Size: 10 UK|Colour: Dark Brown|Change

on 12 January 2013
These boots leaked on their first outing. I returned them to the retailer and was given a new pair. The replacement boots also leaked. Furthermore, after just a few days of use the rubber sole became unstuck from the stiff footbed and soon became shredded. The soles may be made of Vibram rubber but they are extremely thin. The boots were unfit to use after less than 100 miles of walking. I won't be buying Karrimor boots again.
on 12 August 2011
Just had my Karrimoor Coniston boots delivered and i'm very sad. these are my second pair, the first have lasted 2 years and have been brilliant, they've started to leek now so i wanted to replace them. they've done 2000 miles walking plus get a regular battering when i ride my motorbike. However the new pair are not the same boot at all. superficially they look very similar but they are a much cheaper version of the origanal. the soles are no where near as rigid, i can feel every stone and bump when i walk, the feel is the same as you would get from a cheap pair of trainers. the leather on the uppers seems much cheaper too, i'm hoping that they will break in ok, but i'm not holding my breath. I'm walikng the Herriot Way in a month so i think i may have to ditch these cheapies and get a proper pair.

as i say a very sad day, and it appears the stories are true Karrimoor is a very pale imitation of it's old self, sold out to generate a quick profit. i won't be spending any more money with them, Brasher here i come.
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 June 2011
Bought these in March this year but have now worn through the internal lining and foot bed.
Karrimor used to be a name in outdoor gear but sadly they no longer manufacture to the same quality as they used to.
Don't believe the price reduction as this no way reflects the quality of these boots.
They offer no support to your feet and leaked water from the first time I put them on.
Have now returned them but if I receive a replacement I think I will put them up for sale.
Some less scrupulous on-line traders have these advertised as 3-4 season boots. 3-4 season boots are crampon compatible but these have way too much flex for this use.
on 1 March 2012
These boots are great, i'm traing for Nijmegen Marches and they are the most comfortable boots i have ever. They only needed one walk to break them in. I would recomend these to anyone.
on 6 October 2011
As other reviewers have noted, these are not the same boots that carried the name a couple of years ago, but a cheap imitation.
The Karrimor brand is now owned by Sports Direct, who specialise in producing budget items, of the quality that you would associate with the price.
I covered more than 1,400 miles in my previous pair, but these are just fit to be put away for undemanding fine weather walking - the soles provide little insulation from rough ground, the footbeds are poorly cut, and there is some peculiar stiffening in the sides of the heel that seems to slide around.
Generally, a very shoddy product.
on 16 January 2014
i chose to rate this karrimor mens coniston ksb with one star because of the poor quality of construction.
the product was promptly delivered by amazon on 2/1/14.
i wore the boots to break them in over the first week for 2-4 mile walks in dry areas.
the following week wore them in wet areas, through puddles and wet grass.
i found that they were leaking at the seam between boot and stiching/glue to the sole.
socks wet at these points inside the boot.
i had a pair of these boots around 4 years ago and thought that my current purchase would match the quality and wearability..not so..seems to be poorly manufactured now with this current model.
the boots also less comfortable withpoor footbed.
i explained all this today with amazon using their online chat. everything resolved. will be returning boots for full refund. excellent customer service in this instance.
i have a feeling that the karrimor brand does not now measure up to quality....now jdsports?
anyway these are my personal thoughts and experience with this purchase.
Disappointed of Isleworth!
on 30 October 2012
After two weeks:
Lace eyelets started breaking away.
Soles started becoming detached from the upper.

The grip was so bad that it caused me severe injury with multiple slips.

I have never had such a poor walking shoe, including budget tkMax no-brand types.
on 20 July 2012
I don't have any rose-coloured memories about this product's grand-pappy so I can only speak about the current version.

I have wide feet (9G). These fit better than anything else I tried on in the shops including many far more expensive alternatives.

My first walk with them was 6 hours in Wales with plenty of wet bog, some scrabbling, some decent elevation, and lots of fast rocky trail.

They were great from the get-go with not a blister or drop of leaking in sight.

I can't yet comment on the longevity, but they seem to be built fine.

The comments about the sole quality deteriorating compared to previous models seem exceedingly unlikely given that they are using Vibram, whom I doubt produce any garbage even at lower price points.

The only comment I would make is that if you like to lace the uppers tight for support, the top hooked eyelet is a bit low so it is difficult to really compress them around your upper ankle.

I like my boots a bit loose up here so this suits me fine, but if you like a 'tight top' these may not be for you. Also I imagine in the pouring rain they may require gaiters before a tighter-topped boot.
on 27 April 2013
I have bought several pairs of these boots over the years, I wear them daily whether walking the dogs or working or just going about daily. comfortable and get well worn, worth the money.
on 15 December 2013
Perfectly waterproof and comfortable, the reviews I read on this item completely justifies its purchase. I wear them regularly and cover an average of 15 miles a week. Although the soles are showing signs of wear I have the confidence to use them on a walk of Hadrians Wall (85 miles) which I plan to do in April 2014.
Soton