5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star recommendation
I rate this Sony 3D AV Receiver 5* for the pure sound and visual experience.
Auto-Calibration microphone makes speaker set up so easy, ajusting for acustics of your room
speaker distance,impedance and speaker size etc. Individual speaker level which
was not possible with my previous amp. All the Cinema Digital sound you could wish for.
DTS HD Master...
Published 10 months ago by Mr Barsdell

2.0 out of 5 stars Great amp for the price
I bought this amp 18 months ago and I was very happy with it until it died on me suddenly so it was out of warrenty.... Hmmm....
Published 16 months ago by John CHASEMORE

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star recommendation, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Sony STR-DH520 7.1 Channel DH Series 3D A/V Receiver (Electronics)
I rate this Sony 3D AV Receiver 5* for the pure sound and visual experience.
speaker distance,impedance and speaker size etc. Individual speaker level which
DTS HD Master High resolution Sony Digital sound Studio - Dolby Prologic 11z.
in 7.1 surround sound 6.1and 5.1 selective speaker pattern ,your speaker positions
front and rear . I found it quite unique connectiing ps3 by hdmi to amp, sound and3d picture
to tv DTS HD sound without using optical connection as amp does both .
Excellent for music blueray,sky, Xbox . For the price its outstanding value for such an Excellent Audio&Visual experience

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 14 Aug 2013
Seriously an incredibly receiver. Definitely the best one that I have ever came across and most definitely worth the price. I highly advise to buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable Full HD 3D amplifier for a great price.., 11 Aug 2012
Iain West - See all my reviews
I upgraded from the Sony DN-1000 to this new amp and I'm so glad I did the sound quality is alot better and there are more sound formats to choose from, Dolby Prologic II Z sounds alot better than the previous format Dolby Prologic II X. Dolby have upgraded the format to suit the latest and greatest in 2 and 3D if you've got the cash upgrade it's worth it for the full 3D experience

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, i didnt know wot i wos missing, 3 Aug 2013
Watching movies, Playing playstation 3, Music everything is 7.1 x better. U have to hear it to belive it, but everytime i walk in the room its intense. Kids and I up jump at things we would have never done with just tv speakers. ACE product 10 out of 10

2.0 out of 5 stars Great amp for the price, 2 April 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars sony STR-DH520 7.1, 18 Jun 2013
This is an excellent piece of kit. I think this is a bargain price.
This amplifier rocks. Do not spend on expensive amps. This one does
the job decently.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony STR-DH520 7.1 3D AV receiver - now believed to have been discontiued by Sony but may still be available, 1 Jan 2014
toni2has (The Great North West of England) - See all my reviews
Took quite a time to set up the Sony STR-DH520 7.1 3D AV receiver following re-reading of on-line instructions from the Sony website and from information booklet supplied. I succeeded in connecting and using my existing wall mounted speakers from my former Sony DAV-DZ230/DZ231 DVD Home Theatre System with very good results. Please note Sony do not recommend use of these speakers. However, after several months of use I can confirm that I have had excellent results using the different sound output fields available with the STR-DH520. Ultimately the choice is yours if you are replacing an existing home theatre system - I recommend trying to use the existing speakers before buying replacements. The only item missing was a suitable sub-woofer but despite repeated emails to Sony they chose not to recommend a suitable speaker, which I regard as terrible customer service (!). Having sourced a suitable sub-woofer and after replacing the poor quality linking cable supplied with the STR-DH520, I can confirm the speaker system now operates brilliantly with great surround sound using the existing four surround and single front Sony speakers, together with good base outputs from the sub-woofer I purchased. This arrangement now makes use of the 7.1 (7 x speakers) recommended for the STR-DH520, which cleverly interprets the sound output, i.e. Dolby II, from HD TV, DVD player or digital satellite systems..

Initially problems were subsequently identified as being due to the poor quality linking cable to with

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain amp, 19 Dec 2013
Quick on delivery and the amp is brilliant i am very happy with my purchase i would defo recomend to anyone who wants a new amp and at a good price this is the one .........

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony 7.1 av 3d amp, 14 Nov 2013
would reconmend ..this is some Amp with the 4 Hdmi sockets plug in and play dvd sky /virgin box game consoles very happy with this product !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best., 31 Oct 2013
this is a truly fantastic amp the sound and power are only matched by the really low price.
I use it to power my home cinema system which recreates the surrond sound. better than the cinema.
playing my music also has more than enough power to do justice to the sound.
i would highly recommend this amp for true reproduction and fidelity.
mick cousins.