5.0 out of 5 stars Great music....
I saw the Drifters in concert a couple of months ago at Bridlington Spa.

The music brought back so many happy memories. I didn't realise that they had so many hits or that I knew so many of their songs..!!! I even loved the 'new' songs, some of which can be found on the album.

If like me you had their songs on vinyl and tapes and finally what to...
Published on 5 Jun 2011 by Steven Knifton

3.0 out of 5 stars Cd
It's got all the old songs on that you would like. Fast delivery a good cd to listen too if you like the drifters.
Published 5 months ago by sharon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music...., 5 Jun 2011
Steven Knifton (Beverley, East Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Up On The Roof - The Very Best Of (MP3 Download)
I saw the Drifters in concert a couple of months ago at Bridlington Spa.

If like me you had their songs on vinyl and tapes and finally what to replace them, then this is the album to buy..

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best of the Drifters, 3 April 2011
Marcia "marcia" (england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
The "very best of" is the key thing here with this release. It is not the definitive compilation of the hits of Drifters at all, but it is by far the "The very best" compilation of the most important and memorable hits all collected together. Previous compilations suffered because the Drifters had recorded on various record labels, and the line up changed a few times so for this release to bring together the best of those hits on one disc is excellent.
There are in fact eighteen hits that span the 60s and 70s on this collection. The disc includes two bonus tracks.

This is a fabulous compilation with some great hits. These are the original recordings including all the different line ups of the group.
The sound is excellent and generally this is the one to get if you are a fan of the Drifters.
The hits include their debut hits "Dance with me" and "Save the last dance for me" from 1960, "I count the tears" from 1961, "When my little girl is smiling" from 1962, "Under the Boardwalk" from 1964, "Come on over to my place" from 1965, and 1972, "Saturday night at the movies" from 1972, "Like Sister and Brother" from 1973, "Kissing in the back row of the movies" and "Down on the beach tonight" from 1974, "love games", "There goes my first love" and "Can I take you home little girl" from 1975, "Hello Happiness", Every nights a Saturday night with you" and "Your more than a number in my little red book" from 1976.

There are some hits not included which seems ok really, they were "I'll take you home" from 1963, (reached 37 in the UK charts) "At the club" from 1965 and 1972, (reached number 3 as a double A side record with Saturday night at the movies) "baby, what I mean" from 1967, (reached 49 in the UK charts) So not much missing there for a compilation.

The two bonus tracks are "I still haven't found what I'm looking for" a cover of the U2 song, and "Do you dream of me". And are recordings by the current line up of the group.

There are two faults on the track listing, on the back of the CD inlay (it's no big deal really) First they have spelt the track "Like Sister and Brother" as "Little" Sister and Brother. Secondly the numbers of the tracks goes 1-18 correctly, and then the bonus tracks go 20, then 19. All is correct on the booklet though.

This CD makes a good album, and has a great cross section of the changing sound and line up of the Drifters. If you like any of their hits, you will love this programme of tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars A present for the Wife., 9 Dec 2012
M. Crossman (London) - See all my reviews
Who absolutely loved it.
As a snapshot of the main body of work from The Drifters this is excellent.
It's true that not every classic song from the group is included and there are CDs out there they do have them all but they are more expensive.
My Wife just wanted a CD of some of the classics and this CD fits the bill nicely at a very reasonable price.
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Music but thought it was the current Drifters, 30 April 2011
E. S. Cumberbatch "Charliebuddah" (Ashford, Kent) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my step mum having been to several brilliant Drifters concerts. I thought the cd was the current line up singing some old & some new songs. Bit disappointed it is just a re-hash of the original Drifters. Good tunes of course, but the current line up are just brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD Drifters the very best of, 18 Jan 2014
FANTASTIC as I expected all the sounds you expect to hear and more so if you want a trip back in time or would like to listen to voices that are so harmonious this is the CD to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars drifters cd, 29 Sep 2013
love this play it all the time good songs good band when you play this you cant help dancing and singing along to all the songs

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT ALBUM, 21 Mar 2011
I have been a Drifters fan for many years and this is one of the best Drifter albums ever. Includes all of their most popular songs and 2 new recordings. If you are a fan you will enjoy this album, highly recomeded. Most of their classic songs are included on one album for the 1st time such as Like Sister and Brother, More Than a Number and Down on the Beach Tonight.
I have many Drifters albums in my collection including the so called "Definitive " but this disc is the VERY BEST.

5.0 out of 5 stars a blast from the past, 4 Jan 2014
i loved the drifters when i was younger and i still love their songs now, and play this cd almost every day in the car. some things are timeless. would def reccomend this cd to any drifters fan as it has every song i attribute to the drifters on here. fantastic
thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia fest, 15 July 2014
What a great CD! All the well known tracks, plus a few I hadn't heard before. Impossible to listen to without singing along and pretending that you are actually in the band. [sad really!]

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Drifters, 2 Jan 2014
Brilliant album, all the top song on it. Great to sing along
and dance to and would recommend to anyone who like
the drifters.