Size: 3m|Change

on 1 July 2012
Using this cable as a replacement for the cable I got with my screen. The video quality getting through is great. However, I cant get my laptop to put out anything higher than 1024x768, even though using my last cable I was able to put out at 1920x1200.

It's not like the cable isn't capable of the output, I tested on another laptop and I was able to do 1920x1200, but even that laptop couldn't properly determine what resolutions were recommended, it's just capable of forcing higher resolution modes, my laptop is not able to do this.

If you are only planning on using 1024x768, then yea I can recommend this cable, if you are wanting something higher, then I would recommend you steer clear as I'm not sure if you will be able to get the higher resolutions.
on 10 January 2012
Cable as described and delivery quick.
Note package says only for monitors up to 17"
(thicker cable for larger monitors recommended)
But have tried with 32" and quality is fine
on 6 June 2014
This cable has two major problems. Firstly the captive screws to firmly attach to the PC/Monitor are almost unusable due to the size of the heads, and are very stiff making them doubly hard to use. Worse still the cable seems not to correctly carry the signal that allows correct detection of plug and play monitors. I had endless issues with incorrect display resolutions until I realised that it was the cable causing the issue and swapped back to an older cable that then worked perfectly. Given that there are a ton of other cables out there I can't think of a single reason to buy this one.
on 26 April 2012
Got this extra cable due to the fact I have a 2 port switch box for my Xbox and PC using one monitor. Came quite quickly even though I used super saver delivery. The cable is great, not too long for my needs and to be quite honest the VGA cable that I had gotten from a family friend to start with gave me a good picture. But once this cable came and I plugged it in - its gotten 100% better! Especially for the price right now. Only thing I don't quite like are the little screws either side that you tighten on the device you've plugged it into, but that's personal preference.
on 6 August 2012
Disappointed at first as all edges were fuzzy & type was unclear. Found that resolution of my 17" monitor had been reduced - should be 1280 x 1024. Corrected this & appearance was OK. Next day, same thing happened. However, on third day things were OK & no problems since. Seems that system has now `bedded in'.

Previous reviewer mentions that package said only suitable for monitors up to 17". My package actually says "Designed to work with monitors smaller than 17". Neither Belkin nor Amazon websites mentions this (it is the F2N028 product). However, for next product up, the `high Integrity' F3H982, Belkin & Amazon say "Recommended for monitors 17" & larger".

Looks as tho' this cable is working at its limit with a 17" monitor. Belkin & Amazon should mention this limitation on their websites, rather than you only finding out after you have bought the product!
on 28 January 2014
Works well no problems just what I wanted to connect my Dell lap top to Panasonic 42" TV for big screen wiewing on Skype.
on 11 July 2012
Cable is fine .. does its job fine ...

With regards to other reviewer who says cable is fine for 32" ... be aware .. its not so much the size of the screen you are connecting it to .. but the resolution you want to achieve ...

I would not use this cable for anything over 1280x1024 ...

Its fine on my 22" monitor .. until i try to set it to 1680x1050 ... it can achieve this ... but has intereference lines ...

The lines are gone when i set it back to a lower resolution again ... The laptop was not able to detect model info or what resolutions my monitor was capable of since plugging this cable in .. so i assume this cable is wired for older, more basic monitors from when 1024x768 was considered the standard high resolution ...

Buy a different cable if you want to use higher resolutions or have your OS properly detect your monitor and its capabilities
on 2 May 2012
A cable is a cable, and it does the job.
However it took me 10 minutes to undo the knot some idiot tied in this before I could use it.
Fortunately this didn't damage the cable.
on 19 September 2012
The cable is basic and robust. I had no noise issues with it and could not find fault with it.
on 8 May 2013
Cable arrived in next to no time. Easy to fit and we were back up and running in no time