5.0 out of 5 stars OMG. WHAT A FANTASTIC READ.
Published on 10 Mar 2012 by echo

3.0 out of 5 stars cliche after cliche
Published on 20 May 2012 by Gillian

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG. WHAT A FANTASTIC READ., 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book when it was free but I would of paid for it because its a brilliant book. The storyline is consistent, the characters believable. It's quite spooky in places and my emotions were up and down all the time. No other book has made my emotions jump from sad to happy like this book has. It's a fantastic book and I didn't want it to end. I can't find the words to explain how good it is. You won't be disappointed if you buy this book. I've only had my kindle for about two weeks and I must say it's one of the best things I've bought. It's opened my eyes to different authors which I would'nt normally of heard of. Buy this book I would give it more stars if i could. What a great author.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant and Intriguing Read!, 4 Aug 2012
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
This is a bone-chilling book that will leave you breathless and simply stunned. Sadie, the heroine of the novel, struggles to comprehend the mysterious disappearance of her strangely quiet son and the terrifying decision she has to make in order to save him...a compelling plot which catches you off guard and keeps you on edge until the very last page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Children of the fog, 18 Mar 2012
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
WOW!! What a fabulous book, I couldnt put it down. The reader goes through a whole set of emotions from feeling the loss that Sadie feels ( I actually had a tear or two!!), right through to hatred of 'The Fog'. This has to be one of the best books I have read in a long time, what a rollercoaster!!Excellent storyline from start to finish. Praise for Cheryl Kaye Tardif whos descriptions from scenery to characters is exceptional.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!!, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
I must say I really enjoyed this book. The plot was well thought out and kept you wondering right the way through. My emotions were on a roller coaster ride....one minute I was smiling the next trying to read through tears. I downloaded this as a free book, I would have gladly paid for it.....the best book I have read in a very long time. I will certainly keep a look out for this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Free Read, 5 Mar 2013
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
This book is a real page turner, the plot is easy to follow but you cant guess what will be happening next. Sadie is mother to 5 year old Sam who is able to but will not talk. For months children are disappearing always on a foggy night and the kidnapper is nicknamed the fog. One night Sadie hears a noise coming from her son room and on entering she comes face to face with 'the fog'. After a fight she agrees that the fog can take her son. Sadie decides that after her son is kidnapped and her husband is jailed she sells the family home and gets into the car and drives. Eventually she arrives at a cabin in the woods and this is not the new beginning she was looking for just the start of another nightmare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Children Of The Fog, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
WOW! You HAVE to get this book!! A REAL page turner. Characters are very very believable and every part of the story just draws you in for more. I would want to meet Sadie and hug her!
Please do read "Children Of The Fog". You will not be disappointed!!!
I am now on to Cheryl's "next" book (for me)......"Whale Song".

Steve.......

5.0 out of 5 stars Not my usual read but I loved it!, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
After reading "Whale Song", which I loved, I decided to have a go at this although the synopsis showed it's not my usual genre. I have to say it was brilliant! The prologue sets it up brilliantly and kept me reading. Don't read in bed with the lights down low though!! It's easy to like the main character and identify with the "do anything for the one you love" mentality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Edge of the seat, 2 April 2012
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
Downloaded when it was free and what a brilliant find. Sweep up in the story with characters you can get your teeth into. twist and turns til the end

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ THIS BOOK *****, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
This is the best book I have read in a long time.
Once I started it I could not put it down and finished it in one sitting (good job I had the day off work)!!
Cheryl Kaye Tardif you are a genius!

3.0 out of 5 stars cliche after cliche, 20 May 2012
Gillian (Llandrindod Wells, Powys ,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Children of the Fog (Kindle Edition)
This book certainly kept me turning the pages but after a while it was only to see how many more cliches the author could cram into this (as it turned out) short book. It didn't help that it was the 2nd book I'd read in a week where a child became mute - not a good start. The main character had so many things happen to her I'm surprised her clothes didn't keep falling off. In the end I was laughing out loud when she yet again stumbled at a crucial time.

The most annoying thing was that the book ended when my Kindle showed only 57% completed, the rest being made up with promotion for another book. This is unforgiveable.

Children of the Fog