5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the others - this is an amazing album!
Published on 10 April 2011 by Mr. Oliver Watson

3.0 out of 5 stars good cd
good selection of current hit songs she has had. cd just the right length. my 2 daughters love dancing too it over and over again!!!
Published on 20 Aug 2011 by Katheryn L. Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the others - this is an amazing album!, 10 April 2011
Mr. Oliver Watson "Ollie :)" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
I bought this album, after loving the lead single "Poison" that was released late last year and hearing "Don't Hold Your Breath" in the charts a few weeks before, not really sure what to expect. Having never been a huge Pussycat Dolls fan I took a risk buying Killer Love - mainly because I loved Nicole on The X Factor and really hoped her music would be as nice as she appeared to be! After thoroughly listening through the album numerous times now I absolutely love it!

The album is made up of touching ballads and powerful pop songs almost at a 50/50 balance - my only criticism is that they're not very well interspersed and it seems to be that the first part of the album is very pop-orientated and then the second is mostly ballads. Despite what people are saying my favourite track has to be "Power's Out" featuring Sting! Their voices blend really well together and the song raises the hairs on my neck! There are a couple of tracks that I'm not a massive fan of but I don't believe they detract much from the album and it still deserves 5 stars.

My highlights of the album are : "Power's Out" the duet with Sting, "AmenJena" a touching ballad which showcases Scherzinger's vocal ability, "You Will Be Loved" a pop/ballad track that carries a great message, "Don't Hold Your Breath" a great track that's so easy to listen to, and "Desperate" which just sounds great!

All in all - definitely worth a buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars It`s a killer album., 24 Nov 2011
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
This album is very great. Maybe at first i did not like it so much,but now i know almost all the lyrics and i love the beats. In the future i hope more more ballads like Don`t hold your breath or Heartbeat, You will be loved...sth.like that + pop,dance tracks like killer love,wet..... a great album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Killer Love, 20 Nov 2011
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
Great album. Exceeded my expectations. Nicole covers quite a range of genres, rock, pop, and very island-ish type sounds. Loving this CD and was extremely pleased that it includes Enrique Iglesias's hit - Heartbeat. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars ....well I LOVE IT!, 9 April 2011
2Angels (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
I wanted this cd and was waiting for its release date, although after reading some of the reviews here I must confess I was ummming and ahhhing about whether to. However, I love Nicole's voice and have the Pussy Cat Doll albums and I was lucky to have this bought me for my Mother's Day present (although to be fair I did pick it myself)...and I say lucky because I absolutely love it and in my humble opinion every track stands out on its own.

The first time I listened to it I was obviously familiar with Poison, Don't Hold Your Breath & Heartbeat, but the other tracks I had not heard before (apart from the snippets on Amazon of each track which don't really give you a true insight into the track) and to be fair I was not sure what to think, I knew there were some great upbeat tracks which had some great hooks and a few slower tracks but to be honest after the first play there was not a track from the songs I hadn't heard that made me think 'wow'. However, something made me think this is definitely a grower (and in my experience the growers are the cd's that you listen to most of the time from there on in) and I am absolutely happy to say that after the second play and familiarity had stepped in and then the third play, that was it I was hooked. I have had it in my car constantly since Mother's Day and my two young children love it too! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if we all had the same taste in music it would be a boring old world but in my, as I said, humble opinion this is a FANTASTIC album and I for one can't wait to hear Ms Scherzinger next album!! It has definitely gotten under my skin and I find myself, at the most bizarre times, singing or humming away to one of tracks from the album which is in my head at that time! Thanks Nicole for a great soundtrack to my Mothers Day!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Her Name Is Nicole!!, 5 April 2011
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
In my opinion this is a 4 1/2 star rating, but seeing as Amazon doesn't give me this option, then it is a well deserved 5 star rating.

