Size: 200g|Change

on 12 September 2013
Bought via Amazon for a friend, the second I've recommended it to.
I was, at first, a tad nervous about taking this Naturya Spirulina powder, allowing active algae into my gut, but three weeks in ... i'm feeling great ... My methods of ingesting the green charcoal-fine powder have been varied, and sometimes poo-pooed by others. But each morning I find adding half a teaspoonful to a pint of weak cordial fruit juice, blackcurrant, orange or lemon is palatable, though getting used to the green pond water like residue takes a while. Adding the powder to all types of smoothies too is a cinch. Also I have added the Spirulina powder to egg mix, making for some interesting looking green pancakes, omelettes and Scrambled egg!

For the first few days - as I was warned - there were a few (three) mild headaches,I took too much, and felt drunk. Expect a rumbling tummy, plus a bit of wind! Undeterred, after nearly four weeks my system seems to to have accepted this stuff and I'm a convert!

It's no placebo effect either. Head feels clear, aches and pains have gone, I've lost unneeded weight, all round I feel heaps better for taking it.
Do take care with the size of teaspoon you use! And there are other flavours available. But I wholeheartedly agree with others that this Organic powder does wonders, and eating a normal diet too is no problem, this stuff makes sure the nutrients any body needs are there.
Great stuff!
66 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 June 2015
This stuff tastes revolting so it must be good for you... I puked up trying to drink this stuff mixed with milk, it turns out I was using 50 grams instead of 5.....
on 15 September 2013
It was fine, dose not taste bad and very healthy. 1/2 avocado, 1/4 cucumber, 1/2 stick celery, handful spinach, 2 apples ice and 1 small tsp spirulina makes a great smoothie
on 5 July 2014
This packet will probably last me forever! Add 1/4 tsp each day to green juice and can't taste it.
on 28 August 2013
Loads of nutrients! Very well packaged that is easily resealable. I have 3 powders of this brand and have to say that theu y are really good. Spirulina is some heavy stuff to have with Smoothies so make sure to read a lot about it before you buy it so that you are not disappointed.
on 15 March 2014
Very quick deliver, and good packaging. I've brought it to go into juices. I don't like the colour of the juices once in but it don't taste at all.
on 31 May 2014
I don't usually write reviews but this product is very good. I feel more energetic since I have been taking this product. My only complaint is that the pouch does not seem to reseal well.
on 7 June 2014
Really happy with this product was not sure at first but i feel great on it its stopped me feeling hungry most of the time, only bad point it tastes not good!!
on 25 September 2014
Lots of plant based protein. Perfect for vegans and people who have moral issues with the unjust and unnecessary slaughter of sentient beings.
on 5 July 2014
Great product for the health conscious. I ix with hot water to make it less gritty and then add it to juices/smoothies!