Firstly, I never saw this old Western TV Series on Television during it's original Run about the formation in 1901 of a Law Enforcement Organization known as the Arizona Rangers, as I don't re-call that this Series was ever shown here in the UK.
However, being a TV Western buff I decided to give this Series a go, and to my surprise I found that this old Black & White TV Western Series of approx: 25 minutes episodes in duration to be somewhat quite entertaining with good Story Line's as taken from the original Files of the Arizona Rangers, where at the start of each episode we are informed in writing that the "Names have been changed to protect the innocent", which rather reminds me of what we were treated to in person at the beginning of every episode of the old Jack Webb ( as: Joe Friday ), in TV's Dragnet Series.

This TV Western Series reminds us that there was another group of "Rangers" keeping Law & Orders during the turn of 20th Century, beside the more remembered "Texas" Rangers, and just like their counterparts they too had a hand in the taming of the Old West.

As the title saids this Western Series is based upon the original 26 Men, that made up the original troop of the Arizona Rangers, consisting of: a Captain ( played by: Tris Coffin ), a Lieutenant, four Sergeants and twenty Privates, ( along with and including a "New" Recruit in this Series played by: Kelo Henderson ).

In total, this is a 3 DVD BOXSET of 20 Stories, mainly in good watchable condition with a few minor exceptions due to the age of the Series, whereby in a couple of episodes there is some visual lines to be seen, but nevertheless this should not distract you from the Story - Line's.

Overall, the acting is also very good, and I will give this Series a 5 Star - Rating.

The 20 Episodes upon 3 Discs consist of:

Disc 1.
1. The Recruit.
2. Trade Me Deadly.
3. Border Incident.
4. Trouble at Pinnacle Peak.
5. House Devided.

2. Showdown.
3. Montezuma's Cave.
4. Scorpion.
5. The Wild Bunch.
6. The Bells of St. Thomas.
7. Brief Glory.

Disc 3.
1. The Slatler Brothers.
2. Idol in the Dust.
3. Manhunt.
4. Abondoned.
5. The Unwanted.
6. Incident at Yuma.

Total Running time, Approx: 515 Minutes. Released by: TMG.
on 11 March 2012
26 Men: 1957-1958 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

great to be able to see this series once again. Recording quality is very good considering the age of the series.
Have ordered many times from this company and there delivery window is spot on every time.
Price is great as many dvd sets sold over the counter are much more expensive.
So, if you want a good set of dvds at a fair price with delivery to match then I recomend this company.
Will be ordering from them again soon.
regards G Robinson
on 1 April 2013
Having enjoyed the radio exploits of the Texas Rangers, starring Joel McCrea (quite a few episodes available on Audible to download) and knowing my father's love of all series western, I ordered this, not knowing too much about it or indeed that Arizona had suffered from such lawlessness that just 26 men stood between the territory and anarchy, and did much to bring it toward statehood - so from a historical point of view, and the fact that the stories were drawn from real cases, made this a curiosity

It's a workmanlike tv western, with no frills, but is entertaining, informative and a bargain at the price

My one misgiving is the periodic male voice chorus - not content with the title song, we are also "treated" to blasts of song throughout the episodes. I'm all for authentic versions of old tv shows, but along with a similar treatment of another series - Wyatt Earp - I could happily lose the singing, apart from the title, which you can mostly tolerate for the sake of the contents inside either end of the show - so that is why I give it 4 stars, because it definitely bugs me!
on 29 January 2015
This is series which shouldn't work but does. The episodes were shot cheaply, the sound and picture quality fall below average and the minor casting, said to be hired locally, varies greatly but those are outweighed by the pluses. Tris Coffin, normally a villain, projects a quiet authority as the ranger captain. Kelo Henderson may not be comfortable with dialogue but he is an athletic second lead and his dexterity with a six gun in episodes 1 and 2 is worth the price alone. The "baddies" are played by well known regulars who know their trade (name your favourite villain and he's most likely been in at least one episode). But the surprising element is the script writing. It is tight, holds the attention and freshens up the usual plot lines.
Indeed, of the 20 episodes in this set, there is only one dud and it seems to have been while the stars were having a day or two off. Oh, and by the way, the series may be called 26 men but you will only see them in the opening and closing credits. I did say it was shot on a tight budget!
on 22 September 2013
I really enjoyed this DVD I'd never seen it before ,good stories and characters and a catchy theme song to.
on 18 June 2015
Another perfect distribution from Timeless Media Group 2011. I am in my 60s and this is the first time I have ever seen this series starring two actors I had never heard of before! TRIS COFFIN and KELO HENDERSON, however, in full screen presentation, I thoroughly enjoyed all 20 episodes although one never saw much of the other 24 men! I am glad I took the plunge and purchased this 3 DVD box set. The discs are not numbered 1-3 but have a 5 digit serial no 69625, 35 and 45, 69625 being disc no 1. A really good buy for western fans. Now I'm off to "Cheyenne" for the 3rd series.
on 16 June 2014
I love old westerns and the old tv westerns from the 50's in black and white have a special place as 26 Men exemplifies the era like no other.Should the genre ever make its' long-awaited return to the small screen, this series would be a great place to start.
on 30 September 2014
Just another cowboy series.hoped it would show the west at the turn of the century.it looked like every other western series with just two lead parts.dont need the other 24 rangers.quality is just about watchable even on my 4k.
on 20 December 2014
5. STAR DVD GOOD ENTERTAINING
on 26 September 2015
Again poor picture quality, but hope it makes a good Christmas present.