5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk 32GB Extreme SDHC 30MB/s Memory Card.
Does exactly what it should.
A very reliable card with a vast memory. I use it with a Canon EOS 550D and it means I can shoot in RAW and use the HD video without having to worry about running out of space.
Published on 9 July 2011 by G. Slater

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: BEWARE FAKES
Sandisk have verified that the 32g card I bought from eBADA on Amazon Marketplace is a fake. I was suspicious when the activation code for the downloadable recovery software included with the card was rejected. Turned out the code had already been used by someone in Japan. I told eBADA who protested that they only sell genuine cards. However, the next day, they credited...
Published 17 months ago by davidnewnham

‹ Previous | 1 2 395 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake - be aware!, 14 July 2014
This review is from: SanDisk Extreme SDHC 32 GB Class 10 Memory Card 45 MB/s (SDSDX-032G-X46) (Personal Computers)
This appeared to be a fake Sandisk card. The packaging was poor and difficult to open. Cutting using the indicated scissor cut line failed to open the packaging. Also, the card was reversed in the pack showing the non-label side. The card performed very badly, writing below 5Mb/s. If buying one of these I strongly suggest you do a full speed and capacity check as soon as possible.

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out for faulty ones!, 2 Aug 2014
I have been buying SanDisk and SanDisk only for many years. I was always happy with their cards as they never failed me. Until this one came. It was working, but when transferring photos to my computer I got suspicious as it was too slow. Tested it with a benchmarking software and was getting 19MB/s max. Contacted SanDisk and after checking the serial number they confirmed that indeed it is genuine. Still, to my surprise, they said that the speed I'm getting is within the limit and the card is OK. That wasn't satisfactory, because if I want slower card I can go with cheaper option. Tested it again in live environment against SanDisk's own Extreme 45MB/s but 64GB that my friend used to record films in RAWs on his Canon 6D. So the only difference between the cards was their capacity. My friend's 64GB succeeded to record at the speed of 43MB/s, my 32GB failed showing the max speed it can reach of 23MB/s. After this test SanDisk agreed to replace it, but it was easier to get the replacement from Amazon, which I did. The second one works as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast data transfers as expected, 7 Dec 2011
Together with my Lexar professional USB3.0 card reader, this manages 27.3MB/s write, 41.3MB/s read. That is much better than required for the HD video recorder it is used with. (Had a little scare to start when my dell monitor card reader couldn't get into double figures).

I think I will stick to Sandisk in future.

1.0 out of 5 stars We won't be fooled again ....., 29 Aug 2014
SanDisk SDSDX-032G-X46 32 GB Extreme 45 MB/s
Class 10 SDHC Memory Card(s)

Unfortunately, both of the above ordered 32GB Memory cards now appear to be counterfeit.

Ordered from Amazon - not Amazon Market place.

The cards were purchased and intended for a short break in the Isle of Man, Classic TT .....

Of the 141 separate film 'clips' taken on the 2 cards, only 3 clips on one and 4 clips on the other are viewable - and on

all of these 7 clips the sound 'disintegrates' on viewing. The other 134 film clips are not viewable as an "Unable to

render file" message appears when trying to open them. The viewable clips were the first ones to be filmed on the

cards.

On further inspection of the memory cards :
Both show in the camcorder as being Class 4, where-as the packaging and labelling both show Class 10.
Both memory cards have the same Serial Number - BM1400550121G
Both packages contain vouchers for a 'Recovery Program' that all have the same Serial Number to access.

Using the memory card tester program - H2testw - reveals that the remaining memory is 'corrupted'.

As you may understand, I feel totally 'gutted' that I have lost virtually all the filming that was done on this holiday, but I

have now calmed down and have to accept the fact that the files are irretrievably lost.

On top of that I have missed Amazons 30 days return policy as I was not intending to use them until my holiday as they

were ordered on the 8th July 2014.

OK, they WERE cheap, and maybe TOO cheap, and obviously, even a ginormous company such as Amazon, and

myself, have been conned by who-ever supplied the cards.

Ended up going to Maplins for a Samsung 16GB card to get by - lesson learned the hard way - so, check 'em out

STRAIGHT AWAY when you get them ....... heed ........

