4.0 out of 5 stars More than just a scientific genius...
Albert Einstein will always be remembered as one of the great minds of our time. But not too many people think of him as a great societal thinker as well. Albert delves into many touchy subjects in this book (having grown up during the most devastating era mankind has ever known).
The one downside to this book is that there are a few (only a few) passages where...
Published on 17 Dec 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS!!!
I didn't actually buy or read this book, so why am I telling you not buy this? Because I noticed that this book is actually just a short version of a different book, called "Ideas and Opinions". Ideas and opinions is about twice as long as this one, and it has all the material that this book has (and more).

So if you want to know about Albert Einstein, the man,...
Published 10 months ago by Elias Jarvinen

4.0 out of 5 stars In Admiration, 17 April 2014
This review is from: The World as I See it (Paperback)
Einstein's thought process is often overlooked, and yet it is critical to fully appreciating (the scale of) his contribution.

Perhaps this is because today we are drowning in reductionist science, and those set on pedestals (or wheelchairs) are minds without a higher process, only a more complex web of intellect (without he wisdom to match)?

Either way, for any student of Einstein this short book offers a glimpse into the personality behind the liberating (re)discoveries he made, and is but a humble publication - and in so being quite apt because in making himself humble, so much was revealed to the Great Albert Einstein.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Dec 2013
Excellent product, service, best price and super fast delivery! Highly recommend Seller and will shop here again, Thank You :)

3.0 out of 5 stars ... I would have paid for it but I am glad I have read it I learnt quite a bit ..., 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: The World As I See It (Kindle Edition)
Some very interesting aspects He did and discussed far more than I ever realised Not sure I would have paid for it but I am glad I have read it I learnt quite a bit more than I knew before

5.0 out of 5 stars The dated but elegant writing style is a model of clarity., 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: The World As I See It (Kindle Edition)
The master at work. As he has often said, he is a physicist and not a mathematician and his discourses show this in this shortish book. Even if you think you know the subject well, his way of "getting there" is reward in itself. If only modern bankers thought things through in this way.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book! Love it, 4 Aug 2014
Great book! Love it! Gives a good (although brief) and very interesting insight of Einstein's thoughts and views about different issues of the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and clever read, 24 Jun 2013
Mrs. B. Preston "beverleyboo" (warrington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The World As I See It (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book.,Einstein is a lucid and thoughtful thinker. If only he were with us today his wisdom is sorely missed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book to read, especially if intrested in Einstein, 10 April 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The World As I See It (Paperback)
This book was a really interesting to read because I've never read any letters Albert had written, and it tells about events in his life you wouldn't ordinarily know. The only problem for me was the book didn't quite grab my attention in some parts very well. But other than that I loved the cover and the book, I would definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading . . ., 19 Jan 2010
Tim Stewart (Humberston, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The World as I See it (Paperback)
by anyone. No mathematics. This shows a very interesting side, to someone who would rather we did less of what we do, and more of what we should do!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: The World as I See it (Paperback)
I bought this book thinking it would be a broad out look into Einstein's thoughts. It however turned out to be a collection of letters and speeches. Which was a bit tedious.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 27 July 2014