5.0 out of 5 stars Drum n bass jazz for the future,ingenious and intense.
A beautifully constructed album which launches you on a journey into an altered, twisted,musical world .Sinister washes of sound, badass breakbeats and killer basslines,Amon Tobin has taken drum n bass to a new level,bridging the gap between intelligent jungle and the darker horrorcore sound of the early days.
Published on 16 Aug. 2001 by pinewoodcolour@aol.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Drum & bass ruins otherwise good album
Published on 10 July 2011 by Marchespie

5.0 out of 5 stars Drum n bass jazz for the future,ingenious and intense., 16 Aug. 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars Debut for Ninja Tunes� Finest, 29 Mar. 2005
Labal (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bricolage (Audio CD)
Amon Tobin's first album for Ninja Tunes fuses Jazz craziness with thoughtful jungle style rhythms.
'Stoney Street' is an excellent opener, a more laid back sound that helps to show off some of the wilder beats and breaks of the album. 'Yasawas' introduces us to Amon's darker side, which he explores far more in later offerings, but for me it is on of his best tunes. Other high points include the manic 'Creatures' and 'Chomp Samba' and the more atmospheric 'Wires and Snakes.'
Although he occasionally loses a bit of direction, this can be forgiven on such a long and exploratory album, and as a whole 'Bricolage' is a consistently engaging and very enjoyable listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars On another level altogether, 10 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Bricolage (Audio CD)
This is one of the most fascinating, absorbing and amazing records ever made in my opinion. Perhaps I'll comment more fully in due course, but for now, I'll just say that if you're considering buying this, go ahead! I can't imagine anyone who's interested in electronic music being anything other than delighted with their purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars The musical genius of the 21st century., 6 May 2005
This review is from: Bricolage (Audio CD)
Amon Tobin is absolutely, unbelievably fantastic. I urge you to acquire his stuff. If you're a music fan and a music player, this is for you. I wrote this review purely to counter the negative one below me: mate, by the sounds of it YOU don't have any rhythm - Amon is the king of pulse. I am just continually amazed by every song I hear by this guy, I listen to them all from the start to finish... Can I end by saying that Amon Tobin and perfection go hand in hand?
Totally original, top-class beats, relaxing, mind-blowing...

3.0 out of 5 stars Drum & bass ruins otherwise good album, 10 July 2011
This review is from: Bricolage (Audio CD)
Ninja Tune have been putting out consistently excellent music over the past 15 years or so. It's the kind of record label that is more or less a guarantee of quality and consistency. I was surprised to find recently that Amon Tobin is their biggest selling artist, so I thought I'd start at the beginning with him and work my way forward. Perhaps a mistake, as this 1997 album is peppered thoughout with the irksome clattering of drum & bass, which for me ruins every track it appears on (and it's most of them...). I always thought drum & bass to be the least entertaining genre to emerge from the fag-end of the 90's dance boom. Where Tobin takes his finger off the D&B button, there's some more musical - and very enjoyable- material here, but as an album, it's not for me. So, a warning: Tobin is not quite typical of other Ninja Tune artists. If you like Drum & Bass, you may well like it - otherwise not!

4.0 out of 5 stars definately worth a listen, 9 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Bricolage (Audio CD)
I had noticed that a lot of my cds were from the same labels and so i wanted to inject a bit of fresh blood. After editing my recommendations on amazon this was suggested and i am glad it was.
I suppose comparisons can be made to squarepusher but i find Tobin more hip/hop and less in your face that mr jenkinson. that is not to say this is a weak release, far from it, just a different approach. I am in the process of collecting his back catalog. so, yawn, if you like the Warp and Rephlex output then i suggest you give this a spin.

1.0 out of 5 stars cost??!?!? Outrageous!, 5 Jan. 2009
Mr. R. D. Andrews "SuperHanz" (West Mids Massive) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bricolage (Audio CD)
Er, can somebody please explain why this copy of Bricolage is so expensive? I do own a copy of this album already, and that cost a lot less than this one. Is it signed or does it contain a lock of the Tobin's hair? if so i want it but not to the tune of nearly a Ton! Is the cd pressed by the thighs of young virgins or blessed by Mary Magdelene?

Thankyou,
I'll take my bow now.....

Bricolage