5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and hard wearing
As a geography student these are an essential for field trips, the boots are extremely comfortable and do not have to be broken in like most boots do. Have worn these almost everyday for the last 4 months and they're still in great condition.
Published on 29 Aug. 2011 by Rozi11

2.0 out of 5 stars They don't last
I recently bought a pair of Peter Storm walking boots from Millets which lasted just over a month before they wore out. I then bought a pair of Hi-Tecs from a local shop which rubbed three blisters on the first walk even though they seemed fine in the shop (boots shouldn't need a 'breaking in' period). After reading some reviews I decided on this pair of boots. They...
Published on 18 Aug. 2011 by A reviewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots!, 31 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Karrimor Women's Bodmin Mid II Weathertite Walking Boot (Apparel)
I have wide feet, so it normally takes a while for me to break in new shoes. But these were great straight out of the box. They're light, warm and very, very comfortable. I found them an ideal fit in my normal size.
During five wet and very muddy days camping at a music festival they kept my feet dry, and are light and small enough to dance in! These boots are very easy to clean, and after a quick brush off looked as good as new. Very pleased with these, especially at the price. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable boots but useless on ice, 11 Dec. 2011
I bought these boots thinking they would be good for the snow and ice - wrong - they are very comfortable to wear and I ordered my usual size and they fit well, however they are slippy on the smallest bit of snow of frost or black ice as I found out. I thought the sole might prevent slipping but it does not. So, I will use them for walking when its raining out, since I have worn them and can't now send them back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 28 Aug. 2011
I bought these boots a day before my walking holiday in Meribel, they were perfect! No blisters and very comfortable excellent boots for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars My third pair, 27 Aug. 2011
The title says it all. I love these boots. I use them for walking my dog through the local fields. They keep my feet warm and dry.

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT WATERPROOF AS DESCRIBED!, 17 July 2011
Great service on delivery, very comfortable to wear as long as its dry, after 4 weeks of wear these boots now let in water through the allegedly waterproof fabric, now i am trying to decide if its worth going through faulty goods returns and risk being charged postage and costs if amazon don't agree that i have a valid claim or to just cut my losses and stop ordering shoes online as it is a pain in the rear to get your money back, at least in the high street you can go back to the actual shop in person and speak to someone face to face.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not such a bargain, 1 Nov. 2011
I'd looked at these boots some time ago and then was delighted to see them in the sale at £24.99. After wearing them approximately seven times, for about an hour each time, one of the eyelets became detached and couldn't be fitted back in. Amazon were brilliant and replaced them immediately without quibble. The second pair were not water-tight. Walking in dew-soaked grass first thing one morning resulted in my feet getting so wet I could wring my socks out. The water seeped in where the upper met the sole. I decided not to risk a third pair.

3.0 out of 5 stars walking boot that was more of a trainer, 16 Sept. 2011
I was very pleased with these when I first received them - they appeared well made, supported my ankles and were very comfortable to wear (no breaking in period). However, when I took them on my first proper walking holiday to the lake district 2 weeks later, I discovered that they were not particuarly waterproof - after half an hour of walking through damp grass and slightly boggy terrain, they let water in. I followed the manufacturers instructions to dry them by putting newspaper inside - and to be fair this did seem to draw out the worst of the damp over a 24 hr period, but they were nowhere near as good as my husband's leather hi-tec boots which were of a similar price.

If you want a casual walking shoe for dry summer walks then this is fine. If like me, you were hoping to use them for some more serious walking in variable weather conditions then I would give them a miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket!, 5 Sept. 2011
Arrived promptly. These boots are perfect, they fit well for a wide-footed person like myself. The water-proofing is excellent and my feet stay dry despite the very heavy rain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 3 Sept. 2011
I found these boots to be sturdy and comfortable. I bought my regular shoe size, which is just right with hiking socks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but NOT waterproof!, 6 May 2012
Tony (Saltash, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
I bought Karrimor boots for myself and my partner back in January and I returned mine after 3 days as they were not waterproof.
Today my wife wore these whilst we walked the dog through damp grass and when we got home her feet were soaking wet whilst mine were dry inside my Berghaus boots that replaced the Karrimoor ones in January.
Having spoken to Amazon they will pay for them to be returned and refunded (excellent customer service as always).
If you never walk anywhere that is slightly damp then these boots are very comfortable but for the real world of walking in the UK then avoid Karrimoor boots at all costs. Unless of course you enjoy the feel of soggy feet slopping inside wet boots!
As has been stated many times before, you get what you pay for.

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›