5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Poached and Boiled Eggs - Everytime
Dead easy to use - You don't need masses of instructions!
BOILED:
1) Fill measuring cup (provided) with water, and pour water into device
2) Using pin (provided) create tiny hole in eggs, and place eggs in black holder
3) Place on lid, turn on, and wait for unit to cook eggs
4) Turn unit off when buzzer sounds.

POACHED
1) Fill...
Published 23 months ago by P. R. Kingwell

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money
The soft poach option leaves the eggs full of water the medium leaves them like hard boiled eggs, this is ok for boiled eggs but useless for poached, dont waste your money.
Published 8 months ago by MR L HAYHOE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Poached and Boiled Eggs - Everytime, 30 April 2012
P. R. Kingwell (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Andrew James Electric Stainless Steel Egg Boiler Includes Poacher Attachment and Steamer Attachment.
Dead easy to use - You don't need masses of instructions!
BOILED:
1) Fill measuring cup (provided) with water, and pour water into device
3) Place on lid, turn on, and wait for unit to cook eggs
4) Turn unit off when buzzer sounds.

POACHED
1) Fill measuring cup (provided) with water, and pour into device
2) Lightly butter poaching tray and crack desired number of eggs into tray
3) Place white steamer on top of boiled egg holder, and then the poached egg holder on top of that
4) Place on lid, turn on, and wait for unit to cook eggs
5) Turn unit off when buzzer sounds.

That's it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love poached eggs, then this is for you., 3 Nov 2011
Great way of poaching eggs, you don't have to keep watching them to ensure that they don't come out rubbery. You just put water according to how you like your eggs, soft to hard, and walk away. I do mine a little underdone and leave them in the poacher until everything is ready, they keep warm and finish cooking whilst I can continue with everything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg Cooker, 3 Oct 2011
This product is great. It takes a little time to work out how much water to put in even though it is measured for you.
It all depends on how you like your eggs cooked.
But once youve dealt with that then it perfect eggs every time and no breakages either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little boiler, 30 Sep 2011
I bought this egg boiler as it was on offer.
It boils eggs perfectly, soft, Med or Hard.
I haven't tried the steamer but I cannot imagine why it wouldn't work. However the egg poacher worked well.Glad I bought it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Boiling,great - poaching not so good., 14 Nov 2011
Machine looks reasonably well made. My previous one went rusty so the stainless steel is welcome. Boils eggs perfectly.
No real instructions on the poacher although it seems to suggest that the amount of water required is the same as boiling. This doesn't really work. The first attempt using the measure for "medium" amount of water for two eggs resulted in very under-cooked eggs. The second using the "hard" amount gave me rock solid eggs, so I guess trial and error is the only way.
It's very important to grease the poacher before use as it's not non-stick! Took half an hour to clean after the first attempt, I'm not sure it's dishwasher proof.
Can't really see much use for the steamer, again no instructions for use and what would you steam? Fish? Veg? Not really big enough for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 31 Oct 2011
C. Simmons "Christine 0010" (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
Prior to the purchase of this excellent little machine, I would boil my breakfast egg in a saucepan of water on a solid plate electric hob - slow and a waste of electricity. Nowadays, with the help of the Stainless Steel Egg Boiler,I can cook up to seven boiled eggs in a tiny amount of water. I don't even have to watch the timing, as the buzzer tells me when the time is up. (It only took a couple of experiments to discover the exact amount of water for my preferred 'doneness'.) I haven't yet tried the poacher ring, but I am sure this would work just as well. Also, I laid some asparagus spears on the steamer tray, and they were steamed to tender perfection! The egg boiler is in daily use and I leave it on the worktop (takes up a very small space) ready for action. I am sure that I will be getting a lot of use from this inexpensive, but sturdily made, little gadget.

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 30 July 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars egg boiler, 7 Sep 2011
The egg boiler is great for boiling eggs, the information given is not very good though, it is meant to be a steamer aswell but there is nothing to tell you how to use it as a steamer or as an egg poacher. Apart from that it is a good machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 18 Jun 2013
I only wanted it for boiling eggs to have with my lunchtime soldiers at my office, so I've not used it yet for poaching etc - but I will. It works perfectly and without any attention needed from me other than to react when the buzzer sounds telling me the eggs are ready. Just what I wanted. What a simple but very effective piece of equipment - and small enough to fit anywhere. If I had to quibble about anything, it would be the very short electrical cable. I know health & safety want us to avoid long trailing cables, but sometimes these electrical leads are too short. We don't all have plug sockets every 6 inches along the worktops!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for boiled eggs, not so good for poaching, 5 Jun 2013
I ordered this item as I wanted an egg boiler/poacher to use instead of boiling water in my saucepan.

Excellent for boiled eggs, but when poaching I found the eggs took a long time to cook in the middle, and
the poaching trays were difficult to clean as the whites stuck to the edges, even after greasing them.

ARRAY(0xa023fda4)