on 24 December 2011
Only four star because it was not a SAXBY branded product received as per the title. I actually received a transformer branded "HISPEK".

The delivery was excellent ordered on the 22nd December at 10:30am arrived on the 23rd December even the Royal Mail did not screw up. Top marks there.

The transformer although not branded SAXBY seems to be of reasonable quality and the box gave all the promised specifications and states guaranteed for 5 years. Have installed on a single 50w 12v down lighter. All is working fine at the moment, as for the longevity of this transformer time will tell.
on 20 December 2012
I originally bought 6 of which I have had to replace them by buying a further 6, todate none of the last 6 have failed
Since my last review all six have failed and are not the article advertised I was sent Hispec instead of Saxby
on 8 May 2015
I was struggling to find a suitable replacement for the failed (under kitchen cupboard lights) transformer unit and didn't relish the prospect of stripping out part of the kitchen to install new lighting. Bought this unit as it matched the specs of the failed one. So far it has performed very well and more importantly the wife is content again! Can fully recommend purchasing this product.
on 12 November 2014
Repalced the old transformer with these ones.Unfortunately,of the two that I replaced only one remains working after 2 weeks.The lights don't get used very often so I wonder if I have to investigate further or was it a bad transformer !
on 5 February 2014
I ordered this to replace a transformer in an Ikea lighting set which had failed (It was 12 years old)
Fitted the replacement very easily and the lights works as new.

A good prompt service.
on 25 February 2015
After buying a replacement dimmable transform that didn't work with my dimmer I saw the light and bought this and now have full set of working spot lights :-)... good price too.
on 16 October 2014
Easy to replace part at a low cost ,was surprised how easy it was to do safely
, saved me getting an electrician out for such a simple job
on 28 December 2013
Excellent, quick delivery, good value, easy to fit and worked perfectly. This was a lot cheaper to do than getting an electrician in to do it.
on 12 November 2015
Works a treat, smaller dimensions than other transformers which was what I needed, lights appear brighter and more crisp than the old one.
on 1 February 2014
Had these running without issue for 2 years now. Best bit is no buzz at all when dimmed. At this price you can not go wrong.