2,753 Reviews
 (2,237)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what is says on the tin!
For those looking to buy this card but may have been worried by some of the previous reviews, have no fear! I ordered 2 of these cards at a total cost of 21.54 (price on 11th Sept 2012) and the cards that arrived were exactly what I ordered - 16GB 45MB/s Class 10 SDHC cards. At only 10.54 a card that is a great price, they even arrived 2 day early!!! Keep it up Amazon!
Published 23 months ago by Lloyd

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: BEWARE FAKES
Published 13 months ago by davidnewnham

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what is says on the tin!, 13 Sep 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Oct 2008
Richard Stowey "Senior Project Manager" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Even though on the description page it says "Up to 30MB/s sequential read/write speeds", the finer print within the product details says "Speed Rating: 20 MB/s (read) 20 MB/s (write)". Just in case anyone is wondering, this IS NOT the 30 MB/s card.

I have two of them now and use them with my Nikon D90. I can get a lot of video recording out of them and the speeds seem to be able to cope well with the large amount of data recording.

Nice and reliable, good price and the small card reader comes in a small, zip-up, little pouch which is handy! Funnily enough, even though i have two of these, one came with a white usb card reader and the other one was black.

Nice card, price and works well.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: BEWARE FAKES, 8 July 2013
This review is from: SanDisk SDSDX-032G-X46 32 GB Extreme 45 MB/s Class 10 SDHC Memory Card (Packaging Varies) (Personal Computers)
Sandisk have verified that the 32g card I bought from eBADA on Amazon Marketplace is a fake. I was suspicious when the activation code for the downloadable recovery software included with the card was rejected. Turned out the code had already been used by someone in Japan. I told eBADA who protested that they only sell genuine cards. However, the next day, they credited my account with a full refund. I was grateful for that at least. I then photographed both sides of the card and its packaging and sent the images to Sandisk customer support. The next day they told me it was a counterfeit. The card did appear to work OK, but as I understand it, fake cards sometimes fail without warning after months of use, or they are slower than they should be, or do not have the advertised capacity (they can be programed to show false info about themselves!). After this experience, I bought a replacement card from Amazon themselves - ie not the marketplace, but sold and delivered by Amazon. Sandisk advised me only to buy from their authorised resellers, and Amazon is on their list. So will this one also turn out to be a fake? It's unsettling. I now have three of these cards, bought from different sellers, and comparing them, there are tiny differences with typefaces, labelling etc in all three. So far, all I can say is that I was able to download and activate the recovery software using the code that came with this card. To be on the safe side, I guess I really should send photos of it to Sandisk as well. But do I want this thing to take over my entire life? That way madness lies!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sandisk Extreme III, 17 May 2009
Imran Hamid (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this card to use in the Canon IXUS 990 IS.

HD Video...The movie clips mare are prefect, no slowness at all.

12 Megapixel Photos...I can take full resolution photos with just a 1 second delay.

Continous Shoot...The continous shoot works great, a few milliseconds delay between each shot.

Transfer to PC...3MB photos transfer blindingly fast, also the 60MB video clips transfer in just a few seconds too.

A definate buy if you have a good camera!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake SD card sold by Amazon, 18 July 2014
While the card arrived in no time and the packaging looked quite legit, the actual sd card is a fake though. Seeing as this is sold straight by amazon I'm surprised by this. If you bought this item recently I encourage you to do a test on the card or use the sandisk live chat feature on the sandisk website to confirm if it's real or not. I could take 30 raw pictures at about 15 mb each until files started getting corrupted. This could be a disaster if you go on holiday with this as your only card as all your memories would be lost. A new one is on it's way. Let's see if naughty employee just swapped some fakes cards into the mix to for a bit of his own profit or whether this is a bigger issue.

UPDATE:
I have now received a replacement from Amazon and this one appears more legit. The printing on the back of the packet is a lot clearer (less bold font) and the Rescue PRO tool logo on the back is not fuzzy. As far as the actual card goes. The Serial number is printed but the MADE IN CHINA bit is pressed into the plastic unlike the one I first received which had both printed on. The little clip which changes the card to read only is yellow on the fake one and grey on the one that I've just received. The gold writing on the packaging on the fake one had little black marks where as the one which appears to be real doesn't. On Monday I shall contact SanDisk just to give their confirmation that this one is indeed legit.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you need high speed.... you need this card!, 7 Oct 2008
Just bought this to complement my Nikon D90.... and I am very happy. Shooting RAW, it is super-fast, copes easily with 4.5 FPS and downloading to my PC is now a dream.

