on 11 August 2013
I have been looking at J&J items for awhile now finally taking the chance when this hit lightning sales, good thing, i would not even pay lightning sale price again if given the opportunity. Boards cut extremely easily which even after first use resulted in plastic shavings coming off..Thats a spice i prefer not being in my food..
on 23 December 2014
They start out great... matt and smooth and full of promise.

They transform your misshapen vegetables into some exotic culinary dish.

This is a chopping board... I expect it to be "choppable". But it seems Mr Joseph Joseph does not expect you to use these implements.. but only to sit in some corner of your kitchen. You see, as you chop on it you immediately cut up and scar the surface so it looks ravaged from the first use. It's my fault... what was I thinking chopping on this chopping board with a sharp knife. I should have chopped it with a wooden knife that would not have damanged the board's surface.

This is expected - it is a chopping board.

Also - unless you are careful you will from time to time get hair like stringy pieces of the board in your food. I ended up scraping these off with a knife at 45 degrees (a bit like the scene from 300 where the Spartan King Chlamidies or whatever his name played by Gerard Butler wipes off the arrows flighted by those man b*tch Persians and they all have a laught about "fighting from the shade" and general hoo haah and then he smacks them off his shield with his trusty sword). Okay not quite - but its as close as I can get to that now...

Anyway you might think it's hair and not stringy crap - but its not. I think I wish it was hair instead of some grade of plastic that will prbly end up staying in my lower intestine for the next 30 years before finding myself getting a yarn of this stuff extracted out of me... all because of this chopping board.

So although I like the look of it - its pretty PANTS once you have used it.

I actually use to chop on may worktop before this from time to time - and that is a laminated old top in a faux (cheap looking) granite effect. I was surprised this looks less scored than the above chopping boards for whuch Joseph Joseph Joseph Joseph have produced.

Better off getting a wooden board.... or do what I plan to - buy a granite tile - stick on some rubber feet (maybe using sugur) and then use that (dont treat it with a sealer first...).

All Style - no real substance.
on 15 December 2012
I'm usually a pretty big fan of Joseph Joseph design and have a fair bit of his kitchen range that I rate highly. This chopping board set however is not great. Firstly the boards are small, which as any cook knows means you get mess everywhere rather than contained on the chopping board. Moreover, my (normal steel) kitchen knives have cut right through the plastic leaving deep scratches on the board that are starting to peel - unacceptable. I cant see this last more than a few months. In summary if you dont actually cook much and you want something that looks neat in the kitchen by all means buy this. If however you need functioning chopping boards - go low tech and save yourself the cost.
on 1 December 2011
I have the old Joseph Joseph Index chopping boards and although I think they look fantastic I did find they could move a little when I was using on the kitchen surface. I've just received these and they are a real improvement as they are non-slip on both sides which put simply makes them a much better to use. I do agree that they can mark but as a user of excellent Shun knives I would rather the boards mark than my knives are damaged. The best bit is that I managed to buy them for less than the old version. A great result!
on 30 November 2013
These are an excellent buy, we had 1 chopping block before and were continually washing it to use again. With this set you have 8 sides to use. We stick them in the dishwasher to clean so never run out of sides. We don't bother about using them for different types of food they are always clean when we use them. One of the best kitchen tools we have bought.
on 21 December 2013
I am a cook that likes to chop and these boards are ridiculously small. This item got sent straight back, too expensive as well!
on 5 November 2011
Joseph Joseph Index Advance Chopping Board Set, Silver

These seemed like a good idea at the time but now the green board won't fit in at all. Something has obviously warped. Not good. A shame as I love Joseph Joseph stuff and have not had problems before!
on 1 August 2013
Product looks and feels great, but I was expecting higher endurance. From first knife cut you can see marks so its not durable enough. Still, quite good product.
on 28 October 2011
With a £40 price tag, I assumed I would have a utilitarian but stylish bit of kitchen kit that would last a good few years. Less than 2-years later it is barely useable as a means of storing the cutting boards. Firstly, 2 of the boards started jamming in the container and secondly, the retaining mechanism preventing the boards slipping out of the bottom of the container failed and when I lift it up the boards not jammed in, fall out. I have no idea if a piece fell off or broke off. The item has been used but not abused in the time I have had it. I would not recommend it to anyone.
on 23 April 2016
I'm a big fan of the Joseph Joseph range and this didn't disappoint. This item arrived in a nicely secure packaged Joseph joseph box, making this a nice gift also. I was delighted with the design and quality but to be honest I've always been impressed with this particular brand. It was a bonus that they were on offer although I was expecting to pay full price

The holder is a nice grey colour with a dotted texture with the Joseph logo. Each board is made for a different food group which in nice as my partner eats a lot of fish which I'm not keen on so its good to have a board solely for this. The red one is for meats, the green is for fruit and vegetables, the white is for cooked food and the blue for fish

I love this range as they are very smart looking and a fantastic size. I know they do this in a larger set but to be honest this is the perfect size for any kitchen and looks neat.This looks very sleek on our kitchen side,I found the boards can get quite scratched but as they are in a holder no one can see this. The holder has an open bottom which means no dust settles inside as they can do with others making it difficult to clean. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a nice quality chopping board set