5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!
Published on 18 Nov 2011 by N. Harley

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Quality
Arrived very promptly, appear to be well made, however are slightly bigger than their UK stated size.
Comfy to walk in .. all you could want in a pair of shoes.
Published on 17 Jan 2012 by snedex

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!, 18 Nov 2011
N. Harley "nj_001" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
I paid 24 for these in October 2011 and for that price they're excellent... comfortable, light and great for walking in. I'm not too bothered about them not being totally waterproof but so far my feet haven't got wet even when I've been out during a downpour. As long as they don't fall apart too quickly I'd recommend them to anyone who wants to walk a lot and so far no complaints from me.

I gave them 5 Stars due to the shoe and the price. If I had paid much more than 40 they would have got 4 Stars

4.0 out of 5 stars big for their size, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: Karrimor Men's Traveller Supa Walking Shoe (Apparel)
The shoes are very comfortable and very nice but they are very big for their size.For their price is great!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Quality, 17 Jan 2012
Comfy to walk in .. all you could want in a pair of shoes.
That's when it all started going wrong, the in/mid sole is not actually attached securely to the out-sole or in fact the rest of the shoe. This causes it to move and eventually creep out the back of the shoe at the heel causing discomfort. Nearly impossible to reseat the moving sole properly to prevent it moving again.
Unfortunately this seems to be the norm with Karrimoor. I had owned a pair of boots in the past and bought these hoping this was a one-off, sadly same problem. Would not recommend buying and two stars because despite the major flaw the rest of the shoe is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice new shoes, 13 Nov 2011
This was my first try at buying shoes by computer. Very pleased with them. Delivery was not too long and free! A lot cheaper than in the high street and exactly the same quality. I particularly like this type of shoe from Karrimore. This is my second pair. the first lasted ages so I hope these will too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product at great price - but they have worn out very quickly, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Karrimor Men's Traveller Supa Walking Shoe (Apparel)
Really pleased with these walking shoes as I was a bit wary about buying them. I usually buy Merrel shoes but needed a pair of low price everyday walking shoes. The shoes seem to be very well made and have great grip and most importantly are very comfortable to wear. They took very little wearing in but have not yet tested them on a long walk over rough terrain. I have recently seen the same shoes on sale in a major outdoor brand store at twice the price so all in all I think I have done well and they are very good value for money. Delivery time was excellent and well within time stated
I have had the shoes for under a year now and only wear them occasionally. They are still comfy and the uppers are fine, but I have just noticed that the heels have worn through to the inner material and that the rubber sole is breaking down. Considering the amount of miles I do in them this is very disappointing and they will be going in the bin shortly. Just goes to show you only get what you pay for and it's back to Merrels for me.
I contacted the manufacturers and they said that they are covered by 12 month guarantee and to contact Amazon. I did this, although the link is hard to find to do so, and to their credit they have immediately replaced them FOC and sent within 49 hours, plus provided a free returns label. Now this is the interesting bit. The new shoes are quite clearly better than the originals. They have a slightly higher back to the shoe, a better insole and most importantly different rubber for the sole. It seems better quality altogether, not 'vulcanised' like the original which is very firm yet brittle. Time will tell but they seem all over a much better product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very short lifetime..., 8 Oct 2012
I bought 2 pairs and have been alternating between them for for 5 months. They have now both disintegrated.

When New
-Not very water resistant
-The insoles creep and are of poor quality
-Poor support
-Inadequate strength in soles for walking over rough terrain (I.e. you can feel stones painfully through them).

After 2.5 months of wear
-Colour has faded considerably
-The soles have worn completely through in 2 places
-The soles have split away from the main shoe at the toes on 2 shoes and at the side on two
-All traces of water resistance are gone (standing on wet concrete results in wet socks in minutes)

...I formerly had a single pair of Karrimor Dartmoors which I wore for 2 years under the same conditions and use. That pair is now back on my feet, and is in better shape than the new ones after 2.5 months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very light and comfy. Terrific value., 13 Jan 2012
Well, I've given them a couple of weeks before writing this review... And - it's all good!

First thing I noticed is that they're pretty light, which is good as I intend to use these as everyday wear. Next thing is that they are a nice cosseting fit whilst not being too tight. 'Fits like a glove' should give you the idea. Much of this is, I guess, down to the fact that they are made using a lot of soft textile material rather than 100% thick leather.

