Hello folks,

I have been an Acronis fan for the past 3-4 years and never had an issue with any of their products, and there off course has been many other peeps like me, or else Acronis would NOT be able to market this software if it was laiden with botches and bad code, which is not always the case...

This Software just about nipps another favourite I use on a couple of my other machines (NORTON GHOST 15), Anyways Acronis Backup & Security 2011 (PC) Its great but, does take a little experience with working with PCs aka: Computers with Windows OS for a few years... its like anything in life, you haver to learn to walk before you can run... This is backup software, and not recommended for rock solid beginners, as "beginners find faults with everything". True just google those words.!

I say this because previous versions of this programme last year was blown out of proportion with neg reviews buy some folks who quite frankly did NOT have a grasp of the 2010/11 Programme - and I must say I was vexed to read some of the incomprehensible reviews...

Moving on, anyone who had any issue with 2010/11 version need not worry if you're complaints were genuine no matter what they were, as Acronis engineers have been working over time (Blood sweat & tears), and according to PC mags I buy monthly, Acronis latest version: Acronis Backup & Security 2011 (PC)(Just released March 20th 2011 is secure and any bugs fixed. (Tho, I never encountered any bugs myself).

The engine has been transformed from ground up with enhanced support for Win 7 64bit as well as Win 7 32bit, XP & Vista.

I could not sit here and write this review if I did not believe in it, I would not be writing, please take a chance and a leap of faith, because in my opinion Acronis pips Norton Ghost 15 to the line by more than a few heads.

I use an eSata external disk drive backup which speeds up things many times faster than simple USB 2.0 - however, if your fortunate you can always use USB 3.0 if your lucky to have a new PC or new motherboard with this USB 3.O option 10x times faster than USB 2.0'

I mention this because if you have a large 1-2TB drive to clone or backup.. speed is very important, hence your choice of drive "must forget USB 2.0" not unless your using a small laptop hard drive, (which is fine). However Desktop users eSata or USB 3.0 - you may say that's not you, well here on Amazon you can by a (NEC USB 3.0 PCI / PCI-E card), for small money which with give will give you an Extra 2-4 ports. (which can be used with al USB 2 and 3 versions, as 3.0 is backwards compatible).

In closing this version of Acronis Backup & Security 2011 (PC) "March 2011 version", is sure to be a hit with most people who know how to use it, it does come with instructions, but the GUI is very explanatory and intuitive.

Thanks for reading...

if you thought my review was helpful, please Kindly CLICK Yes! - cheers! David :)
on 14 April 2014
This is probably the best version of Acronis for general backup.

It has all the main features for backup, without all the bloatware of the more recent releases.

Shame that they have moved onto bigger and better things.