If you really do need a fast card.... trust me, you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk Extreme III SDHC 8GB - High Performance!, 11 Sep 2009
S. P. O'GORMAN (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this card to complement a new Canon EOS500D camera. Until this card arrived I had 'borrowed' a normal speed SDHC card from another camera. However, the speed difference once this new card arrived was absolutely amazing! No more hesitations as the 15MP images were written to disk - just pure point and shoot. This is how digital photography should be. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 26 Aug 2010
Mr Gumby "DH" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
In case this info is of value to anyone, I found typical write speeds with multiple files to be around 6-9 MB/s, read speeds around 12-16 MB/s.

For example, writing 167 jpegs totalling 579MB took 66 seconds - 8.77MB/s.
Reading them back took 40 seconds - 14.47 MB/s

Larger files are of course faster:

Writing a single 142MB exe took 12 seconds - 11.83 MB/s.
Reading it back took 6 seconds - 23.66 MB/s

That compares well with real-world speeds I've found with other cards, so I'm a happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the Sandisk Ultra for Nikon D7000/7100, 10 April 2013
V. J. K. Lamburn (Worthing, WS, England) - See all my reviews
My Nikon D7100 has a small buffer (same as the D7000) and so when shooting RAW the buffer fills up quick (in a second if shooting 6fps) - then the speed of the card becomes critical.

There have been some labelling changes recently from Sandisk as I have two 8GB Extreme cards with "30MB/s" on them, so I thought the Ultra labelled ones also "30MB/s" would be the same. They aren't as I found out.

The 64GB "30MB/s" Ultra was too slow, to the extent the camera locked up for seconds and this was a problem even for portrait photography (e.g. walking down the church aisle at a wedding because you can't do anything), where as the similarly labelled 8GB "30MB/s" Extreme ones performed somewhat better. Image review was also slow, although I don't tend to chimp that much when working otherwise you can miss things. But regardless, performance was hindered and I returned the Ultra card.

So instead I bought this Sandisk Extreme "45MB/s" 64GB card as I couldn't warrant spending twice as much on the 95MB/s ones knowing full well that it'd not make a huge difference (as the MB/sec speeds are generally read speeds at peak performance.) In short - much better!

With this card I can shoot the D7100 in CL (continuous low) at 3FPS recording 6-7 frames of RAW in a burst, then the camera slows to about 1FPS but that's fine because the camera reacts if you let go of the shutter release momentarily after the continous burst, and then start shooting again, the camera and memory card is ready to shoot again. In other words, the camera doesn't lock up for seconds at a time. Anyone who shoots things that can change in seconds (i.e. not landscapes necessarily!) will appreciate this.

Therefore if you're shooting a D7000 or D7100 (maybe even the D5200 as that is a 24MP camera with a small buffer too) you need this card if you anticipate any kind of perfomance whilst doing continuous bursts of shots interspersed with single shots and need the camera to be reactive and not locked up clearing the buffer and writing to a card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself a ton of cash, 27 Sep 2012
A few weeks ago I bought myself a new Canon EOS 600d digital slr camera kit. Rather than shop around online for a memory card, I decided to play it safe and bought one from my local branch of Jessops. It was this card which I bought, and Jessops charged me 49.99. Now that I had my new camera I decided to look on Amazon for a book on the 600d, as well as things like a lens hood, UV filter etc. It was during this search that I came across this memory card being sold at this ridiculously low price of just over 10. About one fifth of the price Jessops charged me. I read a few of the reviews which said it wasn't the card pictured, however, as I was ordering a few other items I decided to take a punt and risk my 10. Now that my items have arrived I am happy to report that I received a genuine Sandisk 16Gb SD card, 45Mb/s write speed, Class 10, exactly as shown in the photo. And exactly the same as the one I paid five times as much for in Jessops!! Needless to say, I think I'll be ordering a few more from Amazon at this price. You can never have too many memory cards! To all those who are sceptical, as I was, I say buy with confidence, and save yourself some cash ;-)