• Run

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.39

on 23 January 2014
This is a story of a family running from killers who have been infected by - who knows what. Each chapter cranks up the violence of the groups chasing our heros and just when you think things cannot get worse - they do. Nice descriptions of the inability of youth to appreciate danger and how helpless they are without mobile communication. This would have scored 5 stars had it not been for the beginning and end. There is insufficient explanation at the beginning of what has caused the problem and the ending is very weak - really Blake Crouch should be able to do better than this. However apart from that it is a gripping read that compels you to read the next chapter to see how they get out of each gradually worsening scenario.
on 22 May 2013
I loved the suspense of this book really thought the characters gelled and not my usual read. Going to buy his other books seldom have I read a book at three in the morning couldn't sleep with the suspense .
on 2 March 2012
Look forward to going to bed just to read this book - it's gritty and fast moving, complex characters, I'm 75% thru and have NO idea how it will end. Fantastic book - I've just got 4 more books from author!!
on 6 March 2012
From about 3 pages in, this book will have you hooked. Its been a while since i have read such a "page turner". I could NOT put this down, and when i had to (to go to work) i could not stop thinking about it. By halfway through i was starting to imagine this as a film. Its a little gruesome in places, and you will find yourself holding your breath or your body getting tense througout the entire book. There are palces that the story relaxes a little, so you can relax too-but once it steams ahead again-you go with it. The characters are believable and very likeable (even the teenager!)Im definatly keeping an eye out for this author! I cannot recommend this book enough! xx
on 19 March 2012
This has got to be one of my all time favourite books, I read it over 2 days while I was recovering from the flu, what a great way to escape feeling poorly. I was totally submerged in the story & the characters from the first few chapters & the further I read the more desperate I was to keep reading & find out what horrors lay ahead for the family. I found myself, time & again,wondering what I would do in such a crazy situation.
If you like a story that has you on the edge of your seat, holding your breath & gritting your teeth then you've got to buy this, worth every penny, you won't be disappointed it's an awesome read.
Blake, you're one amazing writer :)
on 2 October 2013
I bought this book because it was cheap and had loads of 5 star ratings.....why I really don't know. It starts off at a fast pace true enough....but within a few chapters I realised I was reading yet another tale about zombies or half of the US smitten by something which causes them to kill the other half. Usually, even if I'm not keen on a book I struggle on and finish it....but not this one. I just couldn't be bothered and gave up after about 50 pages.
If you want to read a really good novel in this genre try The Stand by Stephen King. He does it so much better.
And I've realised yet again that 5 star ratings don't count for much.....
on 14 September 2013
What happens when most of the world is out to get you? You Run.

In the main, I enjoyed this story. I read it in one day and felt the intensity of the characters as they get chased into the wilderness without food or much water.

The book doesn't really explain how things descended into such chaos in one day. It seems to be building up, yet the main characters are going about their business as normal until they have to run.

I also found the tense of the story a bit off. There would be statement sentences, then it would go into normal ones. I mostly got used to ignoring that.
on 1 September 2013
I found this a good read and quite fast paced. The violence was quite explicit which is to be expected by this author as I have sampled some of his other work, however this book seemed a little less violent than some of his other books. I actually prefer less violent books but do quite enjoy his writing style and so downloaded this book when I saw it was free. Of course like many of these types of apocalyptic books the plot is far fetched and the circumstances characters find themselves in are far too convenient. Still a good read if you can take a more gory story.
on 6 December 2013
With Jack Colclough, his wife Dee, daughter Naomi and son Cole running for their lives this book keeps you turning the page to follow the twist and turns that come there way. They fight to survive on their planet which has overnight changed for the worse. I won't say more than that...but suffice to say this book is written in a way you find you're on the journey with them...well written...I would have given it 5 stars had the ending had a bit more punch, just a little weak for me...given the story up until then I expected a cliffhanger finish - but still a fab read!
on 17 September 2012
Fast paced page turner about a family's fight/run for survival. Only giving 4 stars though, as I felt the ending was weak, but would still recommend.