4.0 out of 5 stars good product, great price
a lot of reviews give size issues, these were size 6 ordered to fit a size 6 and were a great fit with room to wear thick socks, a very comfortable shoe, not worn in bad weather conditions yet but were waterproof in damp and slightly muddy paths, cleaned up well and look great, at this price you can't go wrong
Published on 6 Jun. 2011 by kev

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I waanted
Published on 7 Aug. 2011 by purplegoffer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I waanted, 7 Aug. 2011
These shoes looked brilliant in the description and the price was really good so I went for them. They are very light to wear although not very flexible, but the worst thing for me is the sole material. I am not very steady on my pins and do not need any help to fall over. Unfortunately the soles are very slippery when on a wet surface. They are also inclined to slip off the pedals when I am driving. They have been relegated to use in the garden only.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a hiking shoe! A leisure shoe only., 14 Jun. 2010
Comical Engineer "comicaleng" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought a pair of these in the expectation of being able to use them for general hill walking. Quite frankly, calling these hiking shoes is a serious breach of the trade descriptions act - reasons as follows:

* Blue suede uppers mark & stain very easily - will last about 10 minutes. Mine stained on the first day
* Not waterproof! Soak up water unless sprayed with wate repellant
* Very thin sole - totally unsuitable for walking on gravel / stones
* Good grip from front of sole but smooth tread on heel - a total liability for going downhill especially on wet grass or mud
* Very comfortable on the foot - like wearing slippers and provide only slightly more protection

Summary: These are LEISURE SHOES suitable for walking on pavement or nipping out to the shops. They are totally unsuitable for any moderately serious exercise.

If you want a good walking shoe at a similar price I would strongly recommend the Grisport Dartmoor.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, great price, 6 Jun. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars walking shoe, 10 Jun. 2011
Bought these for my wife who would like to start walking to keep fit.After a few weeks walking she finds them very comfortable and would highly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor Hiking Shoe, 18 Mar. 2010
Mr. M. James "SwindonCanary" (England) - See all my reviews
Love these shoes, as casual wear with jeans.
Would have given it 5 stars but, BEWARE OF SIZING - looking at other reviews, I decided to order size 8 even tho' my size is 7 -71/2 and it turned out to be a perfect fit !

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 29 July 2011
Very neat walking shoe at a great price. Please note that I am a normal UK size 6 however I found these two big and had to re-order a UK size 5. Very prompt delivery both times and the free returns made the online shopping process hassle free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 20 Feb. 2010
Ellie (North of England) - See all my reviews
I have bought two pairs of these shoes and found them both great. Recommended them to a friend who bought a pair and his comment was it was like walking the dog in slippers...sooo comfortable. My first pair are getting well worn now so am going to order another pair. Waterproof comfortable and great value for money :))

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant shoe, 11 Aug. 2011
I bought these shoes to replace my last pair of Karrimor shoes. They are really comfortable and are a perfect fit. I always wear them instead of leather shoes as they are so comfortable. I ordered my usual size as I knew they would fit. This is the 3rd pair of Karrimor's I have bought and not been disappointed by any of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars soles too thin, 14 Aug. 2011
Although these felt fine when I tried them on at home, the soles are very lightweight and not comfortable for walking on stony or rocky terrain. They are certainly a generous fit too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor Traveller - Keep it simple., 13 Oct. 2010
I've had a pair for about 9 months and they are a really comfortable and good looking casual trainer and that is what I use them for, out and about town, not hiking - I have goretex boots for that. Anyone buying these thinking they will be good for going 'off road' will, I think, be disappointed - the look and feel alone tells you they are not for that - but anyone wanting an attractive, light, casual shoe will, I imagine, be very pleased. I will certainly buy another pair when mine get old and at 20 quid a pair I think they are a bargain. As for sizing, I'm a 9, I bought a 9 and they fitted me fine.