At first when I heard the album, I thought (as per usual) the first half of the album is good, and veared off towards the end, getting a bit boring etc. However with a few more (or a lot more) listens, I find the album very good, and each song does sound individual and not all the same throughout. *Thumbs up*

The highlights of the album are definitely the singles released, Poison, Heartbeat (with Enrique Iglesias) and Don't Hold My Breath (UK #1). Oustanding songs include the titled track Killer Love, Wet, Casualty and Say Yes. However each song is good and deserve to be on the album. This album is definitely a grower.

It's hard to predict which one should be her next single, but I believe Nicole should release Killer Love, if it was to be another banging tune. If it is a ballad wise possibly, AmenJena, as it really suits her voice. But whether the next singles will chart as high as her previous is another question, as most people buy the album and not the singles after the release of the album. Nevertheless these songs deserve a high, if not a chart topping position.

1.Poison - 8/10 This has never been my favourite track.
2. Killer Love - 10/10 Club tune all the way, could dance to this all night.
3. Don't Hold Your Breath - 10/10 This track has possibly been played over 100 times on my iTunes.
4. Right There - 9/10 Raggae feel, sounds like something Rihanna could do.
5. You Will Be Loved - 7/10 This is a grower.
6. Wet - 10/10 Great tune.
7. Say Yes - 9/10 Maybe because the track is next to Wet, I thought they sounded similar, but both as good as eachother.
8. Club Banger Nation - 8/10 Does remind me of Show Me Love...
9. Power's Out (Feat. Sting) - 6/10 Possibly my least favourite song on the album.
10. Desperate - 7/10 Catchy, can be a grower.
11. Everybody - 7/10 Like the lyrics.
12. Heartbeat (Remix) - 8/10 Two hot stars put together, you get a hot track.
13. Casualty - 9/10 Strong track on the album
14. AmenJena - 9/10 Really suits Nicole's voice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic feel good CD, 18 May 2011
Elaine E. Kelly "E Kelly" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
This album is absolutely fab!!! I just love driving in the car with it blaring. All songs are brill. My favourites are, Poison, Dont hold your breath and Wet. Would def recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Debut Album By Nicole!!, 3 May 2011
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this Album!! This album is definately a must for this summer, great up beat tracks throughout with some slightly slower ballards towards the end. But what I really liked the most about this Album is how diverse each of the songs are. I feel that sometimes a lot of the albums around at the moment have the danger of each of the tracks sounding the same, but fear not, this album is definately not one of those!.

My favourite songs are: 'Poison', 'Killer Love', 'Power Out - ft Sting', 'Heartbeat ft Enrique' and 'Wet'.

I promise that if you liked 'Poison' and 'Don't hold your Breath' then you will love this album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 2011 album, 22 April 2011
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
I have been waiting for her solo album so long .. It was worth... Best album ever... She deserves success - talented..beautiful em sings very well

4.0 out of 5 stars Sounds better with 4 speakers in the car high volume, 12 April 2011
I got this recently as part of a promotion 2 for 8, download. Listening to it via computer or generally in the house sounded okay.

But listening to it in a car with (4+) surround speakers I thought it sounded much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars check out the last track, 24 Mar 2011
Michael Gross - See all my reviews
This review is from: Killer Love (Audio CD)
I loved the video releases Heartbeat and Don't hold your breath (not to mention the first PCD album and all 7 videos from it), so I came to this album with high expectations. It didn't quite live up to my hopes, but it's been growing on me after repeated listening. Like the title track and the other single, Poison, both co-written by Nicole, as is Everybody.

The big revelation of the album is the final track, AmenJena, which she co-wrote with Trina Harmon, who is referenced in the acknowledgements as "my teacher and friend." She recorded this with Harmon playing the piano as the only accompaniment. Finally we get to appreciate Nicole's voice ... Now I have an idea: could the two of them get together and record an unplugged album with the best of PCD and from this album? That could be truly spectacular.

PS: What really annoyed me is the sticky label on the box, saying "Debut solo album from ..." Some of us remember that there was a debut solo album called "Her name is Nicole," which got delayed several times and then disappeared from the radar. I wish record companies were honest about this kind of thing.

ARRAY(0x9d26aa14)

Killer Love
Killer Love by Nicole Scherzinger (Audio CD - 2011)