1.0 out of 5 stars Non-genuine SanDisk product - avoid., 10 Aug 2014
I placed an order for 2x SanDisk Extreme SDHC memory cards with Amazon.co.uk on 8. July - the order was delivered on 11. July, fulfilled by General Accessory Distributions. Unfortunately, the cards appear to have been fakes. When trying to use the first card, my camera (Sony a65) announced that it could not read it and refused to function (irritating in the short term, but much better than if the camera had tried to use the card only to suffer from lost/corrupted files later - kudos to Sony).

On close examination, the packaging seemed a little flimsy - poor quality cardboard - and the label on the first SD card was not properly stuck at one corner. The printing on the SD card label was low quality, and the "Made in China" text on the back printed rather than embossed into the surface. Most obviously, as reported by other reviewers, read/write switch is yellow rather than grey.

I elected to return the order as defective (though could also have selected "Different from what was ordered" ...). Amazon's returns procedure worked flawlessly - printed out the return label & took the package to a local grocery store, it was picked up by Amazon's courier later the same afternoon and my account re-credited immediately.

I have purchased SanDIsk Extreme cards from Amazon in the past without any issue - but there seems to be an problem with the current stock, given the number of recent reports (July 2014). A disappointing experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and fast..., 29 May 2012
John "John75222" (Leeds, Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I use this card in a Sony HD camcorder. As a class 10 card it does the job consistently and well and the capacity running at HD quality is excellent at around 2.5 hours. For the price I don't think there's a better card out there and the SanDisk name virtually guarentees that you'll have problem free recording. I've used most of the class 10 cards out there and ultra compact flash cards and SanDisk are by far the most consistent in terms of quality and speed. You've also got to work very hard to damage these cards and if by any chance you get one that doesn't work SanDisk are usually pretty good at replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top card, 14 Jan 2012
This is hands down my preferred brand and choice of card for my high end compact.

As previous reviewers have mentioned not all class 10 cards are equal and this one absolutely flies along. No lag between shots or during HD video.

Though luckily I have not had cause to test it, Sandisk's extreme range are more rugged and designed to be water/shock/dust proof. Hopefully will never need this but glad it is there. Card came with a voucher to download rescuepro software which was a nice bonus.

Overall this is a fantastic card with a price which just goes to show what a rip off the high street is. Anyone who's serious about photo's or has half decent kit should be looking at this range to get the best out of their camera/camcorder.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two fake cards, 23 July 2014
Looks like, similar to other reviewers, I too have got unlucky and been sent two fakes by Amazon. The two I received match the description of the other fakes - instead of a grey read only switch this one is yellow, the gold writing on the packet has black marks on it, if you cut along the scissor line on the packet it doesn't actually open and writing on the back is fuzzy. Have asked for another replacement, hopefully it will be third time lucky.

UPDATE - I have now purchased a 16 Gb one which appears to be genuine and doesn't have any of the characteristics of the previous two cards (the yellow read only switch seems to be a certain giveaway of a fake - all genuine SanDisk ones are grey) - if you look through the reviews you'll see that most of the people who are happy have purchased the 16Gb version so I'd steer well clear of the 32Gb one until Amazon have resolved this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective, 18 Oct 2014
I bought one of these from Amazon because I had already had one that worked perfectly well.

It seems I got a defective product. I took several stills and videos a during a day following a sporting event and later found that most of the files were corrupted. I have never experienced a faulty card before so put this down to perhaps it requiring proper formatting before use. After formatting however the same happened - it seems my card only handles about a GB worth then corrupts the rest.

I notice the markings and package design looked slightly different from my working one.

The defective one had "Made in Taiwan" printed on the back, my working example has Made In China embossed on the back

The defective one has the "32" is in a bolder type face than my working example.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Extreme 32gb Class 10 SDHC, 16 Aug 2011
I bought the SD Extreme for my new Canon 550D. The reason for buying is write-rate, rather than disc size. A lot of SDHC cards offer a write-rate in the region of 10/ 15mb/s but this card achieves 30mb/s, which is really important if you're using this card for capturing movies. The resulting movie footage quality so far has been really smooth and is worth the cost.

‹ Previous | 1 2 395 | Next ›