on 20 April 2012
This book is obviously based on considerable research but is presented in a form more akin to a novel than to a standard autobiography. While this makes for an interesting, easy read, in places this style becomes limiting. For instance we find out about Eva's medical condition but there is no opportunity to reflect on how this might have affected Eva as an individual nor her relationship with Hitler. Indeed I think the book does nothing to really illuminate the relationship of Hitler and Eva.Similarly we learn about Eva's suicide attempts but the firstin particular comes out of the blue. Due to the unreflective style of writing we were given no indication beforehand of her state of mind and indeed we are no clearer afterwards. Infact this is probably my greatest criticism of the book, we never really get any sense of Eva's state of mind. I do recommend the boook if you are interested in trying to understand more about the people around Hitler, but do be aware of the book's limitations.
on 31 January 2012
I loved this book. Superbly written, it has a page-turning story and will help you learn more about Eva Braun. For me, it really stood out from other books on Eva Braun because of the author's attention to detail, colourful descriptions of the people and places, and incredible revealing facts which I had never come across before. I'm amazed this book hasn't received the attention it deserves. A must read for anyone interested in Eva's story.
on 16 January 2012
I did read the Kindle version of this book, which may vary from the hard copy slightly- I'm not too sure.

Anyway, this was my first Kindle purchase and read and I really enjoyed it. That said, it did read more like a novel than a biography. Lundmark comments upon this fact in his foreword and writes that some of the information is dramatized. I do understand his reasons for doing this- he writes that he wishes to make the story of Eva Braun more accessable to people who wish to learn about her and I feel he achieves this very well.

On the whole, an interesting and enjoyable read which has been well researched. I would have liked a few more pictures (but perhaps this was due to the copy being a Kindle version) and both a bibliography and a citation of sources. That said, this was not intended to be an overly academic book. In his foreword, Lundmark writes that a longer, more academic book is in the pipeline and shall certainly look into buying this when its published.
on 24 June 2013
It's an interesting read, but rather poorly written, and I think the author was trying to be too clever by juxtaposing the past and present instead of telling it in sequence. And there were no illustrations.
on 26 June 2015
What an amazing book. I was enthralled right from the start. This book really delves into the life of Eva Braun and the reader almost feels as if they come to know her. Brilliantly written
on 15 November 2013
Before I read this I didn't know much about Eva. The book itself is sometimes a bit disjointed but overall leaves you with some sympathy for an unhappy and lonely woman.
on 17 March 2011
This is by far the best book about Eva Braun that I have ever read! The author manages to tell the story in a fascinating way. I couldn't put the book down! For me, the author's discovery that Eva Braun suffered from the MRK disease was most surprising.

My recommendation: Buy this book, you won't regret it!
on 16 April 2015