5.0 out of 5 stars Very usefull
In the past - anything taken out from the owen - has been placed on our wooden chopping board. Whilst it was protecting the worktop - it was also a bit unpractical.
This silicone pot stand is just a brilliant idea! When not used and folded it takes so small place. It can also be cleaned easily.
It doesn't matter how big is your baking tray - you can stretch the...
Published on 9 April 2012 by Peter

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Small
Much, much smaller than I expected. It opens and closes like a concertina, so hardly 'stretch', just expanding. A great idea, but it could really do with being twice the size. Sellers should also show a photo with it expanded next to a tape measure which would enable prospective purchasers to see just how small it it. Yes, a wonderful idea - especially where storage...
Published 10 months ago by Ms. Teresa L. Earl

5.0 out of 5 stars Very usefull, 9 April 2012
Peter (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joseph Joseph Stretch Silicone Pot Stand - Black (Kitchen & Home)
It doesn't matter how big is your baking tray - you can stretch the stand to the desired size. Very usefull and worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely love it!, 28 Jan 2014
I have a small size kitchen so when buying something, one of my priorities is space saving. This product is just as I wanted, handy and not taking any space when not in use. I had a fear whether the silicone would be a good idea, but I've been using it for a year had no problem so far. The only drawback is, which is not a big problem, if you're fussy about its appearance, the marks of water drops remain on it if you do not dry immediately after getting wet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea !, 7 Sep 2012
This came the other day. I was trawling through Amazon looking for a trivat when I came across this novel idea of a silicone one What a brilliant idea ! I have been looking at stainless steel ones, marble ones but this silicone one ticks all boxes as its very light, wont crack the floor tiles if I drop it , more importantly, it doesn't take up any room in my compact kitchen !

Used it yesterday, really works, and can be used for more than one pan whatever the size as it stretches outwards. Another good thing is that it fits in a drawer so snugly. Will also use it on my table for hot food as it with stands very high temperatures !

Really pleased with this purchase. Best thing since sliced bread !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant invention, 31 Jan 2012
Isobel (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
Utterly practical. Perfect for keeping at the back of the Aga/Esse to stand the kettle on: soft enough not to scratch the enamel, robust enough to stand up to the heat and expandable to any size you need - what more could you want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh so simple, 28 Oct 2011
T. Porter "CK9" (Birmingham West Midls) - See all my reviews
What a simple idea for something that can prove quite difficult to manage. No need for lots of storage space it just folds away neatly and tidily.

5.0 out of 5 stars So handy!, 23 Jun 2014
Joe (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
This is great! My wife actually told me "Well done!" for getting 2 of these yesterday - a rare occurrence! They are a great way of protecting our lovely solid wood worktops without having to stick rod protectors to them permanently. They also entertain our 1-year-old as she plays "peepo" looking through them...

Very good value, good looking, and they do the job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Joseph Joseph pot stand, 16 Dec 2013
I love gadgets, but this is by far the best thing I've bought for the new kitchen. It is awesome! If you have a granite top and don't want to spoil it by having pots stands all over, get one of these very discreet but excellent pot stand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic! Ordered another one for me and one for ..., 26 Oct 2014
rutoap "gdyr45" (Rutland, England) - See all my reviews
Have just had new kitchen fitted and wanted pot stand that didn't take up too much room. Saw this and ordered one. Absolutely fantastic! Ordered another one for me and one for my sister-in-law.
When closed it takes up hardly any room but is easy to adjust to fit hot pans. It grips the counter top so there is no danger of anything moving. One of the best buys for my new kitchen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but feels slightly delicate, 13 Dec 2013
This is a brilliant product.
We've been using 2 circular silicone mats to put big trays on to stop them melting or damaging our surfaces but then I found this and thought I'd give it a go!

The good points for this product are:
- Versatility : The rubbery surface is on both sides so it doesn't matter which way up you place the product it will still do what you need; and that is grip the surface and the item being placed on it and stop damage to the surface from heat.
- It really stretches: The product stretches from its closed (pictured) position to, pretty much, a straight line. I forgot to measure before leaving today how long it can go but if anyone is interested then leave a comment and I will do this.
- Style : This has a nice finish and looks professional; a good thing when hosting dinner and you want this on the table. The packaging is very nice, if you are going to keep it for storage.
- The style also makes it great for putting something down on a nice surface you do not want to scratch; not necessarily for any heat protection.

Downsides :
- Flimsy? : I don't think it will break but when extended there is a certain flex to the product that, perhaps, cannot be avoided that makes it feel a bit delicate. I'm not sure you would find anything better but it should be noted that, at this point, I rate it a 4 star product and perhaps some sort of metal mechanism would have felt a bit stronger than plastic; but the price is the price.

This is very nearly a 5 star product and can only recommend it if you are looking for this type of compact storing yet long protecting device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 July 2014
Superb, essential kitchen gadget. Folds small, opens large, unbreakable, washable, what more can you ask? Highly recommended.

Joseph Joseph Stretch Silicone Pot Stand - Black