I had some concerns about sizing as I've bought a different model Karrimor before (I can't remember the model, but it was a much more rugged hiking shoe made from stiff leather) which was also a size 10 and caused my big toe some major discomfort. As my feet are very slightly over a 10, it's always a dilemma as to which size to plum for - 10 or 11's (since 10.5 rarely exist). However, I took the risk of a 10 here since one reviewer suggested that they were a generous sizing. Well, I'm pleased to report that my toes have a nice amount of wriggle-room, and they fit just fine and dandy.

Since buying them they've been over fields, down gravel paths, over rocks and boulders, across sandy beaches and have also covered quite a few miles on good ol' tarmac and concrete. I really like them! They give you the feeling you could walk for miles.

At this discounted price they are a steal. But, an RRP of 80? I don't think so... I really don't like this kind of misleading twaddle.

Anyways, grab 'em at this price pdq!

ONE MONTH ON... and these are still very comfy and are virtually my daily wear. A couple of small issues; the first is the the laces are forever undoing themselves (and I positively refuse to double-knot...) and I've noticed the rubber toe cover on one shoe has begun to peel away - this has had to be re-glued. That was disappointing.

TWENTY MONTHS ON... with them having been virtually daily wear (shared with Karrimor sandals during summer...). They have finally worn through the soles, and the front rubber 'kick covers' are beginning to peel. They are now my 'work' shoes - I put them on when scrabbling under the car to do repairs and stuff! LOVED them, and I'll be buying another pair as long as the price doesn't crawl much over 20-odd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Soles wear out VERY quickly, 27 Sep 2013
I bought these in May 2013 from Sports Direct, who I believe also market under the Karrimor company name. I have since found out that the once great Karrimor brand was bought by Sports Direct a few years ago when the company went bust. They now manufacture inferior products with the Karrimor label.
Delivery was quick and the shoes themselves were very comfortable. One of the lace loops broke as soon as I pulled the laces tight the first time, but a bit of needle and thread sorted that out quicker than sending the product back.
The shoes were great, for about 3 months. By then the soles were getting quite thin. A month later and they were worn completely through in places and so thin elsewhere that it was painful to use them.
I walk a lot, and the 3 months probably covered about 350 miles on woodland and heathland walks (i.e. not scrambling over rocks!). If these were just cheap trainer shoes from Primark, I'd have probably been ok with them only lasting 3-4 months. But they are marketed as walking shoes, so I would expect much more life than this. Other shoes/boots I have bought for a similar price have lasted a year or more.
I did try to ask Sports Direct if this was a normal lifetime for this shoe, and to see if they would refund or replace them under the sale of goods act (not being fit for purpose). They were very unhelpful. If I'd paid more then I would pursue it further but I'll just write it off as a bad buying decision. I've since bought some (more expensive) Merrels from another company, and so far they are going well.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 months my husband had these walking shoes., 27 Sep 2013
I bought these shoes for my husband birthday which was the 21st of july 2013 and already they have a hole in the sole (27th September 2013). I bought these shoes as I thought they were WALKING shoes, i may as well gone to shoes zone and bought a pair of 10.00 pair of trainers. I do have to say the delivery and everything before hand was great and just have a problem with the product. but i guess you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blessed relief for blistered feet., 11 July 2012
A. Colquhoun "Talented amateur" (Tyne and Wear, England) - See all my reviews
Let me outright say I'm not a rambler, walker, hiker or trecker. I've never owned a pair of walking shoes or boots before. Simply, I walk my dogs through fields a couple of miles a day and I've been a martyr to blisters, stubbornly slogging away in standard trainers for a while now. I'm not getting any younger so something needed to be done. I wasn't prepared to pay out a fortune on a pair of 'go faster stripes, bells and whistles superbranded walking shoes' for my level of need but I still wanted something of recognised quality and fit for purpose. So even I in my limited knowledge knew of the Karrimor brand and so plumped for these. There is no evidence of extreme craftsmenship with this shoe, no indication of handsewn stitching, more a feeling of mass-produced factory assembled in a far Eastern country knock-outs. Fine (you gets what you pays for) - how do they feel and more importantly, how do they perform?
They are a lightweight shoe and this transforms through into their 'wearability' - putting them on I felt like I was walking on air - beautiful. Comfortable and spacious (to allow for extra thick socks presumably) and so far have performed admirably and blisters are now a distant memory. One star striking off point however, their water-tightness is on the poor side succumbing quite easily to rainy fields and like I have done, might require a water-proofing spray treatment. So overall, excellent for light, dog walking duties.