I bought this as a gift for a friend and we have spent the afternoon flying it.

I have flown delta type rigid stunt kites for many years and I found this kite to handle as well as mine. The principle difference being the lack of poles, which make this much more crash proof!
Published 16 months ago by David

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID AVOID AVOID!!! I don't normally write ...
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

I don't normally write reviews but this product is utterly dreadful - I've spent more time untangling it i.e. > 2 hours and I'm still not done.
How are you expected to fly it if its literally impossible to unwind the cord from the factory? How on earth did this got past quality control?

To compound matters the cord...
Published 26 days ago by Rob Cousins

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb handling, needs a little preparation to ensure a tangle free first flight!, 22 Sept. 2013
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
I bought this as a gift for a friend and we have spent the afternoon flying it.

It does all the same types of stunts including tight loops and will fly in far lighter winds than my rigid kites.

One thing worth noting that is not mentioned in the instructions: There is a little loop of string on the trailing edge, right in the middle. This serves two purposes. The first is to stow the two knotted ends on the kite where you would attach the lines for flight. This allows you to fold away the kite without the worry of tangled rigging. The second is to attach a really long polyester tube tail and make your stunts look even better!

Before flying or gifting this kite I stowed the lines as mentioned above (they come attached to a piece of card, when new). I also unwound the flight lines off the plastic retainer (these are wound as a pair). Then I detached them from the handle straps, separated them, and rewound them individually, one after the other, back on to the handle. This makes the kite more ready to fly, out of the bag, as it is easier to lay the lines one at a time. The lines will otherwise possibly become very tangled on first deployment. Some reviewers on here have had this problem with much frustration it appears. (most new kites have line wound in this fashion, as the lines are in pairs of equal length)

This is a superb kite for a nice price. I will be buying more of these as gifts. A bit of preparation prior to wrapping this up will ensure it will deploy and perform out of the bag on it's first flight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good entry level Kite, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
Bought this kite after reading the reviews on here. I am really pleased with it, took it on holiday and flew it on the beach. My 10 year old son also flew it and he found it quite easy to fly. I would recommend this kite anyone who is looking to buy their first parafoil kite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kite, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
Two kids just loved it, aged 8 and 10. Sturdy and nicely built. Flew well in a light to moderate breeze.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginners kite, 26 Dec. 2013
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
the product arrived on time.The kite was as described.An excellent product.I would recommend this product to anyone considering an entry level kite.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... I have owned and I have to say I loved it. I slammed it into the ground loads ..., 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
This is the first kite I have owned and I have to say I loved it. I slammed it into the ground loads of times (as I am a novice) but it was fine. I once used a kite with solid struts, but that just hit the ground once and broke. This one does not do that as there are no solid parts. There is a little vibration when in high wind, but to be honest you will love it as a fun kite for yourself and the children. I will keep this little baby in the car for fun times out. If you have never owned a kite then buy this one. For the money it IS WELL WORTH BUYING!!! I now want a bigger one to see if I can get lifted off the ground!. Happy flying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kite, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
Bought this for a holiday and had a great time with it. Easy to use, small and light when packed away

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough ooomph, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
I bought 2 kites for my boys, ages 11 and 13. I struggled to find information on what size was suitable, so I purchased the 1.3m and the 1.7m. When the 1.3m arrived I was a little disappointed as it says on the packet 8+.
However both kites were great fun (until we played kite wars and snapped one of the strings) and if I had bought the larger kites it would have been much more expensive and I doubt they would have had much more fun.
I will now go and purchase a 2.1m (or maybe a 2.4m), hopefully that will a bit more ooomph

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but get separate string holders., 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
Nothing wrong with the kit, but you might want to get separate string holders. Most kites come with each strong on its own holster, this kit both strings are on the same one, which can cause problems when opening it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 5 Sept. 2014
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
Brilliant, really easy to use stright out of the packet. My 12 year old son can handle it and so can I we both had a great deal of fun. Woudl reccomend this to everyone fo rthe price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for all the family, 13 Sept. 2014
This review is from: HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite (Toy)
Good kite, great fun. I have three boys aged 11 and twins at 8. The love this kite and we do too. Has coped well with being dunked in the sea and covered in sand. Would recommend

HQ 1.3m Symphony Beach 2 Foil Kite