5.0 out of 5 stars Sybil DVD
Published on 27 Jun 2011 by Tracey

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
I love this film and have waited a long time to buy it after searching for many many months and was very disappointed to receive this only to find that when I watched it, it was very jerky, kept freezing and loosing sound. I had to keep taking it out of my DVD machine and re- inserting it and scrolling to where I had left off. Very disappointed!!!
Published 18 months ago by Sarah Lazare

5.0 out of 5 stars Sybil DVD, 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: Sybil (Two-Disc Special Edition) Joanne Woodward, Sally Field, Brad Davis (DVD) (Audio CD)
Very rare to be able to purchase a region 2 DVD of this moving film. I saw this originally on TV many years ago and it made such an impression on me, I longed to see it again. It has taken me over a year to source this DVD in the UK, and although the price was high, I just had to purchase it. Watching a young Sally Field playing such a complicated character just reminded me why I am still a huge fan of this actress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excited, 26 Feb 2013
Second time round, the CD arrived promptly and seems to be in excellent condition. Really looking forward to seeing it because I found the book fascinating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Film., 9 July 2012
Really looked forward to revisiting this film as watched it on video many years ago. It did not disappoint and I was once again impressed by the superb acting skills of Sally Field.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sybil, 22 Nov 2013
This true story was very well produced with an outstanding & profound performances from both Sally Fields & Joanne Woodward.

5.0 out of 5 stars sybil, 1 Oct 2013
best tv movie you will ever see sally field is outstanding in this movie it totally stands the test of time

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 17 Aug 2013
I love the movie. Well acted and very interesting! I was looking for this movie for years, so I was glad I found it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant performances from Sally Field and Joanne Woodward, 6 May 2013
*SPOILERS* I have watched Sally Field in the syrupy TV series "Brothers & Sisters" but hadn't realised what a talented actress she can be. In Sybil she plays a young woman who has developed multiple personalities as a way of coping with her terrifying childhood. Alone in New York she is isolated, poverty stricken and finding it increasingly more difficult to cope with hiding her mental illness. Joanne Woodward is equally brilliant as Dr Wilbur, Sybil's psychiatrist. Her compassionate performance is very convincing. This isn't an easy film to watch, especially as it is based on the true story of a woman named Shirley Mason. There were a couple of scenes where I had to look away. This story demonstrates the devastating consequences of adults turning a blind eye to child abuse. A brilliant and emotional film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sybil, 19 Mar 2013
Saw this film on tv years ago .taped it vhs watch it a number of times enjoyed every time then dvd cane in so now i can enjoy it again cant wait

5.0 out of 5 stars good promp delivery service, 24 May 2013
I enjoyed watching this again as it had been a very long time since I last saw this film. I was as good as I remembered it to be but be warned it is very disturbing at times and could be distressing to some people. Wonderfully acted by Sally field

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 30 May 2013