5.0 out of 5 stars Spot the difference
Spot the difference - alas, I didn't, not entirely my fault, Amazon!
Filling in your advance order form for Milos MEDITERRANEO, I believed this was a new CD the musician had made, following on from his excellent Milos THE GUITAR.
Published on 6 July 2011 by aismorienne

1.0 out of 5 stars spot the difference
I agree with musiclover's contribution, including the rating for the music. My own rating refers purely to Amazon's own performance. 'Mediterraneo' has 1 extra track ('Fandango') which is not on 'Guitar'. I asked Amazon the reason for them having re-labelled what amounts to an identical product, and whether 'Fandango' would be available as an individual download. Here...
Published on 9 July 2011 by humblestrummer

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot the difference, 6 July 2011
This review is from: Mediterraneo (Audio CD)
Spot the difference - alas, I didn't, not entirely my fault, Amazon!
When it (No 2) arrived, I quickly unpacked the cardboard container, had the usual struggle with the cellophane wrapper, finally got it off, only to discover that I had bought EXACTLY THE SAME CD as No 1!
Whose fault is that?
Amazon, I think you should have made it clear that THE GUITAR and MEDITERRANEO was the same CD, only difference being that the latter did not contain the Bonus DVD included in the package of the earlier product.
Me, I should have looked at what I received before taking off the wrapper, then at least I would have been able to return it...
The CD itself gets five stars, Milos's playing is so good as to make each piece a living, breathing creation, passionate or tender, it's as if you too are wandering over the scorched evening landscape, or remembering something magic with a sigh of longing, regret - who knows what... Technically he is superb too, so precise yet sounds entirely effortless.
This CD is so much superior to Summertime that is currently getting all the publicity and hype...
Shame, Amazon, about the naming confusion of Milos, I hope it does not damage his sales too much...

5.0 out of 5 stars Milos, 12 Sep 2011
This review is from: Mediterraneo (Audio CD)
The music is lovely however being a dummy I bought this and the one just titled just 'Milos'. They're the same music but the other one has a DVD in it. DOH!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive marketing, 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: Mediterraneo (Audio CD)
I agree that DGG is being deceptive in its marketing of a promising young artist. I hope that the record company will apologise to the many on-line purchasers for not making it clear that The Guitar and Mediterraneo were near identical products. I shall be more wary of DG promotions in the future. That said, I enjoyed this disc - the performance and the sound Mediterraneoand wish Milos well in a hopefully long career.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: Mediterraneo (Audio CD)
I saw Milos Karadaglic in concert recently and bought the CD on the strength of his excellent live performance. I wasn't disappointed. While many of the pieces are classical guitar "standards", his playing is fresh and bright. Along with Xuefei Yang, he is one of the best of the new generation of classical guitarists. I look forward to him tackling a wider repertoire on his next CDs.

4.0 out of 5 stars He draws from a diverse sonic color pallet, expansive yet simple.., 21 Jun 2011
Milos KaradagliŠ is 28.
At the age of 8 KaradagliŠ knew exactly what he wanted to do, play the guitar.
Winning his first national competition at age 11 and studying at the prestigious Royal Academy of Music in London at age 17, this rising star is signed and set to release his debut recording on the legendary Deutsche Grammophon label.
When one thinks of the finest classical guitarists ever names such as Segovia, Bream and John Williams immediately come to mind.
In 2005 Milos KaradagliŠ was awarded the Julian Bream Prize ( awarded by Bream himself ).
Just a hint of things to come.
"Mediterraneo" is far more than a showcase for the "greatest hits" of classical guitar literature.
This stellar release is an artistic triumph allowing KaradagliŠ to express his artistic genius along with his respect for his cultural heritage and influences growing up in the Balkans.
The material included ranges from arrangements of Spanish folk songs and the famous works of Granados to contemporary pieces by Mikis Theodorakis and the brilliant Italian guitarist-composer Carlo Domeniconi.
An intriguing aspect to "Mediterraneo" is that many of the pieces included were originally written for piano but sound completely natural on the guitar.
KaradagliŠ draws from a diverse sonic color pallet, expansive yet simple.
Milos KaradagliŠ is an artist that is comfortable in his own skin.
He understands his past, welcomes his future all while maintaining a humble sense of self and deep respect for his instrument and where it will lead him.
An artistic triumph. B Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Mediterraneo by Milos K, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Mediterraneo (Audio CD)
Milos's work is regularly plugged on Classicfm and I wanted readier access to his great guitar sound - hence the purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 5 April 2014
Catherine Brown (Isle of Man, British Isles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mediterraneo (Audio CD)
What a beautiful way this man has with his guitar. So expressive and tender. I'll get more of his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Milos, 11 April 2013
This review is from: Mediterraneo (Audio CD)
THis C.D. is fantistic my husband is a classic music lover and he is blown over by this . What more can you say Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars A great listen, 16 Dec 2012
This review is from: Mediterraneo (Audio CD)
I love Milos and his guitar interpretation of excellent well-known pieces. I also have his newer album, Latino. Simply beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfull, 14 Aug 2012
J. Murch "travel fan" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mediterraneo (Audio CD)
For me, this is the best playing of the genre I have ever heard. It is technically excellent and the effect is sublime - you may have guessed, I liked it!

ARRAY(0xa7235fa8)

Mediterraneo
Mediterraneo by Milos Karadaglic (Audio CD - 2011)