've been far more impressed than I'd have believed and its far better, especially with its ability to increase volume to a level way beyond the capabilities of a laptop, than any I've used before (and, believe me, I've tried more than a few). In the short time I've had it, I've not only used it for personal music playing but also for a presentation to a group of 19 people ... with no mumbling gripes like 'I can't hear it clearly'. One VERY minor observation is that the supplied carry bag, although also well made, should, in all honesty, be a little more spacious as it's difficult (in fact, impossible after a drink or two) to slip the cables inside as well as the speaker. If you're considering this device, don't prevaricate: cast all doubts aside and buy it; I feel sure you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 8 May 2012
I'm not deaf but my hearing isn't brilliant. I wanted some speakers of reasonable quality but compact enough to be practical with a netbook.

This item fits the bill. I control the volume through the computer and that's ideal for me. It's probably not the thing for music lovers who are looking for concert hall performance but it brings the computer up to the same standard as a decent radio.

It seems well-made. The case is a sturdy 'V' shaped metal channel and it has a velvety sleeve to protect the finish. I've not had it long so I can't comment on reliability.

I ordered with super saver delivery during a Bank Holiday weekend but it was still here before 8am on the first morning after the holiday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear, 15 July 2012
This product provides clear sound, much better than standard Laptop speakers. Not a great deal of bass, but fine as a boost for your laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality product, 20 Feb. 2012
Surprisingly heavy - but that is fully representative of the quality feel to the product. Makes watching movies on my laptop a far richer experience. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great speaker, 15 Feb. 2012
Just what I was looking for. Easy to carry, unobtrusive, and effective speaker for laptop with good sound and volume good product and service

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 25 Mar. 2014
Great quality sound. I can now listen to music on my laptop and movies sound great, what a difference! Well recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Laptop Speaker, 19 Mar. 2014
Edifier make great speakers and the build quality is always superb and this is no different. Great portable speaker for your laptop with good sound and can be powered from the USB port. Marked down one star just because the bass is lacking a bit but fully understandable considering the small form factor. Recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, some problems, 3 Feb. 2014
This item was advertised as having damaged packaging, which indeed it had. It arrived minus the (supposedly included) USB lead and with a very stiff volume control. I contacted the vendor, who immediately sent an appropriate lead and, to be fair, has offered to take back the soundbar because of the stiff volume control. I have managed to turn the volume up to maximum using a rubber band twisted around the volume control, and then drop the sound level using software.

The sound quality is excellent, remarkable for such a small item, and as it doesn't need a separate power supply it's a really clever piece of kit that has reduced the number of leads cluttering my desk top.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little sound bar., 6 Oct. 2013
Needed something for an application at work - requiring some amplified sounds from a vehicle mounted PC - all without modifying the standard vehicle. This thing tucked very neatly into the windscreen out of the way and perfect sound came out.

Great!