on 13 July 2013
Its quite complicated to operate VHs to Disc but the quality is quite good on the recording.
It seems good value for money
on 10 September 2013
This product is working on OLD technology. It is not possible to set a program to record from within the EPG without the unit switching off into standby when the timer button is pressed. This is the way VCR's used to operate in the 1980's. Failure to press the timer button results in NOTHING being recorded.

Considering we are all used to using Sky and Freeview +. This Toshiba device leaves a lot to be desired in the technology stakes.

I have been unable to delete a recording from the DVD using the menu system. So once again this device let's its self down dramatically. But maybe I am missing something.

Picture quality from tape and DVD playback is good enough as is the picture from the tv receiver.

Overall I am not impressed by this product from Toshiba in term of its out dated technology and its mode of operation.

Let's face it, you should be able to set a program to record without the entire unit having to switch off to facilitate this function.

The dubbing facility seems to operate satisfactorily.

There is no way of quickly moving down or up the EPG by using the Channel change buttons, which makes using the EPG very slow. Neither is there the ability to move forward 24 hours. A very out dated EPG.

Tape functions are equivalent to those you would have found on an early 1980's VCR . So nothing clever there either. However the tape player is quite quiet and smooth.

I may amend this review as my experience changes with use of this machine.

In conclusion I would say "Toshiba - you could do better".

I have discovered how to delete things from the DVD and now I have used it several times to copy things from tape to DVD - I have upgraded the item to 3 Stars
on 22 December 2013
Excellent product.Easy to set up and plays both dvds and videos perfectly.Haven't had time to try transfer of video to dvd but I'm sure that will work fine.
on 8 August 2013
Not many of these left and as I still use video tapes, it is great. This is the second one I have bought.
on 27 August 2013
When I ordered it, I didn't realise that it didn't include HDD recordings which is want I really wanted it for.
It has been returned.