4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product except for 2 minor drawbacks
Published on 6 Sep 2011 by W WANG

I purchased this cover as I had accumulated various nicks and scratches on my previous 11" air. I wanted to protect my new 13" model from the start so I researched and purchased a product that I thought would protect it from little bumps and baby fingers / toys etc.

Published on 28 Oct 2012 by N. Shepherd

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product except for 2 minor drawbacks, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: Incipio MacBook Air 13-inch feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case - Matte Black (Personal Computers)
Ultra thin and fits very nicely with Macbook Air without adding bulk. The "snap on" is easy yet still holds on solid. I prefer this over a normal sleeve or bag coz this always stays with the Air - so I don't have to go look for the sleeve when I need to slip it into a bag and avoid scratches. Half of the bottom piece is perforated for heat dissipation. All ports are accessible.

Two minor complaints though that makes this a 4-star -
ONE this is not transparent so if you want to see the Apple logo at the back of display you'd be disappointed. There is a Speck SeeThru Satin Case that is transparent.
TWO it collects fingerprints very quickly - the "grease" prints are very visible. The Speck SeeThru also has lots of reviews about being fingerprint-prone.

One watchout for snap on sleeves like this though: my iPhone 3GS Incipio Feather actually catches and collects dust pieces between the phone and sleeve so throughout time they rubs the back of my phone and created a lot of tiny scratches, which is sort of self-defeating. So will see if similar effect would happen to this sleeve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 6 Nov 2011
I originally looked at the case-mate offerings but read far too many review where it had cracked. The Incipio case was harder to come by but the rubberised finish appealed to me. It makes the MacBook air less slippery and appears to offer a good level of protection. It took seconds to fit and looks very nice on. There are a couple of minor downsides but I still think this is the best case of this type for my MacBook air. It does attract fingerprints but is easily cleaned. My black one completely obscures the apple logo, I've read some of the other colours allow a bit of the light through. The last negative (which is also a positive at the same time) is that the Incipio is hard to remove. This means it fits securely but removal is a challenge. Now I know how to remove it though it's nowhere near as bad. I find a finger nail (or a soft piece of flexible plastic) can be run around the edge so that the case comes off cleanly with no damage.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, some small flaws, 29 Oct 2011
Got the case, firstly I bought it from the seller Helpful_seller, next day delivery, however the case does not come with original packaging.

It still works well, the case click into place, however I installed the cover on the screen the wrong way round, and trying to remove it proves to be very difficult. I think I ruined the case a little just trying to remove it, but it shows how secure it is attached to the laptop.

All in all, I am very happy with it,

1.) case fits very snuggly and seems to provide good protection.
2.) good material, very nice to the touch.

However, there are a few little flaws:

1.) the material of the case is very prone to oily, greasy finger prints, but can be easily wiped clean
2.) The two clips that clip on to the back of the base (under the screen hinges are) seems to interfere with screen (lid) when opening and closing it. It makes a clicking sound which is very discerning. At the end I used a knife to cut off those two clips. Even without the two clips, the base panel is still holding in very tightly. So I think it is just to do with my case, the dimension might be a fraction of a millimetre out on those two clips. Might not be a problem on every case.
3.)This is the biggest flaw of all, and later I read on websites, many people have similar complains. The case on the top left corner interfere with the magsafe charger. Basically the charging plug cannot sit flush on the laptop side. Even though it's attached at an angle, it still charges, but it seems less securely fitted.

At the end, I took a file and file a round groove on the case to make the magsafe to sit snuggly on the case. With all the modifications, now I love this case.

My advice is, if those flaws do not seem that big a deal to you, then I think you will find this case very good. At least for its price compare to the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great product from Incipio, 22 Aug 2011
This isn't the first Incipio product I have bought, and I don't think it will be the last either. As with the iphone cases, this macbook air feather case is perfect. Doesn't add bulk and still manages to make the macbook air look better than anything else on the market even with the case on.

Most importantly the protection it offers is very good. Probably not enough to save the laptop from a heavy fall, but good enough to allow you to throw into a backpack on a daily basis without scratching or damaging the laptop. Access to all the ports is great as well.

Highly recommend this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but unfortunately it does not protect form dust and grit, 28 Oct 2012
N. Shepherd (Salford, UK) - See all my reviews

The Incipeo Feather looks fairly good and feels nice to touch however you soon will see lots of finger and hand prints on the covers which are not easy to wipe off. That didn't really bother me but I thought I would mention it.

The case does seem to protect the corners from little knocks and bumps and the macbook's surfaces are scratch free so it works on that respect.

HOWEVER! (as others have mentioned) try as you might you will not keep dust from entering between the cover and the air and if you forget to separate and clean for more that a couple of weeks you will find little tiny bits of dust or even worse grit which cause tiny pit marks (indentations) which are permanent, only little marks but if you are a bit of a freak like me it will wind you up no end.

I have about 5 or 6 little marks now on the air's base after only 3 months, at first I kept on top of cleaning in-between but lately I have been a little lapse and it has shown. The largest pit mark is only about 1mm but it is noticeable.

Also as previously mentioned the bottom feet are useless for grip so watch it on any flat surface as it slides along with little effort.

I have now decided that I will take my chances without the case and I am going to purchase a soft, sock type case to place it in when not in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 29 May 2012
I am very pleased with this cover. Having done a lot of research for the best covers for my macbook air, the incipio feather seemed to consistently come up top. I settled for the cover particularly for its thinness as well as being stylish. It is very easy to fit, it's literally a few clicks and its done.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD VALUE, 4 Aug 2013
My only criticism is that it covers the microphones at the side of the laptop. Not a major problem but it did mute them. I solved bt making a couple of small holes at that location

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 25 Mar 2014
lightweight and slimline. only gripe is the pads underneath are nor as grippy as pads on the computer so easier to slide around on smooth surfaces

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy, 21 Mar 2014
I love this case to bits. Snapped it on a few months ago and haven't taken it off. I have no complaints. It fits perfectly on my 13" Air, is super easy to clean, and is of a very high quality. No scratches yet, and it has taken some abuse from my 3 yr old leaving things on it all the time. Feels feathery, not cheap. Incipio is my favourite for all cases/covers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Protects, looks cool, it does not increase the size/weight of the laptop, 23 Feb 2014
It is perfect. It fits nicely on the laptop, it protects it from scratchs and dirt. And actually looks cool.

It almost does not increase the size of the laptop, and it is light.

Also, it completely hides the apple logo, which I hate... :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›