4.0 out of 5 stars I NEVER GET TO KEEP THE MONKEY
Published 12 months ago by The Movie Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as the first, but still hilarious
When I first heard about this film, part of me worried that the second movie wouldn't live up to my expectations and wouldn't be a successful movie as many sequels to movies have been less than brilliant, but thankfully, this movie is just as exciting as part I.

Published 15 months ago by Laura Hartley

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as the first, but still hilarious, 12 Jun 2013
Laura Hartley (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

The Hangover: Part 2 is an incredibly funny tale which although follows the same concept as the previous movie, is still completely unique. This time, the boys are off to Thailand for Stu's wedding and though he is adamant that they don't have a bachelor party and keep things low key with a 'Bachelor Brunch', somehow, mayhem still ensues.

If you've seen the first movie, then you're definitely going to enjoy the second, with more crazy antics and blank memories. This is just as thrilling as the first movie despite what other people say. I was sat in a cinema full of people laughing their heads off the entire way through, and in my book, that means it's a damn good movie. It may revolve around the same concept of the original but the suspense as they search for Teddy, Stu's fiancee's little brother, and clues as to their antics of the previous night still keep you interested the entire way through.

I highly recommend this to anyone who's looking for an hour and half of laughter and banter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Same film, different country, 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Hangover Part II - Triple Play (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) [2011] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I watched this movie with expectation that it wasn't going to be very good. Although I was slightly more impressed than I expected, it really isn't great. If the first film had never existed, then part II would be better received because in effect, this is the same film.

Don't get me wrong; it's not boring, just not original. It's perfect for a Saturday night when all you want to do is relax and have a (bit of) a laugh. The acting is fine and the script is ok- it's just the fact that the plot is pretty much the same.

I just wish the original could have been left alone as I feel that the sequel has damaged part ones reputation a bit.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT SO FUNNY, 28 Oct 2013
We went to the movies to watch Hanover Part I and absolutely loved it. My husband laughed that much and that loud I kept missing parts of the film so when I saw it on DVD I purchased it. We watch it over and over as we seem to miss so much. When I saw Hanover Part II for sale I had to buy it after enjoying the first one. I do think this one is funny but not so good. We love the actors, they all seem to fit together so well but the humour doesn't seem to be there as much as in the first one. Still worth purchasing and have to admit the more I watch it the better it seems to get because you hear things for some reason you missed before.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fewer comedy moments than Schindlers List !, 19 Jan 2014
This film is atrociously unfunny. Where some comedies try hard this does not bother. If you are extremely drunk you may like it. I'd say america has forgotten how to make a comedy but thinking about it .. Did they ever

4.0 out of 5 stars I NEVER GET TO KEEP THE MONKEY, 14 Sep 2013
The Movie Guy "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
There is a certain amount of predictability in this film, which is not really bad. The movie picks up 2 years later. Ed Helms is getting married in Thailand (pronounced Thigh-land). His future father-in-law hates him. His wife has a 16 year old brother who is pre-med. Ed wisely chooses not to have a bachelor party or invite Alan (Zach Galifianakis) along. He is talked into inviting Alan who worships the time the "Wolf Pack" was together. Of course once the guys get back together and raise their glasses in a toast...

The movie uses the same formula as the first one. It takes a seemingly impossible situation and reconstructs a humorous story around it. Their mission in this episode is to locate Teddy, the pre-med student. On par with the first film.

F-bomb, nudity, she-male nudity, crude humor, n-word, Ed Helms bent over and taking it up the...

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny., 3 Sep 2013
a very watchable romp, not sure that it is as good as the first. Very capable performances by all of the actors.

1.0 out of 5 stars Contender For The Biggest 'Follow Up' Turkey Ever..., 26 Jan 2012
Mark Barry "Mark Barry" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
There are few movie fans out there who didn't love every over-the-top moment of "The Hangover" - a genuinely anarchic and balls-to-the-wall film. They would therefore have been seriously looking forward to another night in with Mister Chow and a whole lot of belly laughs. But this follow-up is an absolute dog - and how it got past the makers comedic radar is a total mystery (money and greed must have had a lot to do with it).

You know you're in trouble when you're bored within the first five minutes. It then spends a further 15 minutes retelling us what happened in the previous movie, revisiting old characters but in an annoying way - and worst of all - barely raising a laugh as they do. They relocate the 'fun' from Vegas to Bangkok much like "Sex And The City 2" did (another woeful follow-up) and it's downhill from there on in - because scene after scene just falls flat - and somehow this 'comedy' just completely forgets to be funny. And while the first film was famously crude (but in a good way) - a certain crassness to the dialogue has crept in here that doesn't do any of them any favours (especially Bradley Cooper).

I'd thought that the slew of awful reviews given to "The Hangover Part II" were perhaps being too harsh - surely it couldn't be that bad - but no. You may feel the urge to rent this - but I'd say avoid it. It's even managed to poison my enjoyment of the first film somehow.

Awful...and then some...

1.0 out of 5 stars Pefect example of a sequel, 20 Dec 2011
If there was ever a shining example of why NOT to make a sequel... this is it. Its appalling.
First one was funny, this one is just crude and nasty. The characters have totally lost their loveability.
We didn't laugh once throughout the whole film.
Sorely disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars dreadful, 5 Feb 2012
The first one had a few funny bits in,this is just a carbon copy with any humour extracted.Painful to watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars just okay, 11 